Old January 5, 2003, 21:48   #1
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term 8 Nomination Thread
7 days away; I think it's time for this. I'll edit in candidates as they announce themselves. (And I can also edit you out if you withdraw, but you don't want to do that, now do you? )

President:
Arnelos
Aro
Aggie

Domestic Minister:
joncnunn

Supreme Military Commander:
Meshelic
mrmitchell

Foreign Affairs Minister:
Shiber
Thud

Last edited by Kloreep; January 11, 2003 at 17:46.
Old January 5, 2003, 21:59   #2
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:47
I nominate Shiber for FAM!
Old January 5, 2003, 23:07   #3
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:47
I am announcing that I will NOT be running for any position in the next Term. Nor Will I accept any other position in the Government. It is time for me to just be a plain Senator for a while.

Thank You Aploytonia, for Allowing me to have made several Contributions to this Great Nation.

E_T
Old January 5, 2003, 23:28   #4
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Meshelic for SMC
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 5, 2003, 23:51   #5
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I am announcing that I will NOT be running for any position in the next Term. Nor Will I accept any other position in the Government. It is time for me to just be a plain Senator for a while.

Thank You Aploytonia, for Allowing me to have made several Contributions to this Great Nation.

E_T
The Roleplay Team from the PtWDG cheers!
(more of E_T's valuable insights and diligence for us)
Old January 5, 2003, 23:56   #6
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Since the number of citizens willing to be Regional Administers had such an impact last time on the Domestic Minister nominees, I thought I'd mention that I would be happy to serve the next DM as well, preferably in Old France.
Old January 6, 2003, 03:28   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon

The Roleplay Team from the PtWDG cheers!
(more of E_T's valuable insights and diligence for us)
Hey, I still need to get the darn Game.... And It won't be for quite a while

But I can still be the Wandering Entertainer that you all know & love so well (Hey, who called me a Gypsy...)

E_T
Old January 6, 2003, 04:08   #8
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:47
I will NOT run for any official position next term. Being DM this term was too damn time consuming, and I didn't even do the third E_T did during his time.
Old January 6, 2003, 04:45   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
I nominate Shiber for FAM!
Thanks for the early vote of confidence!!
Yes, I would like to run for FAM.

I recommend that Meshelic and Roadcage run for SMC. Both are excellent strategists, and this could be a close and interesting race.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 6, 2003, 05:58   #10
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

If it was possible, I would definetely enjoy a Joint-SMC position with Roadcage.

But I must decide on my availability until I confirm whether I'll run for SMC. Lately I haven't been of much use at all to E_T, the current SMC, mostly because I've been out of action most of the time, but also due to availability. However, I may be willing to run for SMC.

I still think roadcage and I would make an excellent team......
Old January 6, 2003, 15:28   #11
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I also plan to apply for a RA position.
Old January 6, 2003, 16:42   #12
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

I would probably still want to be an RA.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 6, 2003, 17:32   #13
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Meshelic for SMC
I second that.

I also will not be running for another position next term (nor accepting poisitions). Although I have enjoyed the being FAM, RL will be demanding much of my time so I will not be able to do it any justice. Besides, I support shiber.

Mss
Old January 6, 2003, 18:18   #14
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Thanks!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 6, 2003, 19:53   #15
Meshelic
King

Well I guess I've got two nominations (again!!) so this is the part where I announce that I shall run for SMC this term. Good luck to any who might run in opposition, and anyone else.

Meshelic

PS All you Labor Party members should look for a position to run for (if you have the time of course).....just to encourage you a bit.

Who knows, if Shiber and I win then the ALP is 1/2 of the government.....besides the Senate of course...
Old January 6, 2003, 21:53   #16
Kloreep
Emperor

Go Meshelic! Go Shiber!

Now, will there be any DIA candidates?
Old January 6, 2003, 23:40   #17
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Well I guess I've got two nominations (again!!) so this is the part where I announce that I shall run for SMC this term. Good luck to any who might run in opposition, and anyone else.

Meshelic

PS All you Labor Party members should look for a position to run for (if you have the time of course).....just to encourage you a bit.

Who knows, if Shiber and I win then the ALP is 1/2 of the government.....besides the Senate of course...
As the Current SMC and formerly in Opposition to Meshelic (during the last election), I think that he will make a great SMC. When he has had the time, he has made some valuable contributions to my tenure as SMC and will fully support him in his quest for this Office.

Although, I fear that most of his term will be involved with the training of his troops for the War against England, He will still make a great peacetime SMC, too.

Meshelic, make sure that you work closely with the DM.RA's as to what you will require for your troops.

E_T
Old January 7, 2003, 00:30   #18
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

As the Current SMC and formerly in Opposition to Meshelic (during the last election), I think that he will make a great SMC. When he has had the time, he has made some valuable contributions to my tenure as SMC and will fully support him in his quest for this Office.

Although, I fear that most of his term will be involved with the training of his troops for the War against England, He will still make a great peacetime SMC, too.

Meshelic, make sure that you work closely with the DM.RA's as to what you will require for your troops.

E_T
I thank you for your support E_T, although you may exaggerate my input a little bit....
Old January 7, 2003, 04:31   #19
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Meshelic and Shiber... I'm proud of you, guys!
Old January 7, 2003, 05:12   #20
Shiber
Emperor

Thank you everyone! All this support I'm getting really warms my heart, and I'm sure Meshelic feels the same.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 7, 2003, 05:56   #21
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Thank you everyone! All this support I'm getting really warms my heart, and I'm sure Meshelic feels the same.
Indeed.

Thanks all!

Now who's going to run against me? C'mon someone do it, I'd rather lose a race than win an uncontested election!
Old January 7, 2003, 08:27   #22
Shiber
Emperor

Same here really. Winning or losing makes no difference to me - if I lose the race I can always be RA and keep myself busy until next term.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 7, 2003, 10:43   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
I nominate donegeal for Domestic Minister.
Old January 7, 2003, 19:50   #24
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I would like to nominate myself for RA.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old January 7, 2003, 21:50   #25
Meshelic
King

No Presidential or Domestic Minister volunteers?

[Joke Veiled Threat]
Don't make me impose a military dictatorship! No Prez and that's what you'll get!
[end of the joking vieled threat]

really i'm just kidding, don't hold it against me in the elections!
Old January 7, 2003, 23:51   #26
Kloreep
Emperor

Come on, we need a Prez!

And we need a Domestic Minister, too. Remember, there are several RAs lined up already:
dejon
Kloreep
Panzer32
Aidun

That means there's already RAs for all but one of the current provinces. And if Shiber loses, looks like he'd be an RA too.
Old January 8, 2003, 00:56   #27
Panzer32
Emperor

maybe we could have a domestic ministry made up of RAs without a leader, if worst came to worst... we would also need a PW person though...
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 8, 2003, 01:05   #28
Kloreep
Emperor

If we could just get two more people on board (another RA and a PW person), we could essentially have that; someone would need to run for DM and make the appointments, but there wouldn't be too much fuss after that. (Basically how this term operated.)
Old January 8, 2003, 01:57   #29
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 13:47
^
l
Is this legal?
Old January 8, 2003, 02:42   #30
Shiber
Emperor

IMHO there'll be little work left for the DM next term. After most of the PWs are done, all the DM will have to do is to go over RA orders, which he doesn't really have to. Instead the DM can go over the orders of a random region before each turnchat to assure that the empire-wide needs are fulfilled (sort of like random inspections).
- Phantom of the Opera