Local Date: November 1, 2010
BUMP BUMP BUMP
Old February 14, 2003, 02:18   #152
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 15:09
Emugod, my dear comrade, have you lost the keys to the Kremlin?
Old February 14, 2003, 04:58   #153
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 16:09
maybe NATO´s SIS has stolen the keys ......... *smile*
Old February 14, 2003, 11:37   #154
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

please EmuGod....play your turn

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old February 14, 2003, 16:52   #155
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

As Iron Chancellor said before... Release us from our suffering.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old February 14, 2003, 17:31   #156
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
I'm so sorry! I've had a hectic week and it's caused me to delay this game. I'm so very sorry for the long wait! Not to forget that I confused this game with my other Iron Curtain game at CFC, but here it is!

The USSR has witnessed air raids by non-Aligned forces against the island of Haiti. A civil war has also broken out in Columbia. The USSR suggests peace keeping action in these areas and we suggest that the USA and USSR both divide up Haiti and Columbia as areas to peace keep and stop the brewing wars.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip sovietunion1965june.zip (83.5 KB, 2 views)
Old February 14, 2003, 17:57   #157
FiGu
Prince

We agree with the Soviets about Haiti and Columbia and we are ready to send peacekeepers to both countries when the UN Security Council has accepted that.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1965june.zip (80.4 KB, 2 views)
Old February 15, 2003, 04:48   #158
jim panse
King

NATo strongly disagrees with the soviet proposal to establish another foothold on american soil.

i´ll post my turn later this day or tmorrow morning (middle european time). sorry for this delay, i will be faster than EmuGod :-)
Old February 15, 2003, 06:40   #159
FiGu
Prince

USA Changes its mind. We agree with NATO

Old February 16, 2003, 05:52   #160
jim panse
King

NATO turn III: NATO chairman Manlio Brosio is highly delighted that the US will support our course concerning the carribean crisis. Remember the Cuban Missile Crisis! We will not step back.

NATO also demands the immediate retreat of the soviet army corps east of Munich to increase stability along the Iron Curtain.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nato_3_june1965.zip (76.3 KB, 2 views)
Old February 16, 2003, 07:29   #161
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Chinese turn
The chinese government is proud to announce that vietnamese nationals only occupy borderguard duties for North Vietnam.
Nevertheless, the recent SEATO incursion onto Hainan Island and the occupation of the chinese military airport has stirred great sentiments in China. Barely could the government hold back the army...
To Seato:
Withdraw immediately from Hainan Island. If this demand is not complied with within 1 (one) month, chinese forces will occupy seato airports in your major cities!

It's always spring in the commune.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mao_jun_1965.zip (84.0 KB, 2 views)
Old February 16, 2003, 09:07   #162
EmuGod
Prince

Finally, we see the USA and NATO's true colours! THey do not care for the oppressed people's of the world, but rather only for their own corrupt political gains. You will not allow us or even help us to aid those in need? You are a disgrace to what you claim to be, "protectors of the world".

The USSR also requests that SEATO comply with China's orders. This attack against China herself was unprovoked and could de-stabilize South East Asia further, even permanently.
Old February 16, 2003, 10:30   #163
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 09:09
THE SYDENY POST
PM Robert Chanceller is extremely irritated by the Chinese ultimatum, and asks how China can argue for SEATO withdrawal when they have not even fulfilled their required withdrawal from Vietnam themselves.

SEATO will withdraw when it will withdraw, and China must not be a bully about it.
Old February 16, 2003, 10:45   #164
Iron Chancellor
Prince

Intelligence flybys
Intelligence and reconnaissance have revealed the following image:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	recon flight.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	37120  
Old February 16, 2003, 14:59   #165
jim panse
King

NATO HQ Transmission: NATO will support any kind of defensive war if our friends and allies in South East Asian (SEATO) are forced to take up the weapons. This is not an ultimatum but a memorandum.

We strongly disagree with China´s military threats and NATO wants to make a clear statement: We will take action against any kind of offensive warfare. We haven´t fought WW2 and hung up the remnants of the 3rd Reichs elite in Nuremberg condemning any kind of Attack War to be caught up less than 20 years later with the same mess.

NATO don´t want to fight another World War but if the Militants in the Chinese Communist Party want to fight another Global War, just be advised that the Free World will strike back and we will do the same thing again like 1939-45.
Old February 16, 2003, 15:27   #166
EmuGod
Prince

SEATO has clearly shown SEATO transports and marines on the Hainan airbase, part of Mainland China. This is a direct violation of Chinese land space! The USSR will back its Chinese allies in any more incursions into anymore territory. This is not a defensive retaliation, this is a clear landing of SEATO's forces in Chinese territory. SEATO has no reason to be there, was never invited in, and must leave immediately.
Old February 17, 2003, 10:54   #167
Iron Chancellor
Prince

The Sydey Times
Robert Chancellor stated today that "We shall not withdraw from the island known to the Chinese as Hainan. It was unoccupied, and clearly falls outside the Chinese area of influence. However, the landing of a Chinese missile in the Celebes, directly adjacent to a Marine fortification, is inexecusable and must be withdrawn. We shall defend our interests, and our forces, with every ounce of strength we posses. We shall not withdraw."

In other news, Australia was proud to announce the first successful Space Walk, completed in Sydney this past month.
"This shows what we are capable of accomplishing when we set our minds to something not just peaceful, but actually beneficial to mankind."

Chinese forces must withdraw from Hue, and indeed away from the sovereign nations of Burma and Thailand.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip seato1965june.zip (84.3 KB, 3 views)
Old February 17, 2003, 19:48   #168
tanelorn
Prince

The Arab league would like to comment that,indeed, Hainan island is part of Chinese sovereign territory, and sees no other way out of the crisis than a SEATO withdrawal, sooner or later.

The citizens of Addis Abbeba welcomed the Arab league peace-keeping force. This is a happy end to their conflict with the Somalis. Tripoli warns the Senegalese to keep out of Chad, or Libya will join Morocco in a Jihad to reclaim muslim land!

What SEATO calls "inteligence" is illegal in any game. So my turn will be passworded from now on.

As far as Vietnam goes, I don't see the US complaining. Hasn't it occured to you that the US-Chinese arrangement might be different from that which went public? I know that an open US-Chinese alliance is forbidden by house rules, but China's immediate sphere of expansion might lie elsewhere... Consider this to be just an impartial comment.

As to the Carribean crisis, read my post a few pages back. I had seen this coming, he who controls the natural resources in the area can build a powerbase really fast. So I wouldn't be suprised if the area was unexpectedly stormed by those involved...

If such a need arrises, I will send my password to the thread-starter (Jim Panse). I advise all others to do the same.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip arabs1965june.zip (84.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by tanelorn; February 17, 2003 at 19:58.
Old February 17, 2003, 20:33   #169
Iron Chancellor
Prince

What??? I can't take a screen shot of MY TURN, using information gained by MY UNITS???
Look again and see MY F-5, MY Helicopter, MY Marines, MY Transport.
Quite frankly, I am offended.
Don't accuse me of cheating; my morals are above that, and yours should be above making uniformed and slanderous statements.
Old February 17, 2003, 22:52   #170
Prometheus
Warlord

Local Time: 08:09
After reviewing the save, there is no evidence of cheating that I can find. (Unless there was some house rule against posting pictures)

All units in the picture can be seen as visible by units.

Unless you can offer proof of cheating I suggest you think twice next time before jumping the gun.

Last edited by Prometheus; February 17, 2003 at 23:02.
Old February 20, 2003, 12:01   #171
jim panse
King

NATO asks its Ally and Friend SEATO to step back, and we ask the People´s Republic of China to step back.
The last thing the world can use is a 3rd World War. We hope that all the other major powers join this peace-keeping effort to avoid a war.
Old February 20, 2003, 12:30   #172
FiGu
Prince

USA agrees with Nato.

