Old January 19, 2003, 23:58   #31
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 09:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Call me, (or pm me) once the game actually start. I will participate, at least...
Old January 20, 2003, 00:26   #32
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Yes I'd like to join once it starts.
Old January 20, 2003, 04:09   #33
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
Call me, (or pm me) once the game actually start. I will participate, at least...
PM you ?!?

Like that is gonna do any good. j/k
Old January 20, 2003, 04:59   #34
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva

PM you ?!?

I've found that it generally gets him to vote for DIA candidates
Old January 20, 2003, 11:40   #35
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:12
Update:

There are 29 players signed up so far. I have put the list on the first post of this thread, and will update as new names come forward. Some have indicated a willingness to participate, but do not have time or desire to be an official/leader on the team.

I am familiar - to the extent I can be - with all but HarryH. (2 posts) ???? Harry - you may well be legit, but there is always the potential... and your timing to start posting here, is well, awkward.

I am continuing the chat on a 1BigCommunity thread regarding the game set up.

Looks like 5 definite teams - 1BC, CD Groups, Civ Fanatics, Apolyton, and a French team, with 3 Apolyton members on it - Spiffor, Crousto, Astrologix, but also 17 non-Apolytonians. The maybe is a German team, similar in composition, I believe, to Borc's PTW-Demo game team.

We are looking for an administrator for the game. The others are reluctant to use Ming or someone associated with Apolyton. That is understandable. Upon my suggestion, Kentonio has written Firaxis to see if someone there will do it. In addition to getting a neutral administrtor, they (Firaxis) will have a direct line to some of the pbem and MP issues. But I suspect they have heard about most of them already. Now - if only they would hurry up on some of the fixes. Anyways, we should hear something back from them soon.

Now, I am off to PM Markos and inquire about setting up a seperate forum, which by the nature of the game involved - will need to be closed.

Cheers!
Old January 20, 2003, 12:24   #36
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:

PM you ?!?

I've been actually doing a pretty good job checking my pm these days from time to time.

But then again.. I havent checked my email in 4 days. Looks like I can only do one or the other.
Old January 20, 2003, 22:47   #37
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 06:12
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound:

I am familiar - to the extent I can be - with all but HarryH. (2 posts) ???? Harry - you may well be legit, but there is
always the potential... and your timing to start posting here, is well, awkward.
And my second post was the one on this thread to sign up!

My first Civ game was Civ2:ToT. That was my first real addictive game. It lead to may sleepless weekends. I heard that Civ3 was coming out and I started watching the Civ3.com site about three months before its release. I checked out a few of the civ sites now and again and usually ended up coming back to Apolyton. I scanned the forms now and then. I found the DG game intriguing - taking a single player game and turning into a multi-player collaboration. What a concept! I kept tabs on your progress. I particularly liked the maps and the Jungle Gazette.
Old January 21, 2003, 21:54   #38
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 15:12
I have lots of PBEM games running (2 of them with multiple, 4-5 turns per day) and have the work as the prez of Gathering Storm. My game list is already full, but a multisite game is tempting, if it's really multisite (i.e. not only Poly and CFC).

Ah, screw it, count me in.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:16   #39
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Welcome Sir Ralph. And yes, it is more than just CFC. It includes 1BC and CD Groups. As well as the French and possible German teams to give it flavor.

And you know - that has me thinking. Uh, oh.

Instead of asking Firaxis to act as a neutral administrator, maybe we should ask them to put a team in. Sort of a "You made it, now play it" challenge.

Hmm.. gotta go talk to Kentonio.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:20   #40
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'd like to join; I don't have PTW, but I should be able to get it before the game actually starts.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:22   #41
Beta
lifer
Deity

GT - welcome. Only a handful of the team members will need PTW - the ones who actually play our turns. So welcome. Just bring your knowledge of Civ3 and a competitive spirit.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:25   #42
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Sign me up, not sure how active i can be, but sounds like fun.
Old January 21, 2003, 23:32   #43
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:12
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound

Instead of asking Firaxis to act as a neutral administrator, maybe we should ask them to put a team in. Sort of a "You made it, now play it" challenge.

Great idea! Now we'll see...

Every little bug will have revenge!
Old January 22, 2003, 03:32   #44
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I'd like to give it a try.
--Woody Allen
Old January 22, 2003, 04:06   #45
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:12
I'm in. I wont be very active though.
Old January 22, 2003, 04:07   #46
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12
Count me in.

If you're going to organize things, please make sure that it will be a "fast" game for civ-pbem standards. Something like: at least 3 turns per week or something. I don't want to wait 5 years for Victory...

(in fact: 3 turns/week means the game will run almost 3 years, so this might be too slow, too)
Old January 22, 2003, 07:55   #47
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

a civgroup for the apolyton team has been created

as people join up and the process of starting the game goes on, we'll create a separate private forum for the team

go apolyton!
Old January 22, 2003, 08:05   #48
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 14:12
I'd like to be a citizen.
I can't promise to contribute a huge amount - I'm in 4 pbem's and the PTWDemoGame as it is - , but I'm interested in conquering the world in the name of Apolyton.
Old January 22, 2003, 08:12   #49
Beta
lifer
Deity

Thank-you Markos!!! Much appreciate it.
Old January 22, 2003, 08:15   #50
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Thanks Markos!!!

Go Apolyton !!!
--Woody Allen
Old January 22, 2003, 08:40   #51
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Hey, thanks MarK...

* cough..attachements..cough *
Old January 22, 2003, 08:43   #52
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
* cough..attachements..cough *
Do not seek to chastise the gOdZ, for they work in mysterious ways their wonders to perform.

Old January 22, 2003, 10:30   #53
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I am in.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old January 22, 2003, 10:48   #54
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

YEAH MARKOS!!!!

The gOdz rule!
Old January 22, 2003, 15:25   #55
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 07:12
I'm interested. I have signed up.
Old January 22, 2003, 17:48   #56
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

O.k., I'm in. I have no I dea when I'll be getting PTW, because of personal Finances, so I can't do much but make suggestions.

Where is the new Civ Groups for this?

Has anyone made a Icon for it (GF??)?

As long as it isn't a Banana !

E_T
Old January 22, 2003, 18:14   #57
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Same place all the CivGroups are:
http://apolyton.net/forums/civgroups.php?s=

There is also a link at the top of this thread and at the top of the Civ3DG forum.
Old January 22, 2003, 18:46   #58
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
O.k., I'm in. I have no I dea when I'll be getting PTW, because of personal Finances, so I can't do much but make suggestions.

Has anyone made a Icon for it (GF??)?

As long as it isn't a Banana !

E_T
Maybe, something with a big "A' for Apolyton.

(as opposed to 'eh', for Canada)
Old January 22, 2003, 19:04   #59
Mr Mayor
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Warlord

In Canada , only the mainlanders in ontario say eh.... I'am a newfie! I say RIGHT ON BUDDY!!

Can i join the interdemo game?
Old January 22, 2003, 19:04   #60
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Bleh... seems like this is getting rather important. Better throw my chips in as well.

I'm in.