Old January 24, 2003, 03:43   #61
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We had better luck with our first hostile.

At the start of the age, we decided that the first kingdom that annoyed us excessively was going to be our first war target.

In the first 2 days after protection, we had a few incidents from a semi-suiciding kingdom, and we decided that they would be our first war target. Basically, we hit them once and they hit us several times, full suicides with only soldiers as defense.

So we trained some extra defense and some thieves, and declared them hostile.We trained thieves to take out the defenders of any province that was still using an all-soldier defense.

I think I'll let a few choice entries from the paper tell their story. I have concealed their location to protect them from further harm.

July 14th, YR0 We have declared (target masked) to be a Hostile Kingdom!
July 24th, YR0 Hostilities with (target masked) have degraded into a state of WAR!
January 1st, YR1 Our kingdom has begun a dragon project targetted at (target masked).
January 17th, YR1 Our dragon has set flight to ravage (target masked)!
February 3rd, YR1 Our kingdom has begun a dragon project targetted at (target masked).

We then negotiated a cease fire.

February 7th, YR1 Our kingdom has cancelled the dragon project to .
February 24th, YR1 (target masked) has surrendered to us! Our people rejoice at our victory!

And THAT is what happens if you mess with us.
Old January 24, 2003, 04:04   #62
star mouse
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
if this next kd doesn't go to war, i may just give up
He's in a kingdom with 25 provinces all named using an identical theme down to the exact length of the names, and he wonders why other kingdoms won't war them.

Quote:
All warfare is based on deception.

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
-- Sun Tzu "Art of War" I. 18-20
Applying these ancient principles, we can see at once why people refuse to war with you. Your kingdom appears very strong, so nobody will enage you. This happened to us last age when we did a similar theme - the number of people who peaceblocked us was well into the double digits by the 10th week. If your kingdom wasn't following a theme, you would now be fighting your second war.
Old January 24, 2003, 05:02   #63
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nice quote, Star Mouse, because that is exactly our gameplan.
We have no theme this round: everybody's picked his/her own name to (hopefully) stick to for a few rounds back-to-back.

We entered our first [H] today. I hope we have a good [W].
Old January 24, 2003, 21:31   #64
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:17
well we got a war, and they were using soldiers, so we NS ed them all again, being in kla we managed a few peace blocks while helping fellow kds and now we have a war...which we are winning of course....

its nice to be in a kd where everyone is active, too bad you aren't with us zopps.....we miss your skill....

and star mouse, its so funny to see people use soldier defence, then you go in and wipe out 20 k soldiers in two hours and they freak out......hahahahaaha...

but its not good for getting a war, you are right on that statement
Old January 25, 2003, 04:24   #65
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:17
Well, we got the war, and a Dragon. My province, being the biggest at the time is now FUBARed.
Old January 25, 2003, 17:33   #66
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

lol, i am glad i have the wt and hosp cuz i have been hit too...but were winning and at the least will have a draw out of this
Old January 27, 2003, 06:13   #67
star mouse
Prince

Wish you luck in the wars guys ..

We're in our second now, one of the provinces has been razed down to 118 acres from about 500 - he's not going to like his main screen when he sees it:

From his CB:
A Dragon ravages the lands!
Riots due to housing shortages from overpopulation are hampering tax collection efforts!
The Plague has spread throughout our people!

From what we see, this province has been hit extremely hard in the last month.

We do fight mean wars ...
Old January 27, 2003, 09:34   #68
Zopperoni
Emperor

Ouch...

Hm, still in the first [W], and I'm growing slightly tedious about it right now.
We are ahead, but only slightly, we have offfered the option of [P], but obviously no response so far...
Old January 27, 2003, 10:06   #69
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

We're now finally getting organized and are winnig the war, still the first. The war meter is 132 in our favor, and the other kd still won't surrender, one of their provinces even send a msg, saying that we've clearly beaten them, and that we should just accept their mutual peace offer.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 27, 2003, 13:07   #70
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
and the other kd still won't surrender, one of their provinces even send a msg, saying that we've clearly beaten them, and that we should just accept their mutual peace offer.
I loathe kingdom's like that. We had one like that declare on us. We beat them like a drum but they absolutely refused to surrender to us.
Old January 27, 2003, 22:04   #71
star mouse
Prince

We're about to get our second war win from as many wars. The new monarch of the enemy kingdom has promised to surrender as soon as the option is available.

The phrase "new monarch" should give a few clues as to just how this war has gone for them. In the last 12 hours, three provinces have been reported in their paper as "collapsed and lies in ruins".

