Old January 14, 2003, 12:46   #1
rippk
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Exiting MP - should be easier
Firaxis REALLY needs an "end game" option for Multiplayer, especially internet games. Once one player leaves, it takes forever for the second player to exit the game because of all the recalulations, destroying of cities, etc. Situation is worse if it's the host that exits first, because then the server has to switch over as well. It's very irritating to have to wait like 5 minutes (on a slow machine yes) just to end a game!!!

I've had some success in doing a simultaneous exit of all players ... but it has to be timed so perfectly that it's very difficult to pull off.

Need another option besides just 'exit'. Need a "save and end MP game" option. that would help things quite a bit. Maybe even get more than 10 people online playing this game! lol
Old January 26, 2003, 20:46   #2
rippk
Chieftain

anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?
It's very annoying to have to wait 10 minutes after exiting game before things get back to normal.
Old January 26, 2003, 22:04   #3
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

No offense, chum, but I think this may partially be your machine- or the size of the game you are playing? I think the longest I've had to wait for a recalc after a player exited was 30 seconds, and that was on a huge map.

Drop by the Gamespy lobby on Saturday nights... I know for a fact there's more than 10 folks, and that's just counting the ladder players!
Old January 26, 2003, 22:54   #4
rippk
Chieftain

the two computers are PIII 500mhz. Server running on a T1 and other player on DSL. That should be enough! Maps are large size. 40-50 cities for each player.

Ah gamespy, so no one uses the in game system? I never see more than 8 games goign at a time there. lol

Last edited by rippk; January 27, 2003 at 14:18.