Old January 14, 2003, 23:11   #1
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 10:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Communication From Home
The most powerful nation on Earth, Apolytonia, needs your help! Due to some very strange alterations to the space time continuum undertaken by the University, it appears that history is being re-written! In fact, the very U.N. mission that sent colonists to Apolytonia is now being jeopardized by a sizeable faction of warmongers who will take earth to the brink of destruction!

Based on our studies of the effects of the University's experiments, we beleive that if you were to construct a machine based on these plans you would be able to visit the Senate of Apolytonia at the turn of the 20th century and vote for the DIA party which so adamantly supported your mission! We beleive the turning point to be certain elections, in which:

Arnelos (President)
MrMitchell (SMC)
Thud (FAM)

were supposed to emerge victorious! We urge you to construct this machine and vote for them as Apolytonian Senators!

OCC: I know that I have not been the most active of citizens here, but I am going to be gradually more and more involved here. (Some of you may remember the pleasure of voting against me for Science Minister a while ago)
Old January 14, 2003, 23:46   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quite possibly the greatest thread and post I have ever seen! Well done Thud.

Although, brother Peacekeepers, I personally would not have voted for all of these candidates and it is my knowledge that my ancestor who lived during those times indeed did not...

And as we all know, records are hazy from this period, possibly due to a number of wars...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 15, 2003, 05:26   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 14:25
we as the UNP has something called the prime directorive....oh no....what that is star trek never mind then.....wait a bloody minute one of my great great great grandfathers was an apolyton citizen too.....:hmm:
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 15, 2003, 18:19   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:25
so you want us to go and vote in elections we know nothing about? good try, but not a chance. tacticus, if you may...
Old January 15, 2003, 18:56   #5
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Hey, all you have to do is read up in the datalinks to see the results and issues of the election. They shouldn't have been effected... yet.
Old January 15, 2003, 20:18   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:25
This is nothing short of ridiculous. We are here now, which means that whatever wasmeant to happen to bring about our existence in fact did happen. Any timeline in which it did not would not affect us.

However, I don't think I shall close this thread quite yet. Perhaps I shall send it to the C3DGers and see what their reaction is to DIA attempts at election fixing...

Old January 15, 2003, 21:13   #7
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
I'm glad I got out of the C3DG before I got desperate enough to do something like this . . .
Old January 15, 2003, 22:18   #8
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:25
Plans for a machine to go back to the 20th century, eh...

*begins gathering some "gear" and starts searching the datalinks for information on Yang's ancestors*

I, er, might be gone for a little while
Old January 16, 2003, 03:31   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Quite possibly the greatest thread and post I have ever seen! Well done Thud.
[pops in]

Thud, you did an excellent job with this.

[pops out]
Old January 16, 2003, 03:34   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Actually, you've made a mistake - you've given us the perfect blackmail tool. How do you think the citizens will react to your admission that you conspired with Thud to fix the elections?
Old January 16, 2003, 03:34   #11
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Old January 16, 2003, 04:10   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Actually, you've made a mistake - you've given us the perfect blackmail tool. How do you think the citizens will react to your admission that you conspired with Thud to fix the elections?
Conspired?

I posted here because I was told about Thud's posting by another member (who was told by Thud). I wanted to see just what Thud posted here. I happen to agree with others that it's fabulous

So, apparently, word is already getting around.

I'm guessing Thud already knew that word travels fast on Apolyton when he posted it.

Last edited by Arnelos; January 16, 2003 at 04:18.
Old January 16, 2003, 04:19   #13
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I see you're already trying to change history. Won't work though - took a screenshot of your post before you edited it
Old January 16, 2003, 10:45   #14
Thud
Prince

See! The University is already beginning to effect your existance here! Your timeline is soon to disappear, or at least drastically changed. Who knows, you may somehow wake up as drones in Yang's service!
Old January 16, 2003, 10:50   #15
Thud
Prince

On another note, the continuum has shifted even more rapidly than expected! Without your help, Thud was narrowly edged and MrMitchell suffered a defeat! Indeed, even Arnelos, recorded as one of the greatest Presidents in Apolytonian history, is in a run-off election. You must vote for him before it is too late!
Old January 16, 2003, 15:50   #16
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
I see you're already trying to change history. Won't work though - took a screenshot of your post before you edited it

As I noted above, you don't honestly think that anyone would post what Thud posted without KNOWING it would get back to the Civ3DG do you?

It was obviously planned for, since word travels so fast on Apolyton

Thud is providing a public service by trying to raise involvement in the Civ3DG. (though I admit that SMAC is a better game than Civ3 - I spent 5 months on the official SMAC website as one of the leading posters before the game came out... I don't participate in the SMAC-DG because the Civ3DG has sucked up too much time!)
Old January 16, 2003, 19:18   #17
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:25
well word spread quickly after i leaked it to spiffor
Old January 16, 2003, 21:32   #18
Thud
Prince

Whew, well its a good thing we already bribed Spiffor--- doh!