Old January 14, 2003, 02:49   #1
The Moose
Settler

Local Time: 14:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
help with the russians
can you upgrade from "knight" to "cosak" or not???? sometimes you can upgrade to your UU, sometimes you can't? Is there a list somewhere which contains this information for all civs??
Old January 14, 2003, 02:53   #2
Hurricane
Warlord

Local Time: 16:21
Yes you can. UU:s can be upgraded if the regular unit they replace also can be upgraded. This means that civs with replaced Swordsmen (Roman Legions and Persian Immortals) can't be upgraded.
Old January 14, 2003, 03:05   #3
The Moose
Settler

indians
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane
Yes you can. UU:s can be upgraded if the regular unit they replace also can be upgraded. This means that civs with replaced Swordsmen (Roman Legions and Persian Immortals) can't be upgraded.
afaik, you can't upgrade a horseman to a war elephant (indians) even though, the war elephant can be upgrade to cavalry......
Old January 14, 2003, 05:02   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Re: indians
I'm not really sure, however there is one way to test it

Simply create a scenario with a russian knight. You be the russians and try to upgrade him. If it works, great if not...then...You can use the editor to put it in! You'll need 1 city with barracks and some money for the upgrade to work.
Old January 14, 2003, 08:25   #5
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
In one of my first games I was pissed because I couldn't upgrade my russian knights to cossack even if I were supposed to according to the civilopedia. Not knowing better I just started building cossacks and disbanded my old knights. Later I found that a patch(one of the early ones) corrected this problem. I still had an old save game so I could test it and it worked just fine.

Check your patch level. 1.29f is the latest civ3 patch.
Old January 14, 2003, 08:50   #6
The Moose
Settler

patch
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
In one of my first games I was pissed because I couldn't upgrade my russian knights to cossack even if I were supposed to according to the civilopedia. Not knowing better I just started building cossacks and disbanded my old knights. Later I found that a patch(one of the early ones) corrected this problem. I still had an old save game so I could test it and it worked just fine.

Check your patch level. 1.29f is the latest civ3 patch.
unfortunately bought the german version and there's no 1.29f patch......although this patch might be included in the PTW. Is this correct?
Old January 14, 2003, 09:37   #7
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

1.21f is the latest german patch. Try that one first. If I remember correctly that will correct the problem.

I don't have PTW but from what I've read here some things are fixed from the beginning while others still need patching.
Old January 14, 2003, 10:19   #8
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

AFAIK all the unit upgrades are OK in my (European) 1.14 PTW.