Old January 9, 2003, 09:09   #1
Simika
Settler

Local Time: 14:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
NO CHAT SESSION for ITALIAN...guess why?
Hi guyz..

i've only few misn before go to work..well the news is that in ITALIAN KEYBOARD(which i use since i'm italian) doesn't have " ~ " TILDE as key and if i want to make it and then CHAT i MUST make it by ASCII code (alt+126) are there any way to set up a new KEY for chat? ...

thank you for any answer

cu soon..

Simi
Old January 9, 2003, 10:42   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:03
Didn't the Fins have the same problem??? I know Firaxis were gonna 'look-in ' to that.

Best advice;

Send them a mail explaining your problem...
Old January 10, 2003, 13:02   #3
CanuckSoldier
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 07:03
Well the easiest way would be to install the US(english) keyboard support, it won't change the printing on your keys, but it will give you the tilde key if you shift-(key below the esc key), on my north american key board it's the second row from top very left key. Hopes this helps.

Cheers Jon
Old January 10, 2003, 19:33   #4
Simika
Settler

Local Time: 14:03
thank Jon...

well that might be a right HELP but i really think that FIRAXIS should find a solution to this " problem " cause in their intentions this is a game for all the CIVILIZATION in the world.. italian included I can use ASCII CODE to make TILDE, is not the problem, but i can't believe FIRAXIS didn't know about this key missing in some keyboard and anyway doesn't give a place where u can change easily key config..

Anyway see you all online at PTW
Old January 10, 2003, 19:50   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
figures
Old January 10, 2003, 20:52   #6
CanuckSoldier
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Prince

You are right of course, I don't really like the way chat was built into Civ3. I prefer the way it was in Civ2MGE, in a separate window that pops up and stays until you close it. I don't know how many messages I've missed while doing Civ management. Mind you that's not the first time a non-US keyboard had faults, when I was in germany it took me 30mins to figure out how to get the @ symbol just to send a email, I had to use some obscure 3 key combination to get it.

Maybe someday we can all standardize on the major keys important in the information age.

Cheers Jon
Old January 13, 2003, 14:41   #7
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 15:03
Actually I still have to figure out how am I supposed to buy PTW if I own the original english version while the only expansion available is in italian
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old January 13, 2003, 17:58   #8
CanuckSoldier
Prince

Well some US companies will ship you the English PTW if your willing to pay the shipping cost.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers