*Created a Dive Bomber unit for the Americans
*SBD Dauntless until March 1943 and the SB2C Helldiver in April 1943
*Panzer II not available until November 1945 instead of April 1945
*Panzer IV now available all the way until October 1945
*Only bombers and fighters can now attack air units
*Red Army costs 10 shields

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 1 v09.zip (92.4 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Pap1723; January 10, 2003 at 12:44.
Old January 10, 2003, 12:45   #2
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 08:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Part 2
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 2 v09.zip (267.2 KB, 51 views)
Old January 10, 2003, 12:46   #3
Pap1723
Prince

Part 3
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 3 v09.zip (150.9 KB, 48 views)
Old January 10, 2003, 12:47   #4
Pap1723
Prince

Part 4
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 4 v09.zip (237.4 KB, 49 views)
Old January 10, 2003, 12:48   #5
Pap1723
Prince

Part 5
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 5 v09.zip (341.7 KB, 47 views)
Old January 10, 2003, 12:49   #6
Pap1723
Prince

Part 6
Attached Files:
File Type: zip part 6 v09.zip (275.3 KB, 47 views)
Old January 10, 2003, 15:32   #7
tarpoon
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:07
Quote:
*Panzer II not available until November 1945 instead of April 1945
How is that? The Panzer II was not built after 1942 and I doubt that any Panzer II were used in combat in 1945.
Old January 10, 2003, 16:36   #8
DarthVeda
Emperor

Local Time: 10:07
He means Panther II, I think
Old January 10, 2003, 17:14   #9
DarthVeda
Emperor

Here take this val... you need it
Attached Images:

Old January 10, 2003, 19:59   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthVeda
He means Panther II, I think
Yep Im pretty sure that is what he meant, Pap was in a BIG hurry today.

He and I are doing a 1 vs 1 in the PBEM forum we will let you know how it turns out.
Old January 10, 2003, 20:01   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

And Pap could you let us know which Bombers can now see subs? Thanks!
Old January 11, 2003, 14:30   #12
Pap1723
Prince

Yes, I meant the Panther II, sorry guys.

Darth, thanks for the Val, it looks great. You will get all the credit you deserve when I put out the release version with the Readme, I don't ever want to take other people's work without giving them credit.

Bombers that can see subs:
Generic Bomber
GERMANY
Junkers Ju-88
He-177 Bomber
JAPAN
G4M Betty Bomber
Ki-67 Hiryu
G5N Shinzan (I think, I'm not by the scenario right now, it is the last bomber in the Japanese line)
AMERICA
B-25 Mitchell (all variants)
B-24 Liberator (all variants)
BRITAIN
Vickers Wellington
Avro Lancaster

That's about it guys!

Pap
Old January 11, 2003, 14:41   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Pap I also found a problem with the SBD Dauntlass, it would not fly over water! (Dam fly boys!)

I changed one of the values in rules.txt, can't remember whicih one right now, but used the Aichi as a model other than the attack, defense, movement values of course.

After I got it to move over water it severly damaged but would not sink a Jap Cruiser? Maybe the values for attack are too low? But we can talk about that when you get back. Usa has to live with this dive bomber till 1943!

Thats just a simple rules.txt chamge and we can discuss when you are back at your machine.

Ill still post tonight
Old January 11, 2003, 17:36   #14
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I wouldn't let a single axis bomber spot subs, they were not good at ASW.
Old January 11, 2003, 17:50   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 62
I wouldn't let a single axis bomber spot subs, they were not good at ASW.
I agree but we also have to look at play balance, or else we have a scenario where one side always wins. Maybe we can limit the planes the axis has, Ill talk to Pap.
Old January 12, 2003, 11:50   #16
tarpoon
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:07
Maybe you could remove the ability of seeing Subs from all early german bombers and insert the Ju-290 as submarine spotter later in the war?
Old January 12, 2003, 16:07   #17
Pap1723
Prince

Tarpoon, there just isn't any room in the unit slots anymore. Should I dissallow all German bombers from seeing subs, thus forcing them to get the generic Bomber to spot subs?

