Old December 27, 2002, 13:16   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Regional Factbook Entry
As UN delegate, it is my job to create a Regional Factbook Entry for the World Factbook. A short paragraph about Apolyton Region. What do people want in it? What best reflects Apolyon?

Please discuss.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 27, 2002, 13:20   #2
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:55
The Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Alien Races feels it is of great importance to mention the vast diversity of both races and ideologies present in the rulers and peoples of nations of the Region of Apolyton. It is probably one of the region's most defining characteristics.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)
Old December 27, 2002, 13:22   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I agree. I presume to also mention Apolyton.net, and say that we have much activity and discussion there, but I do not want to scare of people from outside of 'Poly. Would any of the mods mind if we publiced Apolyton website on our region page?

Old December 27, 2002, 13:27   #4
reismark
Emperor

If you should to mention it, Mr. Delegate, place emphasis on not only our wide diversity but also our open doors. This should deter the fears of most.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)
Old December 27, 2002, 13:40   #5
aahz_capone
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesApolyton UniversityDiplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 14:55
Mention Civ and SMAC!

Mention how in our nationstates community at Apolyton.net we have our own tribunal, panel of judges, trade block and rivalries.

If you can update this factbook every once in a while then you can keep the UN up to date with our internal struggles, rulings and stuff.
Old December 27, 2002, 13:46   #6
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Something about how all kings in the apolyton region have a love for strategy games might be nice
Old December 27, 2002, 14:05   #7
Drogue
staff

I would like to post this on the Nation States forum too, if people agree:

Quote:
Apolyton is a relatively new region, founded on 2 days ago, but is already very active, with 39 members already. We founded Apolyton as a region for members of apolyton.net, but allow anyone in. However we recommend you join apolyton.net, as we have very active discussions and role-plays there. At the moment there is a drive for peace among nations, yet there is a large amount of trade of arms and ammunition.

Apolyton is a diverse region. We have all sorts of nations from Left-Wing Utopias to Capitalist Paradises, and from Libertarian nations to Psychotic Despots. No member is forced to vote for anything they do not like, nor change policy to suit anyone else. However, you will receive input and advise from other nations, and can give such to others.

We have founded a court of Apolyton, which is designed to mediate disputes between member nations. It is elected by all nations of Apolyton, and is optional, in that both parties have to have agreed to mediation before trial for the verdict to be imposed. Otherwise the verdict is simply a recommendation, with no contractual obligation to follow it. Therefore Libertarian nations can dismiss it if they wish.

A few nations have started a free trade agreement (started by leftist nations incidentally). While we understand the use of tariffs for the individual nation, we believe they damage the region as whole, and promote competition on unequal terms. New nations are not required to join, in fact many existing nations have not, but I believe it is beneficial.

As representative of The Commonwealth of Akiria I have been elected as UN delegate, but there is no requirement to support me or to join the UN. Indeed, some nations have formed an alliance against the UN, calling it bureaucratic and biased.

We are a region of individual nations, and I must stress that there are no requirements of any sort to move to Apolyton, though we recommend you join apolyton.net to take advantage of the discussion and role-playing.

This is an official advert from The Commonwealth of Akiria, on behalf of Apolyton Region.
I could do a short version for the Factbook if wanted.

What do people think? MarkG or Ming or someone, can I publicise Apolyton.net on there, so that people know where we are?

Last edited by Drogue; December 27, 2002 at 14:12.
Old December 27, 2002, 14:11   #8
reismark
Emperor

OOC:
Old December 27, 2002, 14:24   #9
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

If you want to ask MarkG, your best chance is probably to PM him.

Do It Ourselves
Old December 27, 2002, 15:52   #10
aahz_capone
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesApolyton UniversityDiplomacy
Prince

I think its great! but could you maybe mention that Apolyton is civ/smac related?
Old December 27, 2002, 15:53   #11
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 08:55
why do we need to ask Mark? it's not like we're Hardmanning the site.
Old December 27, 2002, 16:00   #12
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 16:55
I agree with H Tower, I can't possibly see a reason why Markos would oppose having new visitors to the site.
Old February 28, 2003, 19:18   #13
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree. I presume to also mention Apolyton.net, and say that we have much activity and discussion there, but I do not want to scare of people from outside of 'Poly. Would any of the mods mind if we publiced Apolyton website on our region page?
What if Guardian changes the link to go directly to this section of the forum... instead of just generally the site- it will help prospective members find us better.
Old March 1, 2003, 13:03   #14
Drogue
staff

I agree. We were still using Stories and Diplomacy when I wrote that, but would be a good idea now.

Old March 2, 2003, 17:56   #15
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Speaking of Guardian- where is he? I haven't seen him around here for a few days- and he never answered my last question?
Old March 2, 2003, 18:55   #16
Drogue
staff

No idea, haven't seen him post for a while. If only I didn't ave my annoying endorsement wear off thing, I could challenge him for Delegate Alas, the age of Akiria has long passed, and we'll just have to settle for being #1 at everything

Old March 2, 2003, 19:21   #17
DarkCloud
staff

Why do endorsements wear off on some nations?
Old March 3, 2003, 08:32   #18
Drogue
staff

No idea, they're not meant to, and AFAIK only mine do. It's been a bug since the start.

Old March 3, 2003, 10:13   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 15:55
Sorry guys! Been "missing" for a few days, but... Well, I'm here now...

...and the requested change to the factbook entry will be implemented immediately!
Old March 3, 2003, 11:07   #20
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
No idea, they're not meant to, and AFAIK only mine do. It's been a bug since the start.
I guess that's the price you pay for having a super-growing population

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old March 3, 2003, 22:22   #21
DarkCloud
staff

Thank you for updating Guardian!
Old March 4, 2003, 03:09   #22
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

You're welcome.
Old March 4, 2003, 07:03   #23
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni Wine
I guess that's the price you pay for having a super-growing population
Recently it's stopped growing so fast. Have no idea why used to be a rate of ~20-30 million per day (at about 500 million citizens) and now only about ~10-15 million per day I want to be the biggest

Old March 6, 2003, 05:06   #24
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

is this the fact book entry we are talkin' about?

Quote:
Apolyton
World Factbook Entry: Apolyton is a diverse region, and a region of individual nations. There are no requirements or prerequisites of any kind to move to Apolyton, though we do recommend you join us at http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=173 to take advantage of the discussion and role-playing, including the elected court, used for mediating disputes between nations.
Old March 6, 2003, 06:40   #25
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Yeah, that's the one.
Old March 6, 2003, 06:43   #26
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

looks rather short for me. and it doesn't seem to have any content. and shouldn't that address rather be apolyton.net or apolyton.net/forums or simple in some other way?
Old March 6, 2003, 08:34   #27
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I'm 341 millions?
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 6, 2003, 08:37   #28
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Errm... it used to be www.apolyton.net/forums, but people wanted it to be the address of this forum, not just teh 'Poly "frontpage". I just changed it...