Old January 6, 2003, 20:30   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SMC Campaign Thread
SMC CAMPAIGN THREAD

Well, another Term, another set of elections, and of course, you know it, another set of campaign threads...

Off-topic discussions don't belong here, keep in mind. I'm sure you all know that, though....

I'll start off the round with a short list of questions for both myself and my opponent in the race. Anyone who has any further questions feel free to ask!

1.) What are your main goals as SMC for this term?

2.) How would you propose to continue the war effort against Germany and Rome? ie strategies?
Old January 6, 2003, 20:47   #2
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Re: SMC Campaign Thread
Quote:

Certainly my main goal would be to obey the Senate's orders as far as continuing the war, or ending it.

Other than that, a large goal of mine would be to coordinate with the Domestic Minister the creation of further military units, preferably only Veteran units. I believe in a strong, veteran army capable of repelling any attack and carrying out any offensive needed.

Quote:
2.) How would you propose to continue the war effort against Germany and Rome? ie strategies?
Should the Senate vote for the complete conquest of Germany, then the German front shall remain a priority for the SMC. Like E_T and Aggie before me, I would rely heavily on artillery to disable a city's defenses, before sending in infantry and cavalry.

As for the Romans, again it depends on what the Senate wants. I have been a supporter of capturing Roman cities and handing them away to our allies. Should the war continue, we will capture Rome this term, as well as other major Roman cities.

If the support is there, we may be able to end the war during this term.

I'll post a map or two to give you all a visual idea of my strategy regarding the war in a day or so. I need to check the latest save to see what units are available for battle.
Old January 7, 2003, 00:40   #3
Meshelic
King

Another interesting possibility I'd like to point out is that we are not sure how long this war will last anyways. Surely there have been wars that simply drain on the resources of both nations, and must come to an end eventually. Although I don't foresee this as happening indefinetely in our FUTURE, I must acknowledge the possibility that it COULD happen, ie the war ending sometime during my Term.

In a time of PEACE, it will be my responsibility to ensure that our borders are secure, our units are all in good health, and that our continued production of military units goes unabated.

As the founder of the Labor Party, I proposed and approved a measure stipulating that the ALP shall support the military by demanding that only the most elite and veteran units are used, ever. Basically this means I will not request, unless under VERY unusual circumstances, the DRAFTING of ANY units, for conscripts are untrained and not worthy of battle.

This also means that in upgrading our military, I shall only request units from cities that have a barracks built in them. I see no need to senselessly waste our resources on a sub-standard military.

I would also seek the creation of at least ONE Army. Perhaps more may be needed as time goes by, although this is also dependant upon the Senate and any resolution that takes us to further war (after the World War we are fighting right now).
Old January 7, 2003, 01:29   #4
Meshelic
King

Draft of continued German Front
Here is a first draft plan for continuing the war into Germany. Notice that these plans are due for change since we will most certainly be in a different position by the time the elections are held and completed. I assume that there will be another two turnchats before then? [Arnelos, E_T?]

The colored lines indicate both movement phases and attack phases. Once a city is captured, it switches to the next phase of what I'd like to call Operation Eagle's Nest. (Side note, I drew some inspiration from when I lived in Germany in real life, and my visit to Hitler's private chateau in the mountains...it's quite breathtaking).

Yellow indicates the first movement and attack phases, red indicates the following operations after the initial cities are captured, green is next, blue and so on.

Artillery will be used heavily as it was during E_T's tenure; I plan to keep them in the hills mostly, and as far away from the cities as possible while still being within bombardment range. Once each city has been appropriately pounded into dust by repeated artillery attacks, cavalry will swarm in, supported by infantry.

Once the Operation continues into the northern plains, we will not enjoy the defensive bonuses of hills and mountains, and as Germany will be on it's last breath, we should expect some very stiff resistance, which we will undoubtedly be requiring additional reinforcements from other regions.

Notice also that Nurembourg will be the last objective in the German campaign. At that point I will be requesting a decision by the Senate whether to move forward and completely annihilate the Germans or to allow them to keep one last city, much like what we did with the Persians. However, should the Senate approve moving forward, Nurembourg will fall shortly after a regrouping of all forces.

