Old January 13, 2003, 18:34   #1
x Krelian x
Settler

Local Time: 14:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What determies Palace bonuses?
I can't figure it out... it seems random. Sometimes, I'll be doing great and still have a rock hut in the Medieval Age, and sometimes I'll have a crappy start with 2 cities taken by Greeks and barbs all over and already be on my 2nd story with full landscaping in ancient... aagghh!!!

Is there some formula?
Old January 13, 2003, 18:42   #2
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 15:19
I really don't understand your question
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old January 13, 2003, 18:44   #3
x Krelian x
Settler

Local Time: 14:19
What makes palace bonuses appear?
Old January 13, 2003, 18:55   #4
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:19
Don't know. I tend to ignore it for most of the game. It does seem that the first victory over barbarians will trigger an improvement. Others have speculated that perhaps a first wonder will do so, perhaps reaching number 1 ranking in certain demographics categories will do so, perhaps, perhaps . . . a bit of a mystery actually, though a mystery about pure eye candy .

Catt
Old January 13, 2003, 19:13   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
I think there are a series of specific events that will trigure a Palace build.

And on occansion, I've triguered 2 of them the same turn and got to add 2 parts to the palace at once.

Population, Happiness, and Culture seem to be very important for building the Palace when your playing peacefully, but there's also successful military goals that trigure palace builds, so war monglers Palace improves faster in early game than peaceful civs, but the peaceful civs will catch up on their palace as the game progresses.
Old January 13, 2003, 22:20   #6
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:19
In AU203 I got to do 3 at a time. Just fun to know it's possible. I think I had been "saving them up", because it was the early Industrial age and I only had 1 prior.

Dominae
Old January 13, 2003, 23:02   #7
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

it is random!
Old January 14, 2003, 00:37   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 10:19
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Uhhh... not to be insulting... who cares?

FIRAXIS: Please put this into the options... "Turn off Palace building."

Please??!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old January 14, 2003, 06:48   #9
theNiceOne
Warlord

Its definately not random. Some time ago I played a few OCC games, and noticed that the first, second etc. palace improvements were triggered by the same thing in each game. I don't recall exactly what it was now but I think it was things like reaching a certain population, first victory against barbs etc.
Old January 14, 2003, 06:53   #10
lateralis
Chieftain

one time, I didn't even notice that I hadn't gottena single one until some time around Hooever dam and I got like 8 or 9 in one turn!! It just kept giving me more. I went from stone hut to taj mahal in 1 turn, I guess my people got really motivated all of a sudden!

lateralis
Old January 14, 2003, 08:54   #11
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

In the last game I played I got it around 1950 AD (!)
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom