View Poll Results: President for Term 8
Aggie 11 22.45%
Arnelos 19 38.78%
Aro 19 38.78%
Abstain/Banana 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 14, 2003, 00:02   #31
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Give Aro a chance

(not saying that Aro=peace, however )
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 14, 2003, 00:26   #32
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

And the Mud starts to fly.....SPLAT!!

E_T
Old January 14, 2003, 00:33   #33
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:16
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
come on.....
more mud.

Lots more mud.

Please

Be careful about your wishes, GodKing...

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
And the Mud starts to fly.....SPLAT!!

E_T
Old January 14, 2003, 01:52   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Up to now I have ignored the half truths and distortions of Arnlelos.
Aggie
Don't vote for evil! Arnelos is using his Sith mind tricks upon you!
Old January 14, 2003, 02:36   #35
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Up to now I have ignored the half truths and distortions of Arnlelos.
More accurately, they are reflections of my perceptions. Perception, I will readily admit, is often highly biased. That said, because something has to be the cause of a given perception, there is typically a kernel of truth even in the most biased of perceptions.

Nowhere in the entire nomination thread did you come out and fully commit yourself to the race. You made reference to not being able to do parts of the job or saying you'd only enter as a course of last resort.

Even if I were to kindly excuse the entire mess about not having to worry for popular sentiment as pure role-play, the above (what's left) still left sufficient reason to doubt that you were either fully invested in the race or were taking the responsibilities as seriously as you did the first time you ran for office.

Quote:
I was hoping that whatever rl event that upset him would pass and he would apologize, but this hasn't occured. I have decided honor demands I respond.
I'll admit that I was in an extremely foul mood having nothing to do with Apolyton.

You have my sincere apology for allowing that to be expent on attacking you.

Quote:
If you look at his post you would think I am a person who never plays by the rules and does only what he wants. We all know this is untrue. Everything I have done in this game has been to help the nation. Not ONCE did I ever go against the will of the people.
While it would be unfair to characterize you as being someone without any regard for the rules and I apologize for that characterization (it's not quite what I meant, but that's beside the point), surely you must see that willfully violating the rules you chose to uphold could easily be described as "against the will of the people" or at least many of them.

Just because a communal decision was made to let you off easy does not mean that all fully supported your willfull violation of their previously stated will without consulting them.

I think we all understand that you mean well and meant well. That's why I didn't press charges, pissed off though I was. At the same time, however, you can't very well pretend that you did nothing wrong. If you do, the voters have every reason to expect you will do it again - fail to consult with them on a major issue where you are required to consult with them.

If you're willing to pledge to consult the citizens next time as you are required and follow through with that pledge, that would remove my primary reason for running against you.

Quote:
Always I have been guided by their desires. For example earlier this week, when we were bogged down in the GL issue, I looked at the constitution closely and decided it did allow for "senate chats". So I pushed this idea and soon others took up the call and it was done. I did this because we all know the greatest enemy of this game isn't other civs, it is people losing interest. He would call this not playing by the rules, I call it looking for a solution to a problem. Yet for 2 days after the chat he did NOTHING, and hid behind a"waiting for a judicial review" excuse. There was no legal challenge to the chat, yet the will of the people was thwarted. In theory this is an impeachable offense. In the very least he did not perform the duties of a leader and try to get a solution.
I maintain that the agreement reached in the senate chat was illegal. I fully agree with the arguments of roadcage, among others, that the existence of such a senate chat whose voting did not allow for all members of the community to vote is a violation of not only the NewCon, but of a far older rule in this demogame - that all citizens have the right to vote.

I know that such an opinion is unpopular, but I happen to believe that the rule of law in cases like this is essential to curtailing the disenfranchisement of part of a democracy. If the law is unpopular and people want to change it, I strongly suggest to them that they use various methods of doing so legally.

IN FACT, I PERSONALLY POSTED MULTIPLE THREADS OFFERING DIFFERENT LEGAL METHODS OF CHANGING THE RULES TO WHAT PEOPLE WANTED.

Yet I am accused of showing no leadership.

