Old September 27, 2003, 01:46   #301
mongoose201
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 14:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by astrologix
Hi, Beta, have you forgotten my 'application' ?

Please, read this :

"
Hiya Crousto,

I was sorry to hear of your demise in the ISDG. I would like to thank Grenouille for their participation and it was good getting to know you guys to the extent that I did. You fought your war valiantly, and you have earned my respect in that you didn't try to quit where others did. I hope that some of your citizens, including yourself, would consider joining another team to continue to enjoy the Dgame from a different perspective...

Regards,

mongoose201
"

A poll is in progress now at 1bc..the results of which will determine just how quickly you can join... no matter the result of the poll, I don't think you will have long to wait, if at all, at the conclusion of the poll.

Old September 27, 2003, 07:41   #302
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
So other team members are allowed to join new teams but not members of CDG?

I sorta thought this would happen.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 27, 2003 at 08:07.
Old September 27, 2003, 08:30   #303
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
So other team members are allowed to join new teams but not members of CDG?

I sorta thought this would happen.
Actually, the vote taking place concerns people from ANY vanquished team joining new teams.
Old September 27, 2003, 08:56   #304
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

That would be nice.
Old October 5, 2003, 23:58   #305
mongoose201
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Quote:
Refugees from destroyed civs may join another civ when contact has been established with one of the civs the Refugees destroyed civ had contact with.
This is the winning option of the ISDG poll. Any pending membership requests meeting this requirement may join at any time.

Old October 6, 2003, 09:41   #306
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:12
OK, I remain in expectation....

FYI, Grenouille had contact with Webring, Firaxis and CGN (in case you didn't notice that).

Last edited by astrologix; October 6, 2003 at 09:46.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:14   #307
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:12
How does one join this and where exactly is this game being played? I already joined the group but want to check it out before I decide to stay

Thanks
Old October 9, 2003, 18:51   #308
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:12
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
How does one join this and where exactly is this game being played? I already joined the group but want to check it out before I decide to stay

Thanks
To join, you have to accept a pledge that basically says that you will not cheat. Once you join, you can quit at anytime, but are still bound not to cheat or to provide any information to other teams that would violate the pledge.

People also usually get someone to vouch for them. This is a big game. A lot of peole take it seriously.
Old October 9, 2003, 19:06   #309
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

To join, you have to accept a pledge that basically says that you will not cheat. Once you join, you can quit at anytime, but are still bound not to cheat or to provide any information to other teams that would violate the pledge.

People also usually get someone to vouch for them. This is a big game. A lot of peole take it seriously.
Well is Shiber or Uber Krux around? They dont know me well but saw the rant I did about "someones" alleged cheating at the Exodus CIV II Demo game. Enough to get the thread deleted. I say alleged because the cheating can not be proved in the eyes of people who count.

Just about anyone you know in the CIV II world would vouch for me.

HTower, Darius, PinkyGen, Academia, Case, Henrik, how many more do you need.

I pledge not to cheat and not to reveal privledged information while Im playing or if I ever leave. That means forever.

hi,

have a nice day

Does that give you a clue who "someone" is?

Last edited by conmcb25; October 9, 2003 at 19:15.
Old October 10, 2003, 01:49   #310
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'll speak up for conmcb25. He's been a Poly poster longer than me and is just getting back into Civ3 after a long hiatus in Civ2 land (poor guy ). I also know him from MZO.

Conmcb you need to PM Beta, your new Monkey teammate as he is the one who authorizes people for the ISDG.
Old October 10, 2003, 16:24   #311
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks R

Pm sent to Beta

BTW I have busted a few cheaters with Darius and Case (in CIV II PBEMS). So I guess that kind of gives you my feelings on cheaters.

As far as how cheaters should be handled? Well Im a firm supporter of capital punishment, so does that give you a clue?
Old October 24, 2003, 22:37   #312
tkmjcw
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Hello, all.

I am new to DGs, but am very interested in supporting Apolyton's team. A little about me:

I own every Civ game and started playing the original Civ in college...I guess that was around 1990.

I am a big fan of PTW, but I believe that it still has some serious issues--most of which can be mitigated by playing against all humans.

I prefer the longer, epic games to the elimination, pseudo-RTS style that seem to be prevalent on the ladders. In my opinion, Civ SHOULD be a LLLOOONNNGGG game to develop the depth and history of a nation.

My typical settings:

Huge map
Random Geography
Raging Barbs
Monarch

This will be my first Demo Game experience and I am looking forward to experiencing Civ in a new way.

If anyone is interested, please reply (here or email). I would also like to know a little about your team and its members.

Last edited by tkmjcw; October 25, 2003 at 11:48.
Old November 18, 2003, 18:28   #313
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 16:12
could i join in??
Old November 18, 2003, 18:33   #314
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

yes
Old November 18, 2003, 18:42   #315
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
could i join in??
I dont know SP, I think we need some references first!
Old December 6, 2003, 00:11   #316
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

*sigh* I've been told by my betters that I need to sign up for this great game. Will you please let me join?
Old December 6, 2003, 00:14   #317
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'll speak up for HTower too. He finally joined the ranks of Civ3ers recently too.
Old December 6, 2003, 00:19   #318
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

H is a real pain in my arse but he is a great guy and will be an ecellent addition to the team!

He is one of my best online buddies and we just got him reinterested in Civ 3 so please welcome him to the team.

Hes cool Beta
Old December 6, 2003, 00:29   #319
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
I'll speak up for HTower too. He finally joined the ranks of Civ3ers recently too.
I've had it since the release, it's only now that I'm being "forced" to play
Old December 6, 2003, 00:55   #320
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well, it appears to be a cold day in Hell, but whatever.

Welcome, H Tower. Beta should be around soon.
Old December 6, 2003, 03:23   #321
H Tower

awww, come on. They finally added what I've been waiting for all along, scenarios.
Old December 6, 2003, 03:58   #322
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

H Tower joining a Civ3 demo game!!!

It sure is a cold day in Hell!

(welcome! )

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old December 6, 2003, 18:35   #323
H Tower

quiet Raullinela
Old December 6, 2003, 18:36   #324
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
quiet Raullinela
Maybe it was short for RuPaul?
Old December 8, 2003, 18:24   #325
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

HAHA!!

Hey GF; why don't you join back in the fun for the ISDG? I promise you'll like what is going on!
Old January 23, 2004, 03:05   #326
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'd be interested in joining, if nothing else for lurking priveleges. Maybe my sage advice will come in handy too, although it's too soon to tell.
Old January 23, 2004, 04:39   #327
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Welcome aboard, Snowfire! More members are always welcome. I will ask that you be given the ability to access the private forum from Beta, he who has the power.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 24, 2004, 03:31   #328
AdmiralACF
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Settler

I'm new to these boards and am interested in participating in this game. I'm only a casual CivIII player (I don't have any expansion packs), but I think I could contribute.
Old January 24, 2004, 06:11   #329
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by AdmiralACF
I'm new to these boards and am interested in participating in this game. I'm only a casual CivIII player (I don't have any expansion packs), but I think I could contribute.
Make sure to PM (Private Message) Beta. He is the only person who can authorize you. You might want to tell him a little about your history and how you came to find Apolyton and why you like to play the game. See you there.
Old January 24, 2004, 15:46   #330
AdmiralACF
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Settler

Thanks for the help. A PM has been sent. I look forward to joining the game.