Rush Palace at optimum city ( E_T's & Roadcage's formula ) 13 20.00%
Rush Wall Street 10 15.38%
Rush Battefield Medicine 9 13.85%
Use as an Army 7 10.77%
Other (Please post) 4 6.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 9, 2003, 18:59   #1
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unoffical: Which options would you support for Seti?
I think I listed all options I heard of and they are self expanatory, but left Other in case any more choices come up.

Please check mark every selection which you would vote Yes if such a Bill were introduced.
Old January 9, 2003, 20:58   #2
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 10:04
Patience is a virtue. Keep him around. Secondary: Build an army.
Old January 9, 2003, 23:43   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:04
For those with short memories, "Old" Avignon is know called Los Alamos.
Old January 10, 2003, 01:30   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I wouldn't mind keeping him around. There are some wonders in the rather immediate future which would be pretty nice to rush.

That said, there are other things to do with him (army, small wonders, etc.).

Whatever we do, we should NOT rush the palace ANYWHERE - the palace should stay in Apolyton. We're so close to ending the game and any palace move will only serve to raise corruption in one area and reduce it in another ... it's going to be near pointless. This is ABOVE AND BEYOND the concern that the GL is better spent rushing wonders or creating armies AND that we should keep Apolyton our capital so near the end of the game!
Old January 10, 2003, 02:31   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Whatever we do, we should NOT rush the palace ANYWHERE - the palace should stay in Apolyton. We're so close to ending the game and any palace move will only serve to raise corruption in one area and reduce it in another ... it's going to be near pointless. This is ABOVE AND BEYOND the concern that the GL is better spent rushing wonders or creating armies AND that we should keep Apolyton our capital so near the end of the game!
Completely agreed.
Old January 10, 2003, 17:04   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 16:04
hi ,

wall street or an army for future use , ......

have a nice day
Old January 11, 2003, 09:06   #7
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Whatever we do, we should NOT rush the palace ANYWHERE - the palace should stay in Apolyton. We're so close to ending the game and any palace move will only serve to raise corruption in one area and reduce it in another ... it's going to be near pointless. This is ABOVE AND BEYOND the concern that the GL is better spent rushing wonders or creating armies AND that we should keep Apolyton our capital so near the end of the game! [/QUOTE]

At the expense of wasting (currently) half the shields of ferropolis? True a police station would help some, but we need the city to be as corruption free as possible to assist in building high-cost items such as armies and/or wonders. If the current Palace location is kept, Ferropolis will operating at 50% of its capability until a police station is built. Even then, it will always lose 25% to waste. Yes even for large jobs (like armies) we are only talking about shaving 1 turn off completion time, but that one turn, after 4 or 5 jobs, means one additional big (non-rushable) job than if the Palace had not been moved. This fact and the fact the Apolytonia would now have more cities Palace and FP centric (especially in Old France). Also Moving the Palace with lower our modified OCN value for corruption as their will be less overlap between our Palace and FP.
Old January 11, 2003, 10:35   #8
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:04
Thank you Civer Dan. Yes shields matter.

And yes Arneleos, a Palace move effectively changes WHICH cities are productive.

And that is it in a nutshell. Moving the Palace near to Ferropolis and the "Cities by the hills" of old France, makes a shield rich hill region productive at the expense of a shield poor region of jungle, coast and sea.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)