Old February 23, 2003, 16:18   #241
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Uber who?
Old February 23, 2003, 16:21   #242
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 10:12
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
lemme in
You are in.

(click on the closed forum above)
Old February 24, 2003, 03:33   #243
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

Local Time: 15:12
Hi!

I have followed the Demo game for a long time and I would love to be in Intersite Democracy Game.

best regards
Jagjef.
Old February 24, 2003, 07:29   #244
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
You're just a sore loser.
And you talk? With your sore swordman beaten Lux-@ss...

Ok, why not let Uber in? He can't be a spy...
Old February 24, 2003, 16:09   #245
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Hi, I would like to join too! Is it enough to just say it here or is there a sign-up elsewhere
This Inter-site Demogame is great ,not something I would like to miss
Old February 24, 2003, 21:43   #246
FrantzX
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 09:12
I would also like to be a part of this.
Old February 24, 2003, 21:47   #247
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

I would also like to be a part. I've been a long time Lurker, but I've been here a fairly long time.

Woog
Old February 24, 2003, 21:56   #248
Mr Mayor
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 14:12
i sence many spys in our ranks... i dont know why but more seem to try and get in.
Old February 25, 2003, 05:42   #249
jagjef
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Vox
Prince

I have a feeling that It's hard to prove that I am not a spy, but what can I do to get in IDG ?javascript:smilie('')
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Best Regards
Jagjef
Old February 25, 2003, 10:22   #250
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Oh, go ahead and sign me up. I will likely lurk till this game is over, then will either become real active there, or in a new SP game...

I don't have enough time to stay caught up here, let alone spy for someone else...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 25, 2003, 12:45   #251
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh, go ahead and sign me up. I will likely lurk till this game is over, then will either become real active there, or in a new SP game...

I don't have enough time to stay caught up here, let alone spy for someone else...
I'll set up your expense account, what was it we agreed would be a good income for a spy?
Old February 25, 2003, 13:33   #252
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
And you talk? With your sore swordman beaten Lux-@ss...

Ok, why not let Uber in? He can't be a spy...
I can talk because Lux is not dead, and I can talk because I'm the Trip.
Old February 25, 2003, 13:50   #253
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

I can talk because Lux is not dead, and I can talk because I'm the Trip.
He IS Count Tripula!

I really like that name, who came up with it again? Thimble?
Old February 25, 2003, 14:00   #254
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I'll set up your expense account, what was it we agreed would be a good income for a spy?
I believe we have it set up on a case by case system dependant on the value of the information.

btw, what team are you on?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 25, 2003, 19:58   #255
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I'd like to join.

And no, I'm not the President of the Fanatikese, CFC's team. I just, uh, have the same name.

Also, someone tell vondrack to get my e-mail address right next time...
Old February 25, 2003, 20:06   #256
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Booo!!

Away you heathen!!!

Old February 25, 2003, 23:10   #257
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I believe we have it set up on a case by case system dependant on the value of the information.

btw, what team are you on?
CDG's team where I'm a whole whopping 10% of the population.

(Not really, but it seems like it at times.)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; February 25, 2003 at 23:17.
Old February 27, 2003, 03:00   #258
jagjef
Prince

Last try
This is my last try, can I at least get a no or yes for answer.
Can I join IDG?

jagjef
Old February 27, 2003, 05:58   #259
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Re: Last try
Quote:
Originally posted by jagjef
Can I join IDG?

jagjef
Same feelings for me: can we get some sort of confirmation please?? (whether it is yes or NOOOOO )
Old February 27, 2003, 06:22   #260
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 16:12
Re: Last try
Quote:
Can I join IDG?

jagjef
hi ,

, why dont you provide us with some background and more info as to whom you are , why you want to join , etc , ...... you are probably going to get an answer faster that way , .....

have a nice day
Old February 27, 2003, 07:31   #261
jagjef
Prince

Quote:
hi ,

, why dont you provide us with some background and more info as to whom you are , why you want to join , etc , ...... you are probably going to get an answer faster that way , .....

have a nice day

freedom exists only in a book , ......
Yes, I can do that.

