Old January 12, 2003, 11:18   #1
zergo
Settler

Local Time: 14:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW- Space Race problem
Scenario: I'm nearing the end of a nice 7-hour game of PTW, cheerily building all of my spaceship components. I'm playing as Carthage, and the other 3 civs left in the game haven't even started their ships.

Finally, around 2001, I build the SS Planetary Party Lounge or whatever it's called, and nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the spaceship screen, it just keeps gonig.

If I press f10, nothing happens either. Well, it does play the page-turning sound as if the spaceship screen was coming, but no. In previous saves of the same game, I can pull up the SS with no problem, but as soon as I build the Lounge, no more space.

Can anyone help me out here? I am so terribly confused.

-Zergo
Old January 13, 2003, 17:13   #2
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unless you've encountered a very strange bug, the symptoms you describe exactly match what happens when you build the spaceship but the space race victory isn't possible, either because (1) you already won or lost via another method, or (2) the space race victory was not enabled at the game start.

Your post, in one form or another, appears about every 2 weeks, and in 99% of the cases (dare I say 100%? ), it turns out that the game at issue had already been won or lost some way (including via a 2050 histographic win or loss). Hope your case is no different (meaning, I hope you haven't experienced a frustrating bug of some kind).

Catt