I will supply more news as it becomes available.
Old January 27, 2003, 22:28   #72
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 09:17
You people must be utterly ruthless, sm.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old January 28, 2003, 01:17   #73
War4ever
Emperor

hehe we were declared on about 13 hrs after our war win, were winning of course, its a kd of orcs and such......but they have large defences...

still we push on... i am fat, waited all day for a hit that never came so i hit now i am two dwarves

i am sure the hits will come fast and furious now
Old January 28, 2003, 05:08   #74
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:17
Large? Large is not the word. 55-60 Raw DPA is insane!
Old January 28, 2003, 05:42   #75
star mouse
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
You people must be utterly ruthless, sm.
Oh yes .. here's the summary of our war:

** Attacks by the Kingdom **
Standard March: 37, total of 2405 acres captured.
Raze: 14, total of 358 acres razed.
Plunder: 1.
Failed Attacks: 3.
Total attacks by kingdom: 55, total of 2763 acres captured or destroyed.

** Attacks against the Kingdom **
Standard March/Conquest: 17, total of 1281 acres captured.
Raze: 1, total of 57 acres razed.
Failed Attacks: 2.
Total attacks against kingdom: 20, total of 1338 acres captured or destroyed.

In case you're wondering, I have my own formatter that can extract this info....
Old January 28, 2003, 09:10   #76
Lemmy
King

OMFG...they still can' taccept defeat...
The kd we're warring with has changed king, here is a msg from the new king:
Quote:
To The Honorable King Jaime
Ok, my people have elected me as King. We have offered you peace, I don't think surrender is an option? We have fought, hard and long during this war and have recently even stopped attacking your Kingdom while we get the monarchy arranged. Your Kingdom has continually attacked us, yet still you are only slightly bigger than us.

Given the circumstances of this war, I hope you will be man enough to take this mutual peace, let us remain friends and hopefully help each other out through this age.

Look forward to your response.

Signed, King SlipperyFingers the Rogue of Flaming Sambuca (26:20)
Some facts:
They declared hostile on us
They were bigger then us when the hostile started, now we are bigger then them
We are kicking their ass for 2 days now, the war meter is 134 in our favor.

Here's last months and todays news:
Quote:
** Summary **
We lost 249 acres.
We gained 482 acres.
We razed 104 acres.
Aid packets sent: 6.
We failed 1 attacks.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old January 28, 2003, 09:26   #77
Lemmy
King

I decided to sent their monarch a message.....hopefully he'll get smart and surrender...

Quote:
Hey, i read this msg you sent to my monarch

And i must ask you, where do you get the impression that you DESERVE a mutual pease, just because you fought long and hard? Obviously it wasn't hard enough, the war meter is at this moment 136 in our favor, and only 64 in yours. The meter has been above 130 in our favor for 2 days now.
In the last 2 days, we conquered 482 acres, you only got 249, do you want to keep this up forever?
That you stopped attacking was your own fault, we are at WAR, YOUR kingdom declared war on us, if you can't handle us, then SURRENDER, simple as that!

I've played on the BF last age, and never, and i really mean NEVER, have i seen a kingdom lose as badly as yours!
The biggest advantage i have seen was 128, and that didn't even last 2 days!

You may think that eventually we'll want to stop this war, and eventually we'll grow tired of it....but the fact is, we're WINNING, it will be a long time before we ever get tired of WINNING!

And then you threaten our king, but can't even harm him, what's up with that? When you threaten someone, you should have the POWER to back your threats up, obviously your kingdom doesn't have that.

The fact is, that we can destroy each and everyone of your provinces if we set our minds to it, we ARE that organized.
I have been against completely killing provinces, because that normally doesn't encourage a surrender, it just creates hatred between the 2 kingdoms.
But this can really change if you continue to be so stubborn and not accept defeat...think to yourself, what do you lose if you surrender? And what do you lose if you continue this war?
Those are your ONLY options, there is absolutely NO grounds for mutual peace.

Think about it, would you rather lose 5% of your honor, or your acres AND your honor? And noone will know that you lost a war, the record doesn't show on your kingdom page.
Was it too long? Too harsh?
Old January 28, 2003, 10:31   #78
Lemmy
King

Quote:
July 8th, YR1 Alcoholic Union (26:20) has surrendered to us! Our people rejoice at our victory!
I wonder if it was my message that made him surrender.

And now back to exploring.
Old January 28, 2003, 12:31   #79
Zopperoni
Emperor

Quote:
The fact is, that we can destroy each and everyone of your provinces if we set our minds to it, we ARE that organized.
Nice bluff you called there

Congratulations, mate

As for the War my KD is currently engaged in: the opponent Monarch appears to be a paranoid bastard gone apeshit: he doesn't show up to accept our Peace-offer, and he is reluctant to offer Peace himself.
There are no other ways of getting out of the situation, the War's been equal, and the War meter shows that.
Old January 29, 2003, 00:53   #80
War4ever
Emperor

uuuuuuuuuuuuugh....i hate wars like that .....just accept the damm peace and move on, war wins really don't give alot of honor, and lets be honest, most of the noobs arn't palying for honor anyways
Old January 29, 2003, 05:41   #81
Lemmy
King

My kingdom does play for honor...even though i started the era for NW, so i knew we would never accept peace.
And we were growing rather well, so it wasn't a drag on us yet.
Old January 29, 2003, 11:22   #82
Zopperoni
Emperor

Well, this morning, our opponents finally accepted our Peace offer after we released a massive offensive on them last night.

