Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 15:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PBEM feature requests
I have a few feature requests for PBEM games:

1. When playing PBEM games, it would be nice to be able to see what moves the other players has made during their turn (Of course not all their moves, just the moves that happens in my view of range )

2. Preferences should NOT be saved in the save-games, but somewhere else. I think it's totally annoying that every time I load my turn of a PBEM game, all the preferences are changed, because some other player changed them
Old January 5, 2003, 13:46   #2
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 14:46
I second both requests.

PLUS:

3. If I save a PBEM game right before hitting the End (my) Turn button (say, for future reference) and later reload it, all the statistics change from "the end of the last turn" to "the beginning of the next turn". Could it be that they still load as if I haven't hit the End Turn button yet? IOW: could the savegame show EXACTLY the stuff that was shown at the time of creating the savegame?

I am having troubles with this in the demogame. I need to make a save right before I end our turn and send the savegame on. Later, I need to load the save to take screenshots - unfortunately, all the stats (F11, production & food storage etc.) are incorrect/confusing then... the only way seems to be to load the received savegame, replay every single move, and take the screenshots. Kinda annoying...

AND:

4. Fix the load bug/cheat, pleeease. It is so easy to - even unintentionally! - have a look at the previous player's capital...
Old January 6, 2003, 05:30   #3
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 15:46
Never noticed those, but it sounds like they are important to fix also...