It just seems like it will put the Germans at a severe disadvantage.

Pap
Old January 13, 2003, 00:04   #18
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 09:07
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

I agree but we also have to look at play balance, or else we have a scenario where one side always wins.
Well I doubt this would tip the scales either way since the Allies will rarely use subs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pap1723
Tarpoon, there just isn't any room in the unit slots anymore. Should I dissallow all German bombers from seeing subs, thus forcing them to get the generic Bomber to spot subs?
Then I'd remove it from the Generic Bomber too. So the Axis and the Neutrals wouldn't be as effective against subs, so what? If anything that'd be more realistic.
Old January 13, 2003, 03:07   #19
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 16:07
don´t forget that one HUGE reason for the us victory over japan were the us submarines in the pacific theatre. high japanese navy officers said after the war to us officers that the usn subs were THE factor that forced japan mainly to defeat.
Old January 18, 2003, 15:23   #20
Cifer Almasy
Prince

Local Time: 14:07
Hi folks!
im new here coming from the german "civilisation webring forum" ... i really have to say, you must have spent a lot of time on your gigamap project and it really looks fantastic.

But if i try to use the batch file and choose option no.1 it does not work... ?

And pleace dont mind my English...
Old January 21, 2003, 23:25   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Actually when you start the game you are already at option 1 .

In order to change at the seasons you have to bring up your siv and have the first unit blinking but do not move anything.

Save that turn as 2194Days.net or.sav or .hot

Then run the batch file and select the correct season.

Then load the 2194Days.net or .sav or .hot file and play on.

I believe rules1.txt is in case you have to go back and play before April of 1942. then at least you have and option to run the batch file and make the scenario do the right things.

Does that answer your question?
Old January 22, 2003, 11:43   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

BTW Rules.txt needs a change. The new SBD Dauntless was inadvertently added as a land unit.

Hopefully Pap will get his hard drive back soon and be able to do it or else Ill try to get un-lazy and do it for him and post it here.
Old January 23, 2003, 08:06   #23
Cifer Almasy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Actually when you start the game you are already at option 1 .
[...]
Does that answer your question?
Thanks a lot! I just did not know that otion no.1 is already chosen if youre starting!
I played some scens with batch files before but here i always had to choose option 1 before starting...
Old January 26, 2003, 00:52   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

RULES.TXT CHANGE!!!!!!!
Pap's hardrive is down hard till around the end of February. Im helping him out a little bit. One bug we discovered was the American Dive Bomber (new unit for version 0.9) was accidently added as a LAND unit. Corrections to these 9-rules.txt files fixes that problem. Just copy these rules.txt's over your old rules in the scenario folder.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip rules.txt for ver 0.9 giga.zip (84.7 KB, 11 views)
Old January 28, 2003, 18:02   #25
Michael Daumen
Prince

Local Time: 09:07
Terrain
Would you consider taking a closer look at the terrain choices you've made? At the very least, switch fertile terrain and rice paddies and put the former around the world. And it appears that anti-tank terrain is distributed randomly around the map. Is there any reason (other than the obvious, it would take forever) that none of the cities are on defended terrain? Why not switch tundra and rice paddies to make the former look more polar and not out of place in the map edges? And water for a special resource?
Old January 29, 2003, 07:01   #26
Cifer Almasy
Prince

just a little question:

dont you want to use the original city names of every countrys language?
Like Praha in Czech
and Nürnberg in German
and Oslo with the little o above the O (my keyboard is not able to do that I guess, but we have scandinavian users here)

that would be some more original, imho
Old February 4, 2003, 21:00   #27
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

For me the batch file works when I tell it to load up number 5 I believe but then when I load up the game it says "An error was encoutered in the evetns file". It also does this for #6 as I tried to simply bypass 5 to see if that would work. It did not and I was doing so well....
Old February 4, 2003, 22:57   #28
Pap1723
Prince

Damnit!
I changed a lot of the German tanks and what they upgrade into towards the end of the war, and I think that I must have forgotten to edit the correct entries.

I'll work on that.

Pap