Old January 8, 2003, 03:38   #31
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by nz_upy
^
l
Is this legal?
Well it's not ILLEGAL...per say. Besides, it would take a couple Senate Bills to hammer out something like that..

Talking about it isn't illegal, but that conversation would have to take place in another thread...

Meshelic
Old January 8, 2003, 12:57   #32
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 09:47
I am a current judge, and would have to resign....

I would be willing to do so and be prez if, and only if, nobody else wants to do it.

If I am it, there will be NO turnchats.

If I am it, any missing minister orders I will make judgements, and issue either my own or halt the game.

I will, in essance, be a petty dictator, doing what I want, how I want, when I want, and so forth. That doesn't mean I will intentionally brake any laws or violate the reasoning behind having the demo-game. It just means that I will run it like a person who isn't going to put up with a lot of crap.

If I have a VP who is willing, they will be more than welcome to play the game as a chat every now and then.

Because of how I know I will run this, I strongly advise someone else to run. I would much rather stay a justice for this month.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old January 8, 2003, 13:12   #33
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 15:47
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing

I would be willing to do so and be prez if, and only if, nobody else wants to do it.

If I am it, any missing minister orders I will make judgements, and issue either my own or halt the game.

I will, in essance, be a petty dictator, doing what I want, how I want, when I want, and so forth. That doesn't mean I will intentionally brake any laws or violate the reasoning behind having the demo-game. It just means that I will run it like a person who isn't going to put up with a lot of crap.

If I have a VP who is willing, they will be more than welcome to play the game as a chat every now and then.

Because of how I know I will run this, I strongly advise someone else to run. I would much rather stay a justice for this month.

GK
hi ,

, need a VP , .....

have a nice day
Old January 8, 2003, 13:15   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Quote:
I will, in essence, be a petty dictator, doing what I want, how I want, when I want, and so forth.

GK
So, what? That's how we have ALWAYS envisioned you.
Old January 8, 2003, 13:44   #35
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks GF.....

--Con
Old January 8, 2003, 13:56   #36
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

GodKing, I'm sure you could make a great president, only that I would really miss turnchats during wartime. I've said it before and I'll say it again - turnchats allow for real-time brainstorming and are necessary for making war properly.
Having said that, I hope that someone else (Roadcage? E_T? Ghengis Farb?) volunteers and you won't have to run. It's nothing personal, and I'm sure you'd make an EXCELLENT president, really I am, but that black spot about turnchats just won't let my conscience vote for you.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 8, 2003, 14:05   #37
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
GodKing, I'm sure you could make a great president, only that I would really miss turnchats during wartime. I've said it before and I'll say it again - turnchats allow for real-time brainstorming and are necessary for making war properly.
Having said that, I hope that someone else (Roadcage? E_T? Ghengis Farb?) volunteers and you won't have to run. It's nothing personal, and I'm sure you'd make an EXCELLENT president, really I am, but that black spot about turnchats just won't let my conscience vote for you.
hi ,

he could always start to see the benefits in a couple day's , .....

have a nice day
Old January 8, 2003, 14:40   #38
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:47
If no one else wants to be prez, I would consider it, but it would be much the same araingement GK mentioned, except we would have about 1 turnchat a week on the weekends. but during the week we would have a turnthread. Gernerally it would be in the form of a continually moving turn. I'd play when I could a turn post the results and then would do the next turn after input(particularly for the SMC, since the other orders could be done ahead of time).
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; January 8, 2003 at 14:47.
Old January 8, 2003, 15:17   #39
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

As many of you have suspected, in RL...

I roadcage (retired) am a big picture think tank type of guy who absolutely, positively would be terrible in a line position. I believe that I best serve the DG community by doing what I have done in the past. While current and past administrations have not heeded my ramblings, I am certain that I have raised the bar on gameplay analysis.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old January 8, 2003, 15:32   #40
GodKing
Emperor

I can definately see the desire for chats, however, there are few and far between times when I can divote over 9 hours of time to play 3-5 turns, which is what if takes for a chat.

