Old January 9, 2003, 16:09   #61
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Just take a look at most of the posts before mine. Most were trolls!
You really haven't made one point of worth this entire worth this entire thread. You seem intent on trying to sidetrack the issue on to a discussion of the troubles in Macedonia or trafficing in ad hominems to avoid peoples sharp points.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old January 9, 2003, 16:11   #62
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 10:02
Fox: Facts have always been paiktis' achilles heel. Before long, he'll be telling you to search around the internet and do your own research.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old January 9, 2003, 16:11   #63
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

What Dino said.

This serves as an excellent reminder of why I never take you seriously, Pattycakes.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:12   #64
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 16:02
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
You really haven't made one point of worth this entire worth this entire thread. You seem intent on trying to sidetrack the issue on to a discussion of the troubles in Macedonia or trafficing in ad hominems to avoid peoples sharp points.
And that's another one.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:13   #65
Bereta_Eder
Settler

My handle is being used in most of the posts in this thread. Even before I showed up.

I feel very special! Or I have ****ed up with your minds more than you can handle. (By giving you the truth of course)

It's amazing how easy you are
(or how many you are )
Old January 9, 2003, 16:14   #66
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:20   #67
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Besides, these are the facts and the facts are undisputed.

Take a look at the posts of Shi, Dinodoc and My little Vetty and the DL Ozz
They are all trolls.

I just "trolled" back but I used real facts which you know and pain you.

And that's why mine are not trolls, but painful truths.

And that's it.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:21   #68
The Vagabond
Prince

Local Time: 14:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
I don't get it. The topic of the thread was Greek participation in massacres in Bosnia! Kosovo wasn't even mentioned. Why is paiktis bringing up the topic of Kosovo? Maybe he doesn't have anything to say in defense of the actions of his countrymen in Bosnia?
Knowledge of what happened in Kosovo (including the aftermath of the NATO campaign) is important for our retrospective understanding of the essence of the earlier stages of the Yugoslavian conflict.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:24   #69
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Besides, these are the facts and the facts are undisputed.

Quote:
Knowledge of what happened in Kosovo (including the aftermath of the NATO campaign) is important for our retrospective understanding of the essence of the earlier stages of the Yugoslavian conflict.
What, if anything, does that have to do with justifying the aid given by Greece both in money and blood?
Old January 9, 2003, 16:27   #70
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Well, if you're right, you can't be wrong.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:29   #71
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:
Quote:
What, if anything, does that have to do with justifying the aid given by Greece both in money and blood?
Well, it simply shows that Greece was not alone in this. You've also given an aid in money and blood, e.g. to Albanian terrorists.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:31   #72
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond
You've also given an aid in money and blood, e.g. to Albanian terrorists.
You're talking to the wrong person. I was against the intervention and don't care to go down the idiotic route blazed by Zorba to justify it.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:33   #73
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Hey, I was against the intervention of the US too
Old January 9, 2003, 16:36   #74
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Besides all this means sh!t.

Greece is the president of the EU is the largest investor in most of the Balkan countries and is shaping its own policies there.

Also the EU army will take over FYROM under Greek command in a few months.

So the "shame" of Greece pointed out by one (one!) person looks a bit suspect to me.

In any acse, it won;t make one bit of difference.

People like Shi will still give terrorists a great chance to bomb the US by supporting terrorists.

I'll be drinking my ouzaki next to the sea and all is fine.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:44   #75
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Flatlander, I don't doubt the experiences you had, but the facts remain. My facts come from relatives living in Serbia. My cousin Dragy was in the army and saw a lot more than you did. I'll believe him. Not some US sponsored propaganda.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:47   #76
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Greece is the president of the EU is the largest investor in most of the Balkan countries and is shaping its own policies there.
We already know that Greeks have less moral courage than the Dutch. There is no need to broadcast it to the world so openly.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:48   #77
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
We already know that Greeks have less moral courage than the Dutch. There is no need to broadcast it to the world so openly.
Coming from a conservative American
Old January 9, 2003, 16:50   #78
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Old January 9, 2003, 16:51   #79
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
DL Ozz
Oh, I feel special too now. Are servings of facts at Chez
Ozz not to your taste? And a newbie here what the He77 does DL mean?

Too bad for me, I go by the facts and actually had to agree with some of what you posted.

Truths' Truth, ugly or not.
Old January 9, 2003, 16:52   #80
Bereta_Eder
Settler

you're a DL with NO facts except colonial propaganda.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:01   #81
Arrian
Deity

Ozz, DL = Double Login. Paiktis thinks your are actually the same poster as one of the others in this thread (DinoDoc, Me, Shi... somebody). He could even be right, who knows? But calling everyone who disagrees with him trolls and DLs speaks volumes about his position.