I havt post so much here, but I have followed CIV3 DEMO-game from the beginning without beeing an member. Mostly because I dont like to post from my work.
I do play a lot of civ-games and have done so since Sid's first CIV got out, and also played a lot MOO, and Galactic Civ on OS2. But nowdays I mostly play PTW.
As my play style, I usually pick France or Cartago, I think that France is the better because of they get their UU later. I do a lot of roads in the beginning to get my settlers out fast, I do a lot of landgrab and dont care if some other sneek in an settler in "my" territory. They usually convert quickly. I suck when it come to naval warfare, usually my first ship is a ironclad.
Mostly I win by domination, or Spaceship.
I enjoy winning a good game, but most important is to have som fun playing.

If somebody wants to know more please email me at jagjef@yahoo.se, or M$-messenger jagjef@yahoo.se

best regards
Jagjef
Old February 27, 2003, 10:12   #262
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

If looking to join, have you contacted betahound. He is the one running the show I think. Send him a PM. I know it can take a while, so please be patient.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 27, 2003, 10:21   #263
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
I think that France is the better because of they get their UU later.
Not to turn this into a strat thread or anything, but ... do you actually use the French UU as an attacking unit? I don't play them myself, but it seems to me that the French have one of the worst UU's. Their defense is no better than a regular musketman and their boosted attack isn't used enough to justify the extra cost.

Having said that, though, I suppose using a Musketeer to kill something would be the easiest way to set off a GA.
Old February 28, 2003, 03:40   #264
jagjef
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Having said that, though, I suppose using a Musketeer to kill something would be the easiest way to set off a GA.
Yes, If Wonders havent put me in Golden Age, I use a musketeer to kill something. Or let somebody else kill themself against an fortified musketeer.

But the most important for me is that I dont trigger GA to early which is quite easy with Carthago. But it all depends on the map and which opponents I have.

Jagjef
Old February 28, 2003, 08:19   #265
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Hey, I got an early GA once playing Carthage.
I was not able to use it for anything sensible, other than to succeed in an offense against an MP-player that was more powerful than me. He had 8 cities and I had 5. I took 2 cities by blitzkrieg, and weakened him considerably.
The early GA, huge stacks of Numidians combined with swordmen, made this possible. He had mostly spearmen, and few offensive units before my offense. Then he got feudalism, and with those flail-swingers the situation somewhat changed.
When it was on this most exciting point, the game crashed!
Old March 7, 2003, 20:59   #266
Jon Shafer

I need to be re-admitted to the ISDG Civ Group.
Old March 8, 2003, 00:56   #267
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Apolytonia's war-making capability has suddenly been seriously compromised

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old March 11, 2003, 11:37   #268
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Greetings. Someone tipped me off to this and asked if I'd be interested, and after some thought, I'd love to join if I could be of use to the team. My credentials:

Poster of numerous MP strategy threads on the PTW forum, including:

"Siege! Taking and defending cities" http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=77955

"A look at ALL Civs from a MP point of view"
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=73721

"Beating the no-iron blues and other MP problems"
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=75314

"Don't Blink, And Other tips for MP Elimination Games"
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=74739

"Civ Tribe Traits Ranked in the MP Environment"
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=72853

I also participate in the ladder at www.myleague.com/civ3ptw , where I have been the number-one ranked player of 1000 players consecutively since December 1, and have a win/loss ratio in that environment of approximately 90 percent victories.

I would like to join Team Apolyton because I feel the most educated Civ players, and the most varied community of same, can be found here. (Also because frankly, this is the only board I find it worth my time to frequent.)

I have extensive experience with Carthage, having begun my MP games using that Civ. I readily admit that I am NOT educated in the finer points of how Democracy Games are played, nor do I know the situation in the Intersite game as it stands currently. I have no problem spending a little time catching up and learning the ropes as I go.

If there are any other questions I need answer or hoops to jump through in order to finalize my request to join the team, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Old March 11, 2003, 11:45   #269
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

That's one hell of a resume you've got there!
Old March 11, 2003, 11:52   #270
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I invited F-P...

I actually wrote the words "you are pre-approved" but it looked like a credit card offer so I deleted it.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.