Also, I am unable to use mIRC and log on to poly at home. There is some sort of compatibility issue that nobody has been able to figure out. And if I use java chat here at poly, it conflicts with civ so that I can only use one at a time. Therefor in order for me to do a chat, I would have to log on. Say Hi. Log off. Start civ. Do a couple of moves. End Civ. Log on. Report. Log off. Start civ. Couple more moves. End Civ. Log on. Report. etc. etc. etc. Now 6 hours later we might be ready to end the first turn. For me it is most definately NOT worth the headach. And I doubt anybody else would want to go through that either. Therefor, I cannot reasonably do a chat.

What I would realy like to see is some of the new people step forward. Lets get involved people. This is a great way. When I started here, I ran and even skywalker got more votes than I did. No offence to skywalker. Go ahead and run for something. It is fun to be involved.

--Con
Old January 8, 2003, 15:41   #41
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

-Double post-
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 8, 2003, 15:41   #42
Shiber
Emperor

The continually moving turn is similar to an idea I've been envisioning for some time. IMHO it's certainly much better than the conventional turnthread.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 8, 2003, 15:48   #43
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
If no one else wants to be prez, I would consider it, but it would be much the same araingement GK mentioned, except we would have about 1 turnchat a week on the weekends. but during the week we would have a turnthread. Gernerally it would be in the form of a continually moving turn. I'd play when I could a turn post the results and then would do the next turn after input(particularly for the SMC, since the other orders could be done ahead of time).
Aggie
This could work, you could be a Religious Warpriest leading our nation in the purge of the unfruitful (those who know not the Banana) from our continent.

I could even see myself being some sort of raving lunatic fanatically carrying your warcry....

Alright, who's it going to be?
Old January 8, 2003, 15:55   #44
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I appreciate GodKing's willingness to step forward, and respect his decision to not go forward with turnchats himself, but I'll say this much. For me hoping to be the next SMC who will come in during a world war; obviously very interesting times, I would find it hugely difficult if turnchats weren't used during my term.

I hate to press an ultimatum, because I would really like to see GodKing as Prez, and respect his willingness, but if turnchats aren't used anymore than I will resign my nomination for SMC.

I've gotten used to chats as the way to do things, and I'm afraid that any other way would cause problems for me, personally.

Just about anyone who steps forward who can do turnchats (maybe even shortened ones that don't take an entire day) I will vote for, if that is the major difference between the nominees.

Sorry GodKing, just my own personal style of things...
Old January 8, 2003, 16:07   #45
GodKing
Emperor

As I stated, I would rather not be prez at this time. I can completely understand the desire for chats. I am just unable to do so. Therefore, I would prefer it if someone else was able to do this, such as aggie who appears to be in almost the same position I am in, and DO the chats. I enjoy sitting in on them from time to time. Simply consider me a course of desperation.

GK

--Con
Old January 8, 2003, 16:15   #46
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:

GK
I would be happy to be your VP in such an instance, perhaps even hold a chat once or twice, but not often...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old January 8, 2003, 16:34   #47
Meshelic
King

Quote:
As I stated, I would rather not be prez at this time. I can completely understand the desire for chats. I am just unable to do so. Therefore, I would prefer it if someone else was able to do this, such as aggie who appears to be in almost the same position I am in, and DO the chats. I enjoy sitting in on them from time to time. Simply consider me a course of desperation.

GK
Again, GodKing, thanks for being so willing. I guess we really can't all be too picky right now can we?

Aggie, President? (Guess that means you can't be my deputy...)
Old January 8, 2003, 17:10   #48
Shiber
Emperor

I'm pretty sure that Roadcage would volunteer to be your deputy. He has proven himself to be a first-class strategist countless times. In fact, I think he should run for SMC.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 8, 2003, 17:25   #49
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

(coming out of the shadows...)

I am willing to be President again if no-one else will do it and put the proper time into it run turnchats (which I agree with Shiber as being essential).

My problem is that I'm not too thrilled with it as long as we're at war. Being President means that you have to be there for the ENTIRE turnchat and turnchats during wars are AGGRAVATINGLY LONG. Taking 6 hours to do 2 turns hasn't been my cup of tea. I far preferred running turnchats as the pseudo "Acting President" in MrWIA's absense when we did 5 turns in only 2-3 hours.

I don't particularly like losing 6 hours each saturday and another insane number of hours sometime else in the week just to do 2 measly turns.

As much as it's fun firing artillery at Otto, losing that much time I could be doing other things has become a drag.

I will run for president if someone else doesn't both want it and have the time for it. That said, as with this past term when I wanted to be FAM, I wouldn't be running for President because I'm extremely enthusiastic about the job description.

