Old January 15, 2003, 03:24   #1
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 16:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Organisation for Defense of Sovereign Nations
The statesmen of Suomi, Jackson and Sovietskii Soyuz have now signed an agreement that a new defensive coalition called Organisation for Defense of Sovereign Nations has been established to promote peace and stability in the region and to help countries that are under oppression and that need military support to defend themselves. Our first task on our first agenda is to quell the rebels and to back the Tassadarian government. This new coalition is only a military coalition for now, but new dimensions can be excavated later on. We welcome any of our neighbouring countries in the region to have dicussions with us in the case they want to join or need help. We will not promise anything yet, but we are interested in co-operating with others that share our interests for stability and peace in the region.
Old January 15, 2003, 03:32   #2
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Holy Empire of Sheepsta will join this if asked. As it has been found out we were futher misinformed about the late rebel movement in our neighbour
Old January 15, 2003, 03:34   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:26
such wild shifts in diplomatic matters are not the mark of a trustworthy nation.
Old January 15, 2003, 03:36   #4
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Hey i am a dictator what did you expect
Old January 15, 2003, 03:40   #5
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:26
I highly doubt we can trust SHeeptsa, but who knows.
As for Ubinia, we are putting you on notice that if we find that you supported the rebels, if will be considered an act of war on United States of Jackson.
Old January 15, 2003, 03:44   #6
Sheep
King

I really don;t think Ubina is going to be worriued about Jackson but hey!
Old January 15, 2003, 03:49   #7
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 16:26
Suomi is also concerned about the situation in Ubinia and the possible links to rebels, so we send an official letter to the Ubinian government, in which we clearly urge them to abstain from maintaining any contact with the rebels. We also warn the country of Redfern to get involved as they already have enough trouble because of their links to Ubinia. We want peace, but we use war to enforce peace