Old January 18, 2003, 11:50   #61
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by tanelorn
I am not goig to relinquish my claim on Iran that easily. Geo-strategically it's next to my heartland, my backyard. Nor are you going to gain access to the Indian ocean from turn one, Emugod. Keep out of Iran, and we'll be friendly to eachother. Advance, and I'll turn to NATO and USA.
Historically, the USSR occupied northern Iran, including Tehran during WWII. The rest was under British protectorate, the Iranians got British weapons not to join the Axis. Post WWII both withdrew, in favor of Rezza Pahlavi, who became the Shah- Western oil interests persisted longer. Iran was pro- western till Khomeini's revolution, 1979-80.
If you push into Iran, you 'll damage our relations severely. Don't.
Go do what you wish in Afganistan, Pakistani ties were established only after the Soviets withdrew, and SEATO had already dissolved. SEATO's claims are pure fiction, and he cannot pursue them, realistically, in this game. I am the power in the middle east, face it.
And who do you think you are to tell the USSR what to do? We can crush you easily. Do not attempt to threaten us, or you will surely regret it. Any Arab interference in the Soivet-Iranian cinflict will be considered an act of war by the Arab League against the USSR. We have been willing to negotiate but this is the last straw! The Arab LEegue will not interfere or it shall suffer the consquences. Soviet forces are prepared to use the full extent of our might and as aresult, we are setting all forces in the area to high alert. Our nuclear weapons are set to blow Mecca and Medina away in a nculear fireball. The choice is yours, do not be foolish.
Old January 18, 2003, 19:59   #62
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 09:09
Please, please, gentlemen! Are we not men of reason and of logic? If we can not come to a free and friendly decision on our own, I propose we call upon a special council of the UN. Russia, the Arab League, and SEATO will all have the chance to explain their case for (and against) the annexations of Iran and Afghanistan. We will call for a vote in two separate resolutions, whether Iran goes to the Soviet Union or Arab League or even remains independent, and whether SEATO may peaceably add Afghanistan to its list of member nations. A nuclear holocaust will be just as terrible for the Soviet people as it will be for the target Arabs. Global warming and widespread death and destruction will leave no winners.
Old January 18, 2003, 20:20   #63
EmuGod
Prince

We agree, but the Arabs do not seem to understand anything but force. We have tried to be diplomatic by offering SEATO a share and we have helped the Arabs in the past by giving them technology and now they spit in our faces after all we have done for them. The USSR is perfectly willing to negotiate an agreement but the Arabs as usual want the whole pie with all the icing on top that they can get. Unless they are willing to retract these absurd claims to Iran and sit down and negotiate some sort of lasting agreement with the USSR, we will not back down. Soviet forces are fully prepared for an all out war with the Arab League, though we do not wish to fight our friends.
Old January 19, 2003, 00:00   #64
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Yes, I do not doubt the readiness or the resolve of the Soviet Armed Forces, but I request that, whatever the military losses be of any war, they not result in any radioactive oil fields. Of course, we respect the claims of the Soviet Union, however, remember that oil is vitally important to the entire world economy. We stand by SEATO's agreement with the USSR to peaceably partition Iran and Afghanistan, and call upon the Arab League to drop their preposterous claims.
Old January 19, 2003, 06:27   #65
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 16:09
BUMP to get this game started!!!!! EmuGod
Old January 19, 2003, 06:30   #66
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

S T A R T T H E G A M E ! ! ! ! !

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old January 19, 2003, 10:29   #67
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Come on! Release us from our suffering.
Old January 19, 2003, 10:55   #68
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Please......

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old January 19, 2003, 16:11   #69
EmuGod
Prince

USSR Turn 1
I was simply waiting for the negotiations to finish before I posted the turn, but I guess I'll post it now. Anyway, onto turn 1.

Soviet-Iranian war begins with immense Iranian losses. The USSR has occupied Teheran, the capital of the Shash's corrupt regime in Iran. As Soviet forces marched into Iran with POWs, civilians in crowds spit on the POWs and even attacked some. The citizens of Iran are happy that the Shah has been removed from power. Shiraz remains untouched, but that will all change soon enough. Arab League forces were not attack nor touched during the air raids and land attacks against Teheran and will not be attacked unless the Arab League attacks Soviet forces. Any attacks against Soviet forces or the bringing of any Arab League units into Soviet or Iranian territory will be seen as provokation and as an act of war against the Soviet Union by the Arab League. You have been warned.

The USSR kindly requests that NATO withdraw its forces from the airbase northeast of Berlin and withdraw her infantry east of Berlin. These areas clearly belong to East Germany, a member of hte Warsaw Pact and should be returned to their rightful owner.

