Old January 6, 2003, 00:01   #1
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 06:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A Couple of Templates
It's been annoying me how in PTW, I haven't had any graphics in my City View screen for the improvements I've added. But while looking in the Art\City Screen folder, I came across buildings-large.pcx and buildings-small.pcx and discovered that I just have to add the icons there.

But the original files didn't have nearly enough room on them for my additions, and since I have to add more space for myself anyway, I figured I'd upload a copy with more room in them, and save someone else the bother of having to do it themselves.

Oops, I meant to put this in Creation. Can some mod fix that?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cityview_buildings.zip (181.8 KB, 10 views)
Old January 6, 2003, 17:51   #2
JimMac
Prince

Local Time: 14:47
Hi

I would be grateful for some advice on adding buildings.

There seems to be lots of information both on 'Poly and CFC on adding units, and there are lots of units to download, some of which I have added quite successfully. But I havent been able to find much information on adding buildings together with their pictures in the city view,- I guess this is because it is so simple?

For my own version of PTW I have taken culture effects from some 'happiness', 'science', or 'economic' buildings and created 'culture' dedicated buildings such as Theatre,Museum etc. I have the effects working properly in the game (and the AI builds them when appropriate) but I don't have the little icons. How is it done and is there a resource of buildings to be downloaded anywhere?

Thanks for any info
JIm
Old January 6, 2003, 20:01   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 06:47
Quote:
Originally posted by JimMac
Hi

I would be grateful for some advice on adding buildings.

There seems to be lots of information both on 'Poly and CFC on adding units, and there are lots of units to download, some of which I have added quite successfully. But I havent been able to find much information on adding buildings together with their pictures in the city view,- I guess this is because it is so simple?

For my own version of PTW I have taken culture effects from some 'happiness', 'science', or 'economic' buildings and created 'culture' dedicated buildings such as Theatre,Museum etc. I have the effects working properly in the game (and the AI builds them when appropriate) but I don't have the little icons. How is it done and is there a resource of buildings to be downloaded anywhere?

Thanks for any info
JIm
That's exactly what I'm pointing out here. The buildings-large.pcx file contains the icons for buildings in the Build List, buildings-small.pcx contains the icons for your City List. You'll have to add new icons into the extra spaces I've provided in order to get your building graphics to appear in the City View.

Unfortunately I don't think that anyone's gotten around to creating any building graphics yet, so about all you can do is copy and paste ones that exist now. Maybe someone will get around to doing some more art work for it, who knows.