Old January 14, 2003, 22:53   #1
TheSettler
Settler

Local Time: 14:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Swapping colors in game
Ok i haven't played civ 3 in a long time. I went to install it this evening and when i went to play it i started out as rome. Well when it started my settler was blue and when i built a city myt color went from blue to red and then back to blue. The city name plate was red and the cultural border was black. Throught the game my colors will flash from red to blue and back consistantly.

So i downloaded the patch and applied that with no help it still would swap colors. I unistalled and installed it again and then installed the patch without playing and still had the same issue.

I play a lot of games and have never had an issue with any other games. I downloaded and installed the latest directX and it still happens. I reinstalled my video drivesr and it still happens. Again i can play empire earth, daoc, Army operations, sim golf and a number of other games without any problems what so ever.

The ONLY thing that is different from the last time i had it installed is the video card. I was running a 3DFX Voodoo 3000 and now i got a Nvidia GForce2 MX 200 (yeah i'm poor can't afford a new card, i've had this for almost a yer though)

So anybody got any idea's on how this issue can be resolved?

Any help would be great thanks.
TheSettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2003, 02:21   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I have never heard of this particular problem I'm affraid.

Maybe one of the options on the Nvidia card? Try using more/less colors...
alva is offline   Reply With Quote