I also have plans for the Roman Front and a hypothetical invasion of Zululand. I will post those tomorrow.

Thanks
Meshelic
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	germaninvasion.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	33323  

Last edited by Meshelic; January 7, 2003 at 01:35.
Old January 7, 2003, 03:14   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51
I have a question or 3:

1) What do you think of the recently updated TOBE plans that I have asked Aggie to post? Do you have any modifications of this plan or do you think that the plan is relativeley sound?

2) If your term is due to be a peacetime term, what will your plans for the office be?

3) With the Palace move to be accomplished soon and the Mil Acad soon to be located at Ferropolis, what are your plans for the future Army builds? Will you save the Created Armies, to add Tanks to them or will you start filling them with Cavalry? Will you make just enough Cavalry Armies to get the Pentagon and save the rest for tanks? If saving them for Tanks, how will that affect the TOBE pre-planning, i.e. Delaying the Kick-off until enough single tank (no in an Army) units have been built?

E_T
Old January 7, 2003, 04:54   #6
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I have a question or 3:

1) What do you think of the recently updated TOBE plans that I have asked Aggie to post? Do you have any modifications of this plan or do you think that the plan is relativeley sound?
Actually I believe the plan is very good! Provided that our situation doesn't DRASTICALLY change with the English until the aforementioned plan is to be put into effect, I don't see any reason to change or modify it, whatsoever.
Quote:
2) If your term is due to be a peacetime term, what will your plans for the office be?
Well I've made some comments in the above (we posted about the same time...) but I don't mind making additional comments on this subject.

As I said previously, in a peacetime environment, I would like to make sure that all units are healed from any battles (which of course wouldn't take very long at all), and arrange them appropriately for the next campaign that may take place after this term vs. the English. To ensure that whoever takes command next war will be able to quickly take over and carry on to the next objective.

By then all of our cities will have railroads, and unit movement will be immediate.

Unit placement I will make sure to keep a close eye on. Especially after this war is over. Perhaps the other nations will be too intimidated by our strength to invade our territory....but perhaps they won't. I would like to ensure that at any potential "weak" spots in our territory, we have stationed troops ready to defend right away, without having to move reinforcements from other regions. Keeping all regions safe, secure and strong is at the forefront of my peacetime plans.

Quote:
3) With the Palace move to be accomplished soon and the Mil Acad soon to be located at Ferropolis, what are your plans for the future Army builds? Will you save the Created Armies, to add Tanks to them or will you start filling them with Cavalry? Will you make just enough Cavalry Armies to get the Pentagon and save the rest for tanks?
Those decisions [to build an army] are up to the Senate, in my opinion. I may be wrong technically, but this is my understanding as I see it so far, although I DO plan on coordinating with the DM, the Prez and the Senate the build queues for Armies. I am open to suggestions on what should be done, basically.

But personally, I would like to see 4 armies created at the least, either during this war or during peacetime. 2 Armies would be Cavalry, 2 would be Infantry, and any further Army's will be saved for tanks.

Quote:
If saving them for Tanks, how will that affect the TOBE pre-planning, i.e. Delaying the Kick-off until enough single tank (no in an Army) units have been built?

E_T
I'm sure our industry can handle pumping out several tank units when the time is right. But until tanks are available to us, an a pair of Cavalry armies and a pair of Infantry armies would suffice in my opinion, although more than that would of course not be a bad thing. I don't foresee the TOBE to be delayed or affected very drastically at all. One of my goals is to make sure that TOBE can be carried out immediately after my term or sometime before, depending on how we decide to time things.

I hope that can somewhat answer your questions, E_T!

Meshelic
Old January 9, 2003, 17:54   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 15:51
hi ,

Meshelic some Q's ;

why not wait to fill the armies unitil we have mech infantry , ....

shall you draft poor untrained boys and take them from our cities , ...

have a nice day
Old January 9, 2003, 19:31   #8
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

Meshelic some Q's ;

why not wait to fill the armies unitil we have mech infantry , ....

shall you draft poor untrained boys and take them from our cities , ...

have a nice day
I will pose the question to the Senate on what to fill the soon-to-be-built empty armies with; either mech infantry, tanks, modern armor...etc. The Senate can decide on that, although I will announce my preference once the time comes. The reason I give the choice to the Senate is because I want to ensure that everyone has a voice and can decide on how we form our future Military. Those decisions will be made at the appropriate time, that is, shortly before we have developed Computers and Synthetic Fibers.