Other than that, nothing else to report. The Soviet economy is prospering
Attached Files:
File Type: zip soviet1964dec.zip (78.8 KB, 5 views)
Old January 20, 2003, 09:49   #70
FiGu
Prince

No Attacks were made by USA in Vietnam.
Usa to China : withdraw your troops from Hue and then when i got the City we can make peace.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1964dec.zip (76.5 KB, 2 views)
Old January 20, 2003, 15:59   #71
jim panse
King

nothing special happened. el awrence: bari and naples are on the wrong place. consider some maps.

nato withdrew the two units requested by the ussr. we will also remind the soviet union that you and me both stand on THE one line from which we will not retreat only ONE step further. nato also requests the complete and immediate retreat of all soviet troops from iran.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nato_1_dec1964.zip (72.9 KB, 3 views)
Old January 20, 2003, 19:44   #72
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Just to check, we don't have a player for the non-Alligned nations, right?
Old January 20, 2003, 20:00   #73
tanelorn
Prince

Re: USSR Turn 1
Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod

Soviet-Iranian war begins with immense Iranian losses. The USSR has occupied Teheran, the capital of the Shash's corrupt regime in Iran.
Shiraz remains untouched, but that will all change soon enough. Arab League forces were not attack nor touched during the air raids and land attacks against Teheran and will not be attacked unless the Arab League attacks Soviet forces. Any attacks against Soviet forces
or the bringing of any Arab League units into Soviet or Iranian territory will be seen as provokation and as an act of war against the Soviet Union by the Arab League. You have been warned.
Great, you managed to alienate your one and only traditional ally from turn 1, comrade. I understand that Tehran with its rich oilfields is the only real issue here. You couldn't even reach Shiraz. It will be mine next turn. I have to remind you that I have the majority of oil-deposits in this game (check the map) and I am in fundamentalism. Time is on my side. Consider yourself embargoed, till you withdraw from Iran.
Ok I will not attack you if your red army feels so vulnerable, but lets see what happens if you try to push me out of Iran...

It looks like a premature Afganistan conflict. Want me to remind you who won that one?

NATO, thanks for your support, feel free to trade with my oil-rich cities for maximum payoff in cash and beakers.
Anyone else wants the USSR out of the middle-east oilfields?
Old January 20, 2003, 20:20   #74
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 15:09
This is a call to all communists! Unite!
Under the pressure of the international community, China has started preparing the evacuation of Hue. The process has been considerably slowed by the many US warships in the area and will take at least another month.
President Mao is also considerably annoyed by the Nato troops left literally on the ancient city walls of Canton! The fortified area should be unfortified and become a DMZ.

Vietcong and NVA leave the combat zones around Hue.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mao_1964_dec.zip (80.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Ceteram; January 20, 2003 at 20:32.
Old January 20, 2003, 21:41   #75
EmuGod
Prince

Re: Re: USSR Turn 1
Quote:
Originally posted by tanelorn

Great, you managed to alienate your one and only traditional ally from turn 1, comrade. I understand that Tehran with its rich oilfields is the only real issue here. You couldn't even reach Shiraz. It will be mine next turn. I have to remind you that I have the majority of oil-deposits in this game (check the map) and I am in fundamentalism. Time is on my side. Consider yourself embargoed, till you withdraw from Iran.
Ok I will not attack you if your red army feels so vulnerable, but lets see what happens if you try to push me out of Iran...

It looks like a premature Afganistan conflict. Want me to remind you who won that one?

NATO, thanks for your support, feel free to trade with my oil-rich cities for maximum payoff in cash and beakers.
Anyone else wants the USSR out of the middle-east oilfields?
Then cosndier yourself embargoed as well! Do not forgetwho has bneen your very generous weapon supplier for years! If you want to fight Israel, you will have to do it yourself, with your own military but let me assure you this, the Israelis have demonstrated their military ability in 1956 with aptitude in tanks. Do not epxect to be able to defeat them without any external aid.
Old January 20, 2003, 22:18   #76
Iron Chancellor
Prince

SEATO Dec 1964
Australian PM Robert Chancellor of SEATO today mentioned that negotiations with Afghanistan were continuing, and that he hoped it would join by Jan 1965.

In other news, SEATO declared it would act to protect the Polynesian/Micronesian states of Noumea and Apia by offering them member-status under Ch XVI article iii, where smaller powers may become "protected states" of the alliance, where there defense against foreign aggression is handled by SEATO (ANZAC) regiments.

Finally, he noted that from January 30-February 2 he would be at a United Nations council, making speeches before the Special Political and Decolonization Committee. (Consider this a notice of absence. Would you rather I hand the reins of power temporarily to someone else, ingame or not, or pause the game?)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip seato1964dec.zip (82.0 KB, 2 views)
Old January 20, 2003, 22:24   #77
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Elsewhere in his statement, he again viewed the clash between the USSR and the Arab League "with great displeasure," though he mentioned that "Numerous SEATO nations, such as Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia, while somewhat less accessible than the Middle-East, are rich with oil, and, as SEATO, in Resolution 216, has outlawed OPEC from operating in any member nations, the prices are quite a steal. Plus, they are on there own islands (read: Continent bonus)! So come down for friendly places, friendly faces, and friendly gas station attendants."
Old January 21, 2003, 15:58   #78
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Jim Panse:
Quote:
el awrence: bari and naples are on the wrong place. consider some maps.
My name is "Academia", not el awrence
Thanx for your comments, i´ll take that into account.