I gained about 230 acres without reply this War; not bad for a Faery/Mystic
Old January 30, 2003, 02:47   #83
star mouse
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
uuuuuuuuuuuuugh....i hate wars like that .....
We've already fought 2 wars like that this age. Nasty, brutal affairs with dragons and copious razes. So far this age we have decimated 2 enemy kingdoms.

Both targets were chosen by looking at our news and seeing which kingdoms have attacked us the most, especially those who over-react to a random grab by hitting several times. That is the mark of the disorganised. So don't mess with us if you're in our war range.

4 enemy provinces have died so far, including one monarch who deleted himself. The weak provinces in the enemy kingdoms perish, the strong provinces survive. We're thinning the herd, so to speak.

We have 2 war wins from 2 hostiles.
Old January 30, 2003, 17:39   #84
Lemmy
King

I'll be staying at this size for while and have a little science pump...
Quote:
The Province of Whoosj (6:20)
[http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.40 Beta]

Utopian Date: February 16th, YR2
RL Date: January 30th, 2003 (21:00 GMT)

Ruler Name: Sir Lemmy the Rogue
Personality & Race: The Rogue, Halfling
Land: 1,238 Acres
Money: 86gc (41,937gc raw daily income)
Food: 106,908 bushels
Runes: 25,927 runes
Population: 33,480 citizens (27.04 per Acre)
Peasants: 13,528 (100% Employed)
Excited: b:100%, t:3.1gc, p:103%, m:104%
Trade Balance: 309,877gc (0% tax rate)
Networth: 156,700 (126.58 per Acre)
Thieves+Wizards+Science Networth: 32,692gc

Soldiers: 10 (58% estimated draft rate)
Spearmen: 464 (1,856 offense points)
Archers: 13,584 (54,336 defense points)
Half-Giants: 385 (1,540 offense / 1,925 defense)
War-Horses: 0
Prisoners: 0

Total Attack points: 3,416 (2.76 per Acre)
Practical (0% elites): 1,876 (1.52 per Acre)
Total Defense points: 56,281 (45.46 per Acre)
Practical (100% elites): 56,281 (45.46 per Acre)

Thieves: 4,984 (4.03 per Acre / 98% Stealth)
Wizards: 525 (0.42 per Acre / 60% Mana)

Crystal-Ball on your province will show:
Max. Possible Thieves/Wizards: 5,449 (4.40 / Acre)
Estimated Thieves Number: 4,087 (3.30 per Acre)
Estimated Wizards Number: 1,294 (1.05 per Acre)

Buildings: 660gc to build, 660gc to raze
Away bonus: 67,640gc (12h) / 202,920gc (20h)
Old February 1, 2003, 08:35   #85
star mouse
Prince

Just another day at the office ...
Quote:
A Dragon ravages the lands!
Some fool kingdom decided to declare us hostile 12 hours before we were going to declare a hostile of our own, and they are paying the price for it. The war meter's 2 to 1 in our favour despite them being nearly 10% bigger than us at the time of their hostile declaration. Now they are smaller than us.

I guess they will be surrendering soon. If they do, it's 3 war wins for us from 3 hostiles....
Old February 1, 2003, 09:04   #86
Zopperoni
Emperor

Quote:
I'll be staying at this size for while and have a little science pump...
Quote:
The Province of Whoosj (6:20)

Total Attack points: 3,416 (2.76 per Acre)
Practical (0% elites): 1,876 (1.52 per Acre)
Total Defense points: 56,281 (45.46 per Acre)
Practical (100% elites): 56,281 (45.46 per Acre)
That's a pretty risky DPA you have there...
Old February 3, 2003, 02:53   #87
War4ever
Emperor

we got our second war win, and just finished a good haard fought war...good fun this age.
Old February 3, 2003, 06:20   #88
Lemmy
King

Quote:
That's a pretty risky DPA you have there...
Not really...i'm on WoL, remember, it seems 35 dpa is normal around here.
But i worked on it, i increased my housing science, so my happinesss wouldn't drop

Quote:
Total Attack points: 3,772 (3.00 per Acre)
Practical (0% elites): 2,296 (1.83 per Acre)
Total Defense points: 65,365 (51.96 per Acre)
Practical (100% elites): 65,365 (51.96 per Acre)
Old February 5, 2003, 23:47   #89
War4ever
Emperor

were going to get our third win of the age....hehe we just pounded on these guys...their poor king , we learned attacked him like 4-5 times then took his land, when he woke up i bet he was WTF
Old February 6, 2003, 06:08   #90
Lemmy
King

Gah...people are stubborn on WoL..we've been winning a war with 120+ in our favor for 2 or 3 days now, and still they didn't surrender...they offered peace, we decided to accept it and move on this time. They were moving out of our nw-range anyway