I was only willing to knowingly violate what I felt to be the law if and only if the Court sanctioned it. That is what I am now doing. Waiting for that Court sanction is not being irresponsible and it is not impeachable. Rather, I was following the law as I knew it to exist: no senate bill authorizing the use of Seti had yet passed.

You admitted yourself that the so-called "senate chat" stood on extremely shaky legal ground and I think you know very well that it is only by completely overlooking the obvious that the Court has bowed to majority opinion in this case.

I honestly did not believe that the President was the proper person to make such a sweeping and so apparently flawed interpretation of the law... the job of interpreting law is explicitly given to the Court.

Quote:
All who know me know that I do try to get solutions, some through the forums, some through chats and other times through pm's. You all know that I listen and try to find a way that as many people as possible will be satisfied. Now I ask you who has done the greater wrong, one who does something that is common sense(as I did with the MPP against rome) or one who actively goes against the will of the people. Let me assure you that I will always obey the people, as I have always done.
"Done the greater wrong"? If holding my ground and refusing to bow to pressure to use extra-legal means to disenfranchise many of our citizens is "the greater wrong", then I'm guilty as charged.

I may believe in democracy and popular will, but I also believe in rights and my responsiblity as an officer of the law to uphold that law and respect those rights, even if I or the majority of people don't like it. There are legal means to change our rules. It's a pity that so few people have the patience to use them.

There is a difference between a civil democracy and a massocracy.

Quote:
I think it is unfortunate that a president will go to such lengths of character assasination to keep his job and I hope you the people will send him a clear message that this is unacceptable.
For the record, as I posted multiple times, I did not enter this race because I desire the job. Contrary to your accusation, I did not criticize you because I wanted to keep my job... that's extremely far from the truth.

The truth is precisely what I stated... it was my perception that no-one had SERIOUSLY entered the race when I finally felt forced to step in (having previously and honestly stated that I wouldn't enter the race unless as a means of last resort). It honestly annoyed me that no-one had yet officially entered the race when I finally did so and it didn't ease my annoyance that you and Aro both then entered "tentatively" or in jest.

I honestly believed that the job, which you well know takes an enormous amount of time from the office holder's schedule for very little reward, was being approached with insufficient seriousness by you and Aro.

Regarding Aro, my reaction was not terribly dissimilar to OPD and UnOrthOdOx's reaction to my decision to run for Vice President 3 terms back. They got the impression very early that I wasn't taking the time commitment that would be necessary with sufficient seriousness. I happen to believe they were wrong, but I'll admit that I took it MORE seriously after UnOrthOdOx raked me over the coals. I may be equally wrong about Aro, but that's beside the point.

As for you, my "character assassination" has certainly gotten you to at least address some very real issues of which you still seem to be denying. Though rude to so bluntly bring it up, I admit, I was merely voicing an issue that more than I want you to respond to before we would consider supporting you as President again. Most are far too polite to be so blunt. Normally, I would be as well.

You have my apologies for my hastiness and rudeness.

Since I've already paid the price to bring the issue out in the open, however, I think it productive on some level that at least we're now discussing it where otherwise it would have been left burried. For both of us, I will admit, it's a real issue that has real consequences. Your perceptions of me, though extremely distorted, hide as much in terms of kernels of truth as mine do about you.

EDIT: spelling, etc.

Last edited by Arnelos; January 14, 2003 at 04:41.
Old January 14, 2003, 02:39   #36
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Aggie is serious about being President alright, he's just not serious about playing by the rules or fulfilling his duties.
Plonk. Bye.
Old January 14, 2003, 06:06   #37
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 14:16
This is some good stuff here.
Can this mudslinging go in the newzupdate??
This alone would bring more people into the game.

Bush vs Gore eat your heart out.
Old January 14, 2003, 08:47   #38
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I dont trust anyone who's name starts with the letter "A".

However...
I have followed this game since 4000BC, and I have seen it getting bogged down by rules, constraints, polls and votes.

Only Aggie has shown he has the ballz to do what is necessary to keep this game playing.

BUT....I decided to vote Aro....The other two have already had a go.
Old January 14, 2003, 11:46   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I sense a run-off!
Old January 14, 2003, 12:00   #40
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 14:16
I love elections like this.

