Old January 17, 2003, 08:07   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
EDIT: I just realized that I used an idiom there that might be somewhat confusing to anyone translating it
Are you by any chance referring to Aro?
You know he translates everything he reads to his native tongue before he processes it (or so he says).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 17, 2003, 08:31   #32
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

Are you by any chance referring to Aro?
You know he translates everything he reads to his native tongue before he processes it (or so he says).
Not exactly... It's a common mental proccess, if you're not dealing with your native language. I read your posts, and my tendency is to think about in Portuguese. Then, to answer or reply, the inverse process will happen (it's all in my mind... ). But I'm trying to avoid this. In fact... I can "think" in English already... like a moron.
Old January 17, 2003, 08:33   #33
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 15:20
While you were playing with words, Aro was processing Arnelos voters, and initiated their translation on his name.
Old January 17, 2003, 15:23   #34
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
only civgroup hes in is a mac icon?

Panag, teams would love to have a C3DG regulars for their teams. You should join one.

All these prez reminicing about their good old days... we need a president's club thread. Let them sit down in round table drinking wine and smoking fine cigars talking about their days..
hi ,

, keep talking , sounds great

the 'Presidential club' , .... why not

allready part of one team , the experimental one , trying to improve the game , PBEM goes for now but the main problem is finding the time , .....

have a nice day

and its right guys and girls , the only group stay's MAC

Old January 22, 2003, 11:57   #35
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 14:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
You have to include VPs as well in the club. I can't wait to see Trip "talking" again with Timeline
and infamous SMCs
Old January 22, 2003, 18:16   #36
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

and infamous SMCs
hi ,

, we could have a club with all the people who where at one point or the other in a government , ....

have a nice day
Old January 22, 2003, 18:51   #37
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 14:20
I dunno it's usually a good idea for a club to have members that would talk to each other. Rather than hold bitter resentments.

Alot of the time the spats and arguments are more interesting than the game itself. Anyone remember the disargreement between Uber and the whole of the second term gov. I don't think I've ever been gripped by anything else as much in the game. Although looking back he was a bit out of order and very nasty to alot of people. But we all get angry sometimes.
Old January 22, 2003, 19:37   #38
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:20
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
I dunno it's usually a good idea for a club to have members that would talk to each other. Rather than hold bitter resentments.

Quote:
Alot of the time the spats and arguments are more interesting than the game itself. Anyone remember the disargreement between Uber and the whole of the second term gov. I don't think I've ever been gripped by anything else as much in the game. Although looking back he was a bit out of order and very nasty to alot of people. But we all get angry sometimes.
You mean the "Rvolution" thread? Yeah; I was worried the game would split in two. And all over a few offbeat remarks by the Prez. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.

More interesting than the game, perhaps, but I'm perfectly happy not to have any out-of-RP-and-game calls for overthrowing the government.
Old January 22, 2003, 20:00   #39
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

and after all of that happened... I came along and started my OWN infamous "revolution" thread

I loved being the young rebel of the DG...

The Republican Revolution remains one of my favorite parts of the entire DG... especially how I nearly had everyone ready to consider it an election issue for the next term

(that is, until I told MrWIA outright what the real accomplishment was and he had a good laugh and attempted to illuminate the many who didn't get it yet )

I had a number of the monarchists thoroughly pissed off at me
Old January 22, 2003, 20:23   #40
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
The Republican Revolution remains one of my favorite parts of the entire DG... especially how I nearly had everyone ready to consider it an election issue for the next term
What Republican Revolution? Has it fallen off the front page? And you being a leader of the Democratics...........
Old January 22, 2003, 20:43   #41
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

What Republican Revolution? Has it fallen off the front page? And you being a leader of the Democratics...........
pfft...

GhengisFarb, I would have believed your memory to be better than that

You don't remember our glorious overthrow of the Apolytonian Monarchy and my and DAVOUT's list of who we were going to behead for being "enemies of the people"?
Old January 22, 2003, 20:48   #42
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:20
LOL, If I recall correctly you labeled me as "leaning to being an enemy of the people"....ah those were the days.

Perhaps I should make my OWN list....
Old January 22, 2003, 21:13   #43
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

Perhaps I should make my OWN list....

Psst... keep this list strictly confidential...
Old January 22, 2003, 22:03   #44
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

Psst... keep this list strictly confidential...