Old January 11, 2003, 11:41   #31
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
roleplay

"For what purpose does the Gentleman from Texas rise?"

"I rise to relay the results of long and difficult negotiations concerning the subject of this thread"

"The Gentleman from Texas is recognized"

"Thank you Sir. My fellow colleagues, I have mixed feelings about this course of action. On the one hand, it is clearly for the good of the game that a compromise is reached on this issue. On the otherhand I and several colleagues feel strongly that disenfranchisement is the foulest act imaginable within the Democratic framework."

"But unfortunately my fellow Senators, that is the doughnut we have on our plates this mornining. How to begin? There is no good way forward here, that is obvious. As a result of PM based negotiations it became clear that the administration had a problem not with the intent of my originally proposed compromise, but rather with a 'how to' problem."

"Mr President (protem), the chamber is not in order"

-Gavel sounds-

"The Gentleman from Texas is correct, the chamber is not in order. Will those members in the isle please take their seats or adjourn to the cloakroom so that the Gentleman from Texas can be heard".

-Gavel sounds-

"The Gentleman from Texas may proceed"

"I thank the President (protem)"

"So I went to chat in our normal chat room with my colleague from Texas to find out just what was the problem. We worked out what I think all will recognize as an elegant solution for future conflicts, but not suitable for todays issue due to timing. I will not go into it here because it will draw our focus away from the doughnut of the day and I am well aware how strongly many of us feel about doughtuts."

"Another sojurn to our chat room this time with our Right Honorable SMC, the Gentleman from Florida. And this is when the doughnut first appeared. Let me paraphrase the great wordsmith honored by the wonder enabled by Free Artistry.

"The fault dear Brutus lies not in ourselves, but with our G0dZ"

"And that is the problem. My original compromise requires someone with the appropriate spellZ to view the Polling records on short order. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any way to accomplish this within the one day left to us. The Tied election in the recent past took 5 days of constant praying upon the part of the whole community to get the G0dZ attention."

"So it appears that the absentee voting capability offered by the Administration is the best that we can do to minimise but not eliminate disenfranchisement."

"And so, I hereby waive my right to object to the Senate chat and encourage my collegues to do the same:

"I do this for the good of the game"

/roleplay

Ssgt roadcage (retired)

Last edited by roadcage; January 11, 2003 at 11:47.
Old January 11, 2003, 11:53   #32
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:06
Unfortunately due to rl I can't attend.
Aggie
Old January 11, 2003, 11:56   #33
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:06
In response to roadcage...

This Senator declares: "Hear! Hear!"
Old January 11, 2003, 12:26   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Some of use are already at the ChatRoom. If you want to join us, please come.

If you cannot get onto IRC, then please PM your Vote to either a Justice (I suggest Togas) or myself, as I'll be online and I just made sure that my PM box is empty.

E_T
Old January 11, 2003, 12:34   #35
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

The Questions to the Senate for the Meeting?
The question to the Senate for the Meeting is basically, do you wish the game to get moving (yea, nay or abstain)?

with that in mind the options will be:

1) use Seti for a Palace Move (optimal location, to be determend)

2) Use Seti to build an Army (the army doesn't have to be fulled yet, that can come later)

3) Use Seti to build one of the Small Wonders that are currently Available to us

4) Absatin from the vote, but voting to make up the quorum..

[EDIT] You will post your vote via Private Channel to me or a justice, if they attend. Please do not place you vote in the public room, unless you wish to, but only after the private channel vote is completed.

E_T

Last edited by E_T; January 11, 2003 at 12:39.
Old January 11, 2003, 14:58   #36
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:06
I guess we met quorum eh?
Old January 11, 2003, 15:24   #37
E_T
Emperor

Of senators, sofar, yes. but teh more the merrier.

We are having Fish wars while we wait ...

E_T
Old January 11, 2003, 15:48   #38
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Yes the slapping continus.
Old January 11, 2003, 17:55   #39
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 16:06
hi ,

where are the results

have a nice day
Old January 11, 2003, 17:58   #40
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

where are the results

have a nice day
See the "Senate is meeting now" thread.