I voted for Arnelos as Aggie and Aro aren't real people they were assasinated and replaced with robots back in term 4. Apoc wanted to replace them with super intelligent monkeys but we needed all those to replace the judges.
The only person who noticed was MWIA. So we replaced him with a below average intelligence monkey and he was still elected pres in term 5.
Old January 14, 2003, 12:06   #41
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:16
This seems to me like a fight between the lawyers and the people who just wanna play the game.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 14, 2003, 12:18   #42
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

I voted for Arnelos as Aggie and Aro aren't real people they were assasinated and replaced with robots back in term 4. Apoc wanted to replace them with super intelligent monkeys but we needed all those to replace the judges.
The only person who noticed was MWIA. So we replaced him with a below average intelligence monkey and he was still elected pres in term 5.

Nice to see you too, OPD.
Old January 14, 2003, 12:28   #43
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

I voted for Arnelos as ...
You voted for Arnelos as you have been tainted by the Dark Side.

Sith sympathizer!

Why don't you go ahead and change your avatar to Jar Jar Binks.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; January 14, 2003 at 16:30.
Old January 14, 2003, 12:58   #44
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Arnelos apology accepted. I also apologize for critizism about the seti matter. We are all to blame for such a delay, and we must make sure it doesn't happen again. We simply have to agree to disagree on the senate chat, I saw it as the only way to move the game forward, though I admit it wasn't perfect. To be honest I did not expect such an uproar when we approved the MPP. I would not do such a thing again since it caused such a reaction and would hurt the cause of moving the game forward that I champion. But for the record I do say that I will try all legal means necessary to keep the game moving, but wll make a point of staying inside the law.
Aggie
Old January 14, 2003, 14:35   #45
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I still haven't voted here......

Still cannot make up my mind...... so many good possibilities....

Who has the biggest bribe.....

And E_T, you gotta watch that aim of yours, you almost hit me with that splat of mud.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old January 14, 2003, 17:37   #46
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

[roleplay]

Do you value your freedoms? Your liberty? Your right to your private property?

Well, my opponents, the religious lunatic and the communist insurgent, both want to threaten those things which you hold most dear!

The religious lunatic and his fellow lunatics have created an entire platform based upon FEAR and intimidation and the general destruction of all the great freedoms that have made this country great and powerful. These lunatics even commit blasphemy against the Great Banana by suggesting that the Great Banana and the g0dZ wish us to do away with the very democracy that THEY GAVE US in their infinite grace and wisdom!

Surely you see that such religious lunatics should not be trusted with positions in government.

As for the communist insurgents, they wish to obtain control of as many government posts as they can in order to lead our great and democratic nation into communism and despair!

If you do not believe this, go read their own pamphlets and party propaganda calling for the destruction of property and violent revolution by the workers! These insurgents must be prevented from having power in our government.

If you value your freedom and, most importantly, YOUR MONEY, you will vote Arnelos rather than for those ALP communists and their candidate Aro!

For Freedom.
For Liberty.
and for the Right to Private Property and for each one of you to become filthy rich!

Vote for the only candidate who supports the democracy and capitalism you hold dear - Arnelos.

[/roleplay]
Old January 14, 2003, 18:00   #47
Aro
lifer
Emperor

[roleplay]

Just for the records, I am not religious and lunatic; I'm communist and insurgent... No, wait... I'm communist and lunatic! Hmmm… let me see… maybe I'm religious and insurgent... Hey, I found it! I’m insurgent and expansionist! Anyway, I need to RTFM again…
Now you confused me, Arn...

[/roleplay]

Old January 14, 2003, 18:21   #48
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:16
[rp]
Don't be fooled by our President Arnelos, or his pompous, fear-driven statements. Such accusations against the ALP, labeling us merely as "communists" are absurd. For so-called freedom, liberty and the right to private property he blasts his opponents, seeking to dissuade the people into believing that he is the one who will save Apolyton from the so-called communist threat, a threat which only exists in the mind of our obviously insecure President....

*pause*

Coming from the man who, in fear of the formation of such a Labor Party, shamelessly denounced the laborers and the rightful gathering of The People. Who, in a moment of nervous terror, begged the ALP to merge with his populist DIA Party!