I'll probably be looking for a Vice President this next term that is fully capable of doing all the job description of President. Assuming none of you turkeys turn me down this time, the VP could be a lot more important this next term if I run for President.

That will be all for now...
Old January 8, 2003, 17:34   #50
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Assuming none of you turkeys turn me down this time...
Old January 8, 2003, 18:35   #51
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

As normal, I won't be running for anything . Shiber'll be great as FAM (consider this my endorsement), and I have no intention of challanging him there. As for the Presidency, I find myself (yet again) in the nasty position of being a student , and (as such) unable to do much in the way of a solid schedule, considering that it takes HOURS to play the game.

Same with being Vice President. I can serve in any capacity except in playing the game, which is where help is needed most .

So... I'm sorry to say that it sounds like I'll be rather useless yet again this term .

-- adaMada
Old January 9, 2003, 00:51   #52
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Any more RAs?

I'm considering running, but I want two more deputies signed up (more, if any of you who said you wanted to be an RA before can't/won't any longer).
Old January 9, 2003, 17:16   #53
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
(coming out of the shadows...)

I am willing to be President again if no-one else will do it and put the proper time into it run turnchats (which I agree with Shiber as being essential).

My problem is that I'm not too thrilled with it as long as we're at war. Being President means that you have to be there for the ENTIRE turnchat and turnchats during wars are AGGRAVATINGLY LONG. Taking 6 hours to do 2 turns hasn't been my cup of tea. I far preferred running turnchats as the pseudo "Acting President" in MrWIA's absense when we did 5 turns in only 2-3 hours.

I don't particularly like losing 6 hours each saturday and another insane number of hours sometime else in the week just to do 2 measly turns.

As much as it's fun firing artillery at Otto, losing that much time I could be doing other things has become a drag.

I will run for president if someone else doesn't both want it and have the time for it. That said, as with this past term when I wanted to be FAM, I wouldn't be running for President because I'm extremely enthusiastic about the job description.

I'll probably be looking for a Vice President this next term that is fully capable of doing all the job description of President. Assuming none of you turkeys turn me down this time, the VP could be a lot more important this next term if I run for President.

That will be all for now...
hi ,

, that would be great , since we are at an important point of history , actually most of the people could stay , this would cut down on some time that is lost due to the elections and it would also mean that many great projects can be finished in a fast and correct way , ...

have a nice day
Old January 9, 2003, 19:16   #54
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I nominate panag for President. I think he did okay as Vice and deserves a promotion.
Old January 9, 2003, 19:19   #55
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
I second that.
Old January 9, 2003, 19:36   #56
Meshelic
King

Arnelos, Aggie and Panag are all in the running for President, is that correct?
Old January 9, 2003, 19:41   #57
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Arnelos, Aggie and Panag are all in the running for President, is that correct?
Nope, just panag. Which is only fair as Arnelos and Aggie have both held office so its panag's turn.
Old January 9, 2003, 19:51   #58
GodKing
Emperor

Shiber would throw a fit........

But I have no objections.

Panag for Prez, and GF to be his VP..... no wait....... he would be better at domestic, now, but Kloreep is going to run for that.... oh the decisions we have......

--Con
Old January 9, 2003, 19:53   #59
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Advertisement for the DM job

YOU might be the future DM, if you want to. The DM job will be far more gratifying next term than it has been during the previous terms, because :
- there is virtually not any more PW to do.
- most workers will be integrated, or will have a framework for their integration
- RAs are experienced and autonomous

You'll mostly have to check if RAs' decisions don't radically go against the big picture, and do some general-interest requests to your RAs (as well as occasional PW)

Overall, DM might probably be the elected job with the least work to do next term, while still being critical to Apolytonia !

Of course, you might ask "Why do you leave then, if the job is so fulfilling ?". The answer is personal : much more RL work to do now, and the fact that I'm bored during war (for some, war in Civ is fun, but for me it is utterly dull). Also, turnchats were saturnday afternoon for me, which was a time I couldn't spend with my friends (if a North American takes over me, turnchats will be at a much more convenient time of a day). So, I'm overall wanting to enjoy retirement next term.
Old January 9, 2003, 20:08   #60
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Panag for Prez
Why not?!? It's better than the Banana....

E_T