Old February 2, 2003, 17:01   #151
Mr Mayor
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 14:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Betahound, are assasinations of ambassadors , or bombming of embasies in the catagorey of RP or "your booted from the forum"
Old February 2, 2003, 17:04   #152
Mr Mayor
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Warlord

Where is the embasy located in apolyton? Where will it be when the inter game starts? Are we sure we havent let in any moles!!!????!!!
Old February 2, 2003, 17:15   #153
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Mayor
Where is the embasy located in apolyton? Where will it be when the inter game starts? Are we sure we havent let in any moles!!!????!!!
Moles!? Doubt it. But one Rat made it in.
Old February 2, 2003, 17:19   #154
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Moles!? Doubt it. But one Rat made it in.
Even worse, he carries the plague.
Old February 2, 2003, 17:24   #155
Zarn
Chieftain

You guys always make me feel welcome here.
Old February 2, 2003, 18:09   #156
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 16:12
They weren't talking about you, Zarn. They were merely fooling around, making a bit fun about ThePlagueRat (yes I know, it is hard to believe, but this is his username)

Wellcome, Zarn

We don't have an ambassador yet, so stay tuned, we'll let you know when we will have one (and when you'll be officially ambassador ).
--Woody Allen
Old February 2, 2003, 19:07   #157
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:

Yes - you can. And I have authorized all who have requested (except for one) and notified them.

Have a nice day, too.
hi ,

you cant subcribe to the entire forum , .....

when checked in the "control panel" it does not show up , .....

have a nice day
Old February 2, 2003, 19:10   #158
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

you cant subcribe to the entire forum , .....

when checked in the "control panel" it does not show up , .....

have a nice day
, two minutes later > you cant subcribe to it as an extra forum because its under civ3demo game forum , ....

, Mark is it possible to have an extra sub forum for it
Old February 2, 2003, 19:27   #159
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarn
You guys always make me feel welcome here.
Yeah, we have a guy named PlagueRat... so apparently we let a rat onto our team... and even worse, he has the plague.
Old February 2, 2003, 19:30   #160
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Yeah, we have a guy named PlagueRat... so apparently we let a rat onto our team... and even worse, he has the plague.
Didn't you let him into the Roleplay team also?
Old February 3, 2003, 00:01   #161
Zarn
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius
They weren't talking about you, Zarn. They were merely fooling around, making a bit fun about ThePlagueRat (yes I know, it is hard to believe, but this is his username)

Wellcome, Zarn

We don't have an ambassador yet, so stay tuned, we'll let you know when we will have one (and when you'll be officially ambassador ).
According to Fanatika, I am the current ambassador to Apolyton. So, techincally, it is about me remaining ambassador.
Old February 3, 2003, 05:33   #162
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Well then, wellcome ambassador

Please be patient while we elect the leadership and name the ambassadors.
--Woody Allen
Old February 3, 2003, 11:26   #163
Alpha-2002
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Please sign me in
Old February 4, 2003, 09:31   #164
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Alpha-2002. No disrespect intended, but you joined Apolyton yesterday and this is your first post. Even assuming the most noble of intentions, if you understand the nature of this game, you will appreciate that authorizing you for entry to the closed forum for the intersite game is a long shot.
Old February 4, 2003, 09:57   #165
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 15:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius

Yeah, those guys always makes fun of my username...

Background:
One beautiful day in the year of the Lord 1349, a foreign brig entered the harbour in the town of Bjoergvin (Bergen). I was looking at all the rats who ran out of its cargo holds. And the sailors who collapsed shortly after stepping ashore. The Monks carried them to the Monastery and tried to heal them, but in vain. It was the lices who had carried the plague from the rats to the cats and to the humans. Well, it must have been in a former life...

Old February 4, 2003, 10:03   #166
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Alpha-2002. No disrespect intended, but you joined Apolyton yesterday and this is your first post. Even assuming the most noble of intentions, if you understand the nature of this game, you will appreciate that authorizing you for entry to the closed forum for the intersite game is a long shot.
hi ,

, good point , we should watch out , ....... (!)

PlagueRat , dont worry your name and person are great , so smile , ......

you are more then welcome with your plague

have a nice day
Old February 4, 2003, 10:13   #167
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 15:12
Thanks panag! I was just trying to look offended.

BetaHound:

Just out of curiousity, what are the formal requirements for being
authorized to the Intersite DG ? And how can we know if someone is a member of another site?
Old February 4, 2003, 13:02   #168
Beta
lifer
Deity

No formal requirements, PlagueRat. In the first round, Mark authorized everybody who had signed up. There wre two with low post counts. I followed up with both. I am OK with one, haven't heard from the other.

The process now is that I authorize folks. No 'official' process per se, but I know most of the folks by now, or at least know others I can check with.

Mark is a member of the team and has no doubt, more thorough ways of checking, and he looked into one for me and OK'd him.

A couple of folks have already self-declared their membership in another site. The best and really the only way to police this is through the teams. You have to believe the teams have integrity, and for a DL/spy to be useful, he will have to report his findings - which should be immediately questioned by the team as to how did he come up with that info - then he would be banned from the game - and the team which discovered it would publicly declare the event and the info revealed. This is much along the lines of Arnelos' definitive dialogue on the matter, and the way in which we will have to manage things.