*gasp* The crowd goes deathly silent

I encourage you all to not pay heed to his self-absorbed rants. How can the People, of sound mind and spirit, feel morally inclined to vote for Arnelos when from his very own tongue has sought to squash the rightful gathering of the masses?

I urge all to think on these things, and do what you know is right. Do it for yourselves, your family, your friends,......your nation.

Thank you,

Meshelic
Chairman of the Labor Party, the party of the People

[/rp]
Old January 14, 2003, 18:33   #49
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

heh. you're all excellent, (*splat* *splat*) but seeing that Aggie and Arnie are really throwing the mud around (*splat* *splat*) I think I'll (*splat*) vote for A--(*splat* *splat* *splat*)ro.

*splat*

Okay. (*splat*) Vote Aro, as he (*splat* *splat*) does not degrade himself to (*splat*) mud-throwing.
Old January 14, 2003, 18:34   #50
Arnelos
Emperor

[rp]

What Meshelic of the Communists tells are lies.

I did not ask for a merger with the Communist Party. Rather, because at least these Communists rightly believe in the abolition of slavery unlike the barbaric religious lunatics, I sought an alliance on that issue only.

Perhaps the Communists, knowing that the Communist government they seek will be nothing more than the slavery of the entire nation, have changed their minds about being against slavery?

In fact, I spoke AGAINST the suggestion (by others within my party) that we might absorb these malcontents into our party. The communists have no place in a party which wishes to defend our democracy.

That Meshelic would wish to spread the idea that I wanted more than simply an alliance on the issue of the abolition of slavery is understandable, of course. His communist party desperately needs whatever form of legitimacy than can get their hands on, even if it be from lies and deceit.

I hope that you, the people of Apolytonia, are smarter than to fall for plots of the Communists.

With democracy and capitalism still the law of the land, you all stand to become rich beyond your wildest dreams! Why would you abandon that for misery and depravity under a foul communist system?

[/rp]
Old January 14, 2003, 18:40   #51
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
Okay. (*splat*) Vote Aro, as he (*splat* *splat*) does not degrade himself to (*splat*) mud-throwing.
He also hasn't posted any reason for you to vote FOR him or why anyone (him included) should care.

One of the only things he did post concerning the position was that he'd have difficulty being able to run any turnchats.

Nothing else has been heard out of him concerning turnchats, national finances, national priorities, or anything else the President has to concern himself with while in office.

Unless Aro speaks up about what he's running for, voting for Aro is comparable to voting Banana.
Old January 14, 2003, 19:07   #52
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
[rp]

Perhaps the Communists, knowing that the Communist government they seek will be nothing more than the slavery of the entire nation, have changed their minds about being against slavery?
[rp]
Another set of baseless accusations! Have the ALP done anything but promote democracy while standing behind the rights of the common workers? Have the ALP pushed for a communist form of government, in any thread, anywhere? Have the ALP gone back on their vow to do everything in their power to release the slaves?

The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is clean.

I challenge anyone, anywhere, to search the Labor Party threads, to find any mention of overthrowing the democracy and replace it with a communist government! I challenge anyone, anywhere also to search for any evidence that the ALP as a political entity have changed their minds regarding slavery?

You will find that no such discussions, talks, or conspiracies exist. I'd like to reiterate that all these supposed "facts" exist only in the mind of Arnelos, who has presented himself as nothing but a cauldron of paranoia and disinformation.

Quote:

That Meshelic would wish to spread the idea that I wanted more than simply an alliance on the issue of the abolition of slavery is understandable, of course. His communist party desperately needs whatever form of legitimacy than can get their hands on, even if it be from lies and deceit.
Our "legitimacy" was established when the Labor Party first gathered, not to mention when the official Charter was published. Have you forgotten yourself Arnelos that you acknowledged the legitimacy of such a party by opposing it, not to mention by seeking an alliance concerning the slavery issue?

Is it required of any official party to be recognized by the DIA in order to be a party at all? Saying yes would incriminate yourself as in opposition to the will of the people, not to mention a blatant attempt to squelch the freedom of speech act.

