Old January 13, 2003, 09:51   #1
tunder23
Settler

Local Time: 14:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolyton pack for French warriors
Hi! Well, it's not so easy to be French sometimes... Even if I can understand English, I prefer to play games in French! I installed the Apolyton pack to enhance the AI (too poor in the original game), but new Apolyton files are in English or German only. Are they any in French? If not, how could I know the changes the Apolyton makes in vocabulary (e.g. APOL_gl_str.txt file) so that I reflect them in the French files? Thanks a lot for your help!

By the way, just another question: the amount of public work listed in the empire panel is not strcitly added to the previous amount (something as 80 % only). Why?

Emmanuel
Old January 13, 2003, 11:32   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 16:18
Re: Apolyton pack for French warriors
Quote:
Originally posted by tunder23
Hi! Well, it's not so easy to be French sometimes... Even if I can understand English, I prefer to play games in French! I installed the Apolyton pack to enhance the AI (too poor in the original game), but new Apolyton files are in English or German only. Are they any in French? If not, how could I know the changes the Apolyton makes in vocabulary (e.g. APOL_gl_str.txt file) so that I reflect them in the French files? Thanks a lot for your help!
I know that Tamelin is (was) working on a French version of the APOL_ language gamefiles. I don't know how far he is. The process is simple just make of every file you find in the ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder a Frensh version, compare these files with the original ones to get to know what was added and translate the added stuff. As Tamerlin has probably the most work already done I don't loose too many details. It just requires some time.

-Martin
Old January 13, 2003, 15:45   #3
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Re: Re: Apolyton pack for French warriors
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
I know that Tamelin is (was) working on a French version of the APOL_ language gamefiles.

Yes, I was working on the french translation of the Super Apolyton Pack v2.0 and I still plan to finish it in the near future, the problem is I don't have much free time in this moment and that I have been the victim of a terrible "laziness stroke" when I had this time.

Quote:
I don't know how far he is.
All the Apolyton Pack files are translated to the exception of the Great Library which is half translated.

The files I have translated so far would allow you to play in French (interface, message boxes) and use the half translated great library.

If you are interested in those files tunder23, send me an email so I can send them back to you (the translated files are already zipped and ready to be sent ).

Last edited by Tamerlin; January 13, 2003 at 15:56.
Old January 13, 2003, 15:52   #4
Tamerlin
King

Re: Apolyton pack for French warriors
Quote:
Originally posted by tunder23
By the way, just another question: the amount of public work listed in the empire panel is not strcitly added to the previous amount (something as 80 % only). Why?
I don't know but something like criminality is perhaps lowering the amount of net PW points produced.

Have you activated the detailed presentation in the empire panel, it gives more informations.
Old January 13, 2003, 19:00   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
I have been the victim of a terrible "laziness stroke" when I had this time.
Yeah I know instead of posted here at Apolyton I should do my uni-work right now. And I should have worked more on the next version of City Capture Options, or maybe not, because that means more strings for you to translate. OK I have to admit translating strings is actual the most boring part of the mod work if you do it as accurate as possible.

So you know now how you can help Tamerlin, tunder23. Of course only if you like.

-Martin
Old January 13, 2003, 19:27   #6
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Yeah I know instead of posted here at Apolyton I should do my uni-work right now. And I should have worked more on the next version of City Capture Options, or maybe not, because that means more strings for you to translate.

Your strings are welcomed!

The real problem is that I am currently working on a French translation of an english book and that I am reluctant to translate something more when I have some spare time.

Quote:
OK I have to admit translating strings is actual the most boring part of the mod work...
Tinkering with the slic files must be funnier.

Quote:
...if you do it as accurate as possible.
And moreover I am a perfectionist...
Old January 13, 2003, 19:39   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tinkering with the slic files must be funnier.
Yes as long as everything work as supposed, and you don't have to try severel ways, just because the army won't be grouped on that turn you need it. But the little slave uprising now works. Well sh*t can happen (if you enslave to many citiziens at once. )

Quote:
And moreover I am a perfectionist...
Yeah I know what you mean but good to know that my GoodMod is in good hands.

-Martin
Old January 15, 2003, 04:35   #8
tunder23
Settler

Dear all,
Thanks a lot for your replies! I'm very pleased to see how active is this forum, and I will try to contribute as much as I can. I already translated a few files in French, so I will be in touch with Tamerlin to merge our contributions, then post them if possible for all French people who love CTP II just like me!
Old January 15, 2003, 04:40   #9
tunder23
Settler

For Tamerlin...

J'ai essayé de t'envoyer un mail directement par Aployton, mais Explorer crash lamentablement lorsque j'ouvre la page d'envoi des e-mails. Peux-tu prendre contact avec moi à tunder@ifrance.com ? Au fait, j'habite aussi à Toulouse! A+