For the draft, I will keep to my long-standing belief that conscripts are worthless and have no place in our military. Their lack of experience make them cannon fodder for the enemy, and I don't wish to draft at the expense of our cities population. I believe I have already acknowledged this on several occasions.

The only time I would authorize the drafting of citizens is in the RARE, RARE case that every nation on the planet invades us, and even then, when it is our last resort. Due to the unlikeliness of this case, the draft has a 99.9% chance of NOT being put into effect during my term.

Not to mention that as a member of the Labor Party, I oppose the draft wholeheartedly.

Hope that answers your questions...
Meshelic
Old January 10, 2003, 16:45   #9
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

I will pose the question to the Senate on what to fill the soon-to-be-built empty armies with; either mech infantry, tanks, modern armor...etc. The Senate can decide on that, although I will announce my preference once the time comes. The reason I give the choice to the Senate is because I want to ensure that everyone has a voice and can decide on how we form our future Military. Those decisions will be made at the appropriate time, that is, shortly before we have developed Computers and Synthetic Fibers.

For the draft, I will keep to my long-standing belief that conscripts are worthless and have no place in our military. Their lack of experience make them cannon fodder for the enemy, and I don't wish to draft at the expense of our cities population. I believe I have already acknowledged this on several occasions.

The only time I would authorize the drafting of citizens is in the RARE, RARE case that every nation on the planet invades us, and even then, when it is our last resort. Due to the unlikeliness of this case, the draft has a 99.9% chance of NOT being put into effect during my term.

Not to mention that as a member of the Labor Party, I oppose the draft wholeheartedly.

Hope that answers your questions...
Meshelic
hi ,

thanks

have a nice day & good luck
Old January 10, 2003, 17:05   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51
Great platform.
Old January 10, 2003, 18:44   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yes, well said.
Old January 10, 2003, 18:58   #12
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Great platform.
Quote:
Yes, well said.
Thank you all for your support, I hope to carry on in the fine tradition of our former SMC's Uberkrux, Aggie and E_T. While war is at hand we will crush any opposition, and when peace is accomplished I will ensure that our borders are secure and able to resist any attack.

Thanks again!
Meshelic
Old January 11, 2003, 12:07   #13
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:51
Quote:

1.) To hand over as much power as possible to Meshelic, as I suck at Civilization III.

2.) By using whatever Meshelic suggests.

(note: i am NOT withdrawing from the SMC-race even with these statements.)
Old January 11, 2003, 12:31   #14
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
1.) To hand over as much power as possible to Meshelic, as I suck at Civilization III.

2.) By using whatever Meshelic suggests.
That gets my vote!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 11, 2003, 13:51   #15
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51

I can't imagine myself playing civ without you guys.
Old January 11, 2003, 14:34   #16
Meshelic
King

Oh man, maybe I should run for Prez...
j/k

mrmitchell I like your strategy!
Old January 11, 2003, 15:44   #17
Kuciwalker
Deity

Old January 11, 2003, 17:51   #18
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Oh man, maybe I should run for Prez...
j/k

mrmitchell I like your strategy!
hi ,

why not , ......

have a nice day

panag > gives some banana to Meshelic to fund his campaign
Old January 12, 2003, 14:20   #19
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
As for mrmitchell, I will speak for him or against him, whichever will do him the most good.

With full credit for this fractured quote to

Trickey (I am not a crook) **** Nixon

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old January 12, 2003, 14:37   #20
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Roadcage , any ambitions for you , ...

you would do a good job as SMC , ....

have a nice day
Old January 12, 2003, 15:31   #21
Kuciwalker
Deity

We already have too many good people running for President.
Old January 13, 2003, 09:02   #22
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
We already have too many good people running for President.
hi ,

this is the SMC campaign thread , ....

have a nice day