So far, what do you think of the scenario?
Please, post here (or send me a PM) your ideas, comments, critics? I need your feeback in order to improve the game
Old January 21, 2003, 16:07   #79
EmuGod
Prince

The USSR deplores the American attempt to take Hue in Vietnam. The United Nations clearly partitioned French Indo-china into Cambodia, Laos, North and south Vietnam, with clear borders for all. This taking of Hue is an attempt to eliminate the North Vietnamese legitimate government by slowly bringing its population under South Vietnamese control. the poeple of Hue, like other in North Vietnam, have chosen their government, unlike Diem's leadership in South Vietnam and disrupting this by taking over Hue undermines the very belief of democracy.
Old January 21, 2003, 16:55   #80
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Hue is below the 17th parallel, the location of the DMZ and thus within the borders of South Vietnam. In fact, Academia, Hue didn't fall to the VC/N. Vietnamese until the 1968 Tet offensive, and even then it was only held for 25 days. The city then remained in S. Vietnamese hands until (whips out encarta) March 25, 1975, when it was recaptured and everything went to hell.
Old January 21, 2003, 17:42   #81
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
Hue is below the 17th parallel, the location of the DMZ and thus within the borders of South Vietnam. In fact, Academia, Hue didn't fall to the VC/N. Vietnamese until the 1968 Tet offensive, and even then it was only held for 25 days. The city then remained in S. Vietnamese hands until (whips out encarta) March 25, 1975, when it was recaptured and everything went to hell.
Thanx for the info. Really interesting comments...
I´ll have to change the "owner" of Hue.
Ideas?
USA should have it? Non-Alligned, Rebel States?
Old January 21, 2003, 21:39   #82
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Well, if you want the US presence in S. VN to be "US Observers," then give Hue to the Rebels, but if the Chinese conquer it, the US will declare war on them via events. If you give it to the Non-Alligned states, the Chinese/VC will never be able to take it without going to war with India, which had absolutely nothing to do with VN.
If you want the US to represent the Government of VN, as you have done in Korea and Japan, give it to the US.
Old January 21, 2003, 21:41   #83
EmuGod
Prince

Just re-name it to the Norht Vietnamese city of Da Nang.
Old January 22, 2003, 10:30   #84
FiGu
Prince

Quote:
The USSR deplores the American attempt to take Hue in Vietnam.
We have talked with China and he agreed about giving Hue to me.

Old January 22, 2003, 16:14   #85
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

America gets Hue!
Old January 22, 2003, 17:56   #86
EmuGod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
Just re-name it to the Norht Vietnamese city of Da Nang.
Oops, I meant the North Vietnamese city of Dong Hoi.
Old January 24, 2003, 07:37   #87
jim panse
King

NATO Supreme Command Notification:

(1) NATO will support ANY conventional act of retaliation or war of our allies and friends all around the globe;
(2) NATO will support ANY nuclear retaliation against ANY of our Allies and/or Friends all around the globe;
(3) NATO will NOT participate in ANY kind of nuclear pre-emptive strike against ANY all around the globe.

NATO asks the USSR to retreat from Tehran and Northern Iran immediately and unconditioned. NATO also informs the UN Security Council Members USSR, USA, SEATO and CHINA that we want a dicussion in the UN Security Council to dicuss the Soviet aggression in Iran.
Old January 24, 2003, 09:38   #88
FiGu
Prince

The United States of America agrees with Nato.
We want that Soviet troops in Iran retreat to the Soviet Union immediately!
We are ready discuss this matter in the UN Security Council.

Tanelorn your PM box is full.. and its your turn.

USA to China : Sorry about thoose Warships. I'll withdraw them on my turn.

Last edited by FiGu; January 24, 2003 at 10:33.
Old January 24, 2003, 10:04   #89
EmuGod
Prince

And if I refuse, what will you do about it? I offered a deal and SEATO accepted it. Do you really want a war over this?
Old January 24, 2003, 10:24   #90
Iron Chancellor
Prince

SEATO did indeed accept the deal, but only because it was felt that the USA and NATO did not care about anyone in the Middle-East. Therefore, we shall only listen at the UN meeting. However, we will support any resolution passed by the UN to indicate our support for democracy and the free market. We feel vindicated in our actions as Afghanistan is not yet in our alliance; a peace envoy was dispatched, but his railroad car was ambushed by Tajik tribesmen and he has thus suffered a temporary delay.

Keep us updated as to any and all resolutions, and we apologize for the crisis of morals that prevents us from taking immediate action.