View Poll Results: Which?
Civ2 Style. Any unit adjacent to any enemy unit cannot move to another tile adjacent to any other enemy unit. 15 25.00%
Civ3 Style. Fast units or units in fortresses get a free shot at passing units. 28 46.67%
I'd like to see a mix of the two. Only fast units act like those in civ2. 15 25.00%
ZOC? Wha? 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 18, 2003, 12:49   #31
Colonel Kraken
PtWDG Legoland
Warlord

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
Entering a square under enemy ZOC should cost 1MP independent of rail or roads. That penalty should be in addition to the potential for HP loss while moving from one enemy ZOC to another enemy ZOC.

These types of rules were used successfully by board wargamers for years with much more complex warfare models than any CIV title.
Exacto mundo! (a little Spanglish gibberish for all you out there) ZOC should cost movement points. Also, each time you move into, through, or out of a ZOC, the enemy gets a chance to shoot at you.

Remember, folks, you can select which units have ZOC in the editor. So . . . . Warriors would not be stopping tanks!

It REALLY bothers me when I put a huge line of troops to block the AI and they find one little diagonal, corner-to-corner spot that I missed and they pour through 100+ units! To me, that is ridiculous.

On the other hand (just happened to me in my most recent game), I just surround all those wonderful AI units, bombard, and kill off his precious stack. Now, with all AI reserves thrashed, I happily waltz into any city I choose. Stupid AI . . . .

But, YES, zoc should be changed!!