Dear people of the nation, do not listen to this man's vile attempts to undermine the great Democracy which we are ALL representatives of! Hear his words! Are they not scornful, full of contempt?

Even by the declaring us "Communists" Arnelos has abridged the freedoms that hold dear and true in our hearts, for as Chairman I have constantly defended my small but proud Party time after time against the insurrectionist DIA forces. Count how many times I have denied being a communist, that my party is communist, that we seek to overthrow the democracy! Count them!

You will find more than enough proof that the ALP are not Communists. You will also find that I have spoken the truth here, and that my esteemed colleage, Arnelos, has manipulated and twisted the facts to his own mad design!

Look at that avatar! Is that not proof enough???

FOR the PEOPLE

Meshelic
Chairman of the Apolyton Labor Party

[end rp]
Old January 14, 2003, 19:25   #53
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

I didn't know Meshelic was running for President.
Old January 14, 2003, 19:27   #54
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
I didn't know Meshelic was running for President.
Yes, I'm also running for FAM, SMC, and DM too!

Old January 14, 2003, 19:49   #55
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
[rp]
Have the ALP pushed for a communist form of government, in any thread, anywhere?

I challenge anyone, anywhere, to search the Labor Party threads, to find any mention of overthrowing the democracy and replace it with a communist government!
This is too easy, I didn't even have to look beyond the front page...

From the "Labor Party Charter & Home" Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
rp mode ON/
Btw, we aren't Trotskyites (the internationalist wing of the commies. Stalin killed him. Well done.) We are pure Stalinist folks and we gonna kill anyone who... Huh? Oh… Sorry, Meshelic... I don't do this anymore, I promise!
rp mode OFF/
Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Besides that, I'm the left-wing of my party.... A real commie!
[rp]

I could have looked further back into the public records to reference statements by Presidential Candidate Aro and ALP Chairman Meshelic regarding their support for communism, but the effort is unecessary. These statements were found within those public records available in their very own party headquaters!

It turns out that Aro, the candidate for the Communist Party, has said in his own words that he is a Commie and a member of the LEFT WING of even the Communist-leaning party!

You can vote for these communists or you can vote for us, the true defenders of democracy.

[/rp]

Quote:
Count how many times I have denied being a communist, that my party is communist, that we seek to overthrow the democracy! Count them!
[rp]

No matter how many times you say it, it still doesn't make it true.

[/rp]
Old January 14, 2003, 19:57   #56
Meshelic
King

Quote:

[rp]

It turns out that Aro, the candidate for the Communist Party, has said in his own words that he is a Commie and a member of the LEFT WING of even the Communist-leaning party!
[rp]
You yourself said in the turnchat thread that you can hardly base anything with an RP in front of it as true, or anything that you take seriously....but as all of this is RP anyways, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
[rp]

No matter how many times you say it, it still doesn't make it true.

[/rp]
The same can be said likewise of your own accusations Arnelos.

[/rp]
Old January 14, 2003, 19:59   #57
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

I have followed this game since 4000BC, and I have seen it getting bogged down by rules, constraints, polls and votes.
Ook! Ook! Couldn't have said it better myself. Someone else who maintains the spirit of the 3A2C3...

Quote:
/me eats banana

Hmm. Me must vote for someone who not banana.

/me scratches head

Me be President again! Me come back and kick all non-monkey tushes. Me prove how good me am..
Ooh! What that over there?

/me goes to investigate

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 14, 2003, 21:23   #58
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I voted for Arnelos - but I have to say I love Brasil and hope that some day we have a Brasilian in the Off-White House.
Old January 14, 2003, 22:39   #59
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd
I voted for Arnelos - but I have to say I love Brasil and hope that some day we have a Brasilian in the Off-White House.
Oh... Too late... I was about to bribe you with two beatiful Ipanema girls from my own private harem, but now...

Old January 14, 2003, 23:02   #60
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
Oh... Too late... I was about to bribe you with two beatiful Ipanema girls from my own private harem, but now...
LOL
There's a good reason to vote Aro

I can see the Jungle Gazette tomorrow:

"Apolyton Split! New President Backed by only 2/5ths of the People! Chaos Descends on the Nation!"