-Arrian

Old January 9, 2003, 17:04   #82
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

When a new person does start posting, it's surprising when they seem to know a lot about paiktis and his views. In my experience, most people with the rank of settler usually end up being DL's.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:05   #83
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

the best of the article comes here
Quote:
Around 100 soldiers are believed to have joined the Greek Volunteer Guard
how exactly do 100 men("believed" to be of that number) represent an entire country is beyond me....

even more: politicians(but not the greek goverment exactly, it is not referred in the article), the media, the church, all "fanatically" pro-serb(according to the article), and the outcome is 100 "soldiers"(=idiotic, over-patriot volunteers(or "volunteers"))? something is wrong in this equation.....

oh well, i'll just quote axi, just to give some direction back to the first issue
Quote:
The Greek "volunteers" are then no more guilty than the muslims from all over the world that went to fight with the Bosnians and the KLA. This sort of people are something between the Taliban and the French Foreign Legion: they do it for a mix of profit and doctrine, but they are not the sort of thing whole nations and governments should be liable about. I bet many american mercenaries have done that and worse, in the service of dictators in South America, Africa and Asia.

What I do not want to be overlooked is the people behind these "revelations" in Greece. A couple of journalists, a notorious neo-liberal politician, an that's that. Their attitude seems really suspect to me, since they pretty much are chastising the entire greek political scene, left through right, for "siding with a bloody dictator", just weeks before a new attack against a "bloody dictator" is going to be launched. Combine this, which is, politically speaking, a troll against the conservatinve right-wing, along with the "anti-terrorist crusade" against the left, because of the 17N persecutions and you will see that perhaps these people are following an agenda. To have everybody here (and specially the media) succumb to the western, predominantly neo-liberal and new-orderish POV, as the govt arleday has (and always will no doubt). There is already a black list of anti-american journalists published, with the support of the US embassy. Propaganga is at ful swing right now and this lobby is planing to own some media of it's own soon. We can't have people throwing rocks at the NATO vehicles, can we?
Old January 9, 2003, 17:10   #84
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

good post MarkG

In addition: I love how the Western media fails to inform its sheep that Al Qaeda has significant ties to the Albanians and ethnic Muslims in the region.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:11   #85
Bereta_Eder
Settler

In muslim Bosnia in particular.
Albania not so much.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:28   #86
Arrian
Deity

You're missing the point. I'm not defending the KLA. I'm not defending the way NATO jumped in without understanding the situation.

That's not the issue here. The issue brought up was a small group of Greek volunteers accused of helping massacre civilians. Axi responded intelligently, noting that those volunteers were in the wrong, but were not representative of a nation and furthermore were not so different than many other volunteers in other wars (I agree, so long as those other volunteers also shot up a bunch of civilians).

Again: not defending the KLA. Not defending NATO intervention (at the time I was in highschool, and wrote a research paper arguing against it).

I, for one, found Paiktis' response to a thread very similar to those he has often launched or taken part in with regard to the USA or Israel or whatever, remarkably Fez-like.

-Arrian

Old January 9, 2003, 17:31   #87
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Well there is no way you can understand the whole image of everything in the Balkans and is far too tiresome to let you know about it

BTW that must be the what, 100th time my handle is brought up?

This is immensly more funny

(and far less tiresome than trying to explain things for which you dont care anyway)
Old January 9, 2003, 17:38   #88
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
This article gives good insight into the Greeks. At first I thought such barbaric right-wing nationalism was the sole province of nutjobs like Paiktis, but it seems sentiments such of his are more widepread in Greek society. It is sad that Greeks would support murderers and war criminals simply because of ethnic and religious similarities. It seems quite obvious is Greece is not a civilized Western Nation, but a civilization with many uncivilzed Barbarians.
Take a look at this. This is the people with whom I will have a "mature" dialogue with?

These are just trolls beaten by me in the past who can't get it over it.

That's why I say care more about the plethora of the terrorists who want to blow you up than trolling Paiktis.

Let's see what ethnic similarities? There are none.

Religious onces?

One can say then that the Croatians had half of Europe in their side. And Albanians all the muslim world.

Greece "barbaric"? Coming from whom?

An irish who is spitted upon wherever he goes? Who's drunken people are so ****ed by the brits they're starting to like it ? Who's country would not even get admitted in the EU if it asked?

Really this is just a charade. Not a serious conversation.

Start posing serious questions, or serious posts and I might asnwer.

Otherwise, you're just sorry sad little trolls like Shi, who got hammerpoundend by me in the past and cant get over it but just want more.

If you want good conversation you have to start it.

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; January 9, 2003 at 17:55.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:55   #89
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
When a new person does start posting, it's surprising when they seem to know a lot about paiktis and his views. In my experience, most people with the rank of settler usually end up being DL's.
Check the Cyprus thread, Paiktis is a rather quick study. Only takes one thread.

The volunteers are not important, once outside of greece they can do as they please. Many countries
people serve in other's civil wars (ie Spain) that does
not make it their government's policy.

Money, Guns and official welcomes do whoever.

The leaking of Nato information is the worse accusation, thats a betrayal of the alliance. Greece should be expelled if proven true.

Thanks for the info, Arrian. I can't see the point of
DLing, unless your banned. Which would be prema-
banned if you were caught.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:56   #90
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Oh shut up DL

Your antihellenic ramblings are proof enough.
The allaiance has betrayed itself long before.