And Bump Emugod 2 days now!!

Old February 21, 2003, 06:47   #173
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Chinese message dispatched to SEATO:
Mao, our beloved chairman, wishes to know if you are really serious in risking open war in all of Asia over a tiny island that is chinese, barely more than an hours flight away from our mainland?
Do you actually realise that chinese interests can not back down and will go all the way, in order not to create a précédent, showing that all chinese territory that is not occupied by a unit is for anybody to claim?
Now back down, spank your hot-headed generals and free up Hainan in your next turn; otherwise China will have to liberate it's territory by force.
Old February 21, 2003, 08:45   #174
jim panse
King

yeah, BUMP EmuGod
Old February 21, 2003, 19:34   #175
EmuGod
Prince

No reports have come from the USSR, but in Latin America war continues to rage on. Non-aligned aircraft have attacked El Salvador and Honduras while rebel forces approach Bogota, Colubmia;s capital. These cities are being destroyed as their populations suffer aerial attacks that are killing them. The aircraft attacking Haiti appear to have ceased their attack but the USSR believes this is temporary until they re-fuel. With the cold-hearted west ready to veto any peacekeeping missions, the USSR simply watches these brutal conflicts unfold.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip sovietunion1965sept.zip (84.4 KB, 2 views)
Old February 22, 2003, 04:22   #176
FiGu
Prince

We will maybe send a peacekeeping force in this Columbian conflict. The War Ministery is just afraid that Soviets want more bases in Latin America and so on.
We dont want that the Soviets makes an new Communist Goverment in Columbia. If this wont happen we will maybe take this veto back.
USA to China : werent you supposed to give Hue to me? i thought we had an Agreement!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1965sept.zip (81.1 KB, 2 views)
Old February 22, 2003, 11:28   #177
EmuGod
Prince

How about we paritition the peacekeeping agreement between us? The USSR will help Haiti and Nicaragua (Managua) while the US can help El Salvador and destroy the Columbian rebels. This would ensure a balance in the peacekeeping operation and would make sure that there would be no shift in the balance of power in the area. Most importantly, it would help the people's of the area from the devastation.
Old February 22, 2003, 13:51   #178
jim panse
King

NATO repeats that we are against any further expansion of communism in the Americas. This is not acceptable.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip nato_4_sept1965.zip (77.1 KB, 2 views)
Old February 24, 2003, 18:31   #179
tanelorn
Prince

It is only a bumpy road to greatness...
Old February 27, 2003, 07:13   #180
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Chinese turn:
Events in South-East Asia turn sour as SEATO refuse to withdraw the light military personnel from chinese soil:
A chinese taskforce including all military branches has liberated Hainan in a daring dawn raid, expecting fierce resistance. By H+6, half 50% of the island was liberated without a shot being fired, the airport garrison and flying personnel surrendered all!
Then a chinese frigate ran onto a mine and sunk in a matter of minutes. This minor event awakened the SEATO defenders and one marine unit had to be reduced in savage hand-to-hand combat.

The surviving SEATO occupation force has been transfered into a POW camp in Mongolia.

But the better part of North Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand risk being engulfed in another war as the borders become frontlines. Already North Vietnamese and Thai pilotes have measued their skills when patrols met, resulting in minor losses to both sides.

It cannot be argued that many asian communists feel that this conflict has reached a point where the original situation has been more or less restored and that losses on both sides are fairly balanced and small.

China thus proposes to settle this dangerous matter with pens and not weapons.

To US:
The Vietnamese people have voted for a continued close-cooperation with the People's Republic, as you can read in one of my previous posts: Fighting between NVA and US has now stopped for months and months, which let to a different peace process than was originally calculated...
also one of our research u-boats is stuck in the strait between Honshu and Kyushu, please let it return to its motherland!

Most important is the ideological preparation.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mao_sep_1965.zip (84.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Ceteram; February 27, 2003 at 07:24.