Hope this explains things.
Old February 4, 2003, 13:20   #169
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
No formal requirements, PlagueRat. In the first round, Mark authorized everybody who had signed up. There wre two with low post counts. I followed up with both. I am OK with one, haven't heard from the other.

The process now is that I authorize folks. No 'official' process per se, but I know most of the folks by now, or at least know others I can check with.

Mark is a member of the team and has no doubt, more thorough ways of checking, and he looked into one for me and OK'd him.

A couple of folks have already self-declared their membership in another site. The best and really the only way to police this is through the teams. You have to believe the teams have integrity, and for a DL/spy to be useful, he will have to report his findings - which should be immediately questioned by the team as to how did he come up with that info - then he would be banned from the game - and the team which discovered it would publicly declare the event and the info revealed. This is much along the lines of Arnelos' definitive dialogue on the matter, and the way in which we will have to manage things.

Hope this explains things.
hi ,

it might be intresting to have some ( "neutral" ) people check on the game , ..... and its members , ....

have a nice day
Old February 4, 2003, 20:45   #170
Beta
lifer
Deity

Hi panag. Not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the game itself, we discussed in the intersite forum possibly having a neutral administrator for the game. The others were not willing to use Ming or someone else from Apolyton. We tried Firaxis, but they did not respond. Interestingly enough, they have now agreed to enter a team. See my up-date in the closed forum.

There was also talk of having the site administrators do a cross check of names, ip's, and the like - but that would be a lot of work with eight teams in (yes - eight - see the update)

If you are referring to a neutral person in this forum, I am all ears. If you think there is someone better able to assess members, please let me know. Mark is a member of the team, and I suspect keeping an eye on things. Everyone can see the membership list for themselves. If there is an issue with someone - please raise it. But again, I'm not sure that is what you are referring to.
Old February 5, 2003, 03:53   #171
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

I would like to join the Intersite team.
Old February 5, 2003, 04:57   #172
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Hi panag. Not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the game itself, we discussed in the intersite forum possibly having a neutral administrator for the game. The others were not willing to use Ming or someone else from Apolyton. We tried Firaxis, but they did not respond. Interestingly enough, they have now agreed to enter a team. See my up-date in the closed forum.

There was also talk of having the site administrators do a cross check of names, ip's, and the like - but that would be a lot of work with eight teams in (yes - eight - see the update)

If you are referring to a neutral person in this forum, I am all ears. If you think there is someone better able to assess members, please let me know. Mark is a member of the team, and I suspect keeping an eye on things. Everyone can see the membership list for themselves. If there is an issue with someone - please raise it. But again, I'm not sure that is what you are referring to.
hi ,

well it would be a waste not to use Ming , he has years of experience and know's almost every trick there is in the book , ......

and yes it would never hurt to have a couple "neutral" ones around , .......

indeed the mods should do what they can to check and crosscheck people , ......

and we should be very carefull as to whom wed let on the team , there is a sudden increase of people who want to join , ..... people who have claim to be from a place but know nothing about it , .... if that is not strange , .....

have a nice day
Old February 5, 2003, 19:46   #173
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

my status as a member of the apolyton team was just for testing purposes for the private forum links(if there was/is such an issue, i can access the forum anyway without being on the team)

just to be clear, i see my position in the intersite dg as being an aid in it's success
Old February 5, 2003, 20:14   #174
Beta
lifer
Deity

Mark - yup - that was my understanding as well. Thanks for clarifying.
Old February 6, 2003, 00:21   #175
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
just to be clear, i see my position in the intersite dg as being an aid in it's success
As do we
Old February 6, 2003, 03:49   #176
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

well it would be a waste not to use Ming , he has years of experience and know's almost every trick there is in the book , ......

and yes it would never hurt to have a couple "neutral" ones around , .......

indeed the mods should do what they can to check and crosscheck people , ......

and we should be very carefull as to whom wed let on the team , there is a sudden increase of people who want to join , ..... people who have claim to be from a place but know nothing about it , .... if that is not strange , .....

have a nice day
Ming is biased enough here as it is, no need to float his boat even more.
Old February 6, 2003, 10:34   #177
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble
I would like to join the Intersite team.
Did I miss a sign-up step? Or is there simply a long waiting list to join?
Old February 6, 2003, 13:26   #178
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Ming is biased enough here as it is, no need to float his boat even more.
hi ,

yeah right , .....

he has a load of experience , so why should it go to waste , ..... that would be a shame , .....

there are not to many things he has not seen , especially in MP , .....

so if he wants , we should use him

have a nice day
Old February 6, 2003, 19:52   #179
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
Re: Apolyton's Reputation ....
Quote:

BetaHound
Kloreep
GhengisFarb
adaMada
realpolitic
Thud
Panzer32
Togas
Aro
Hot_Enamel
CiverDan
Meshelic
WhiteBandit
donegeal
Shiber
panag
mrmitchell
Dominae
dejon
ruby_maser
GodKing
ManicStarSeed
alva
Nimitz
HarryH
The Dark Lord
Arnelos
CalcII
You need to remove my name from the list as I "unjoined" the team's private forum several days ago.
Old February 6, 2003, 20:45   #180
Beta
lifer
Deity

Ah - ok. This was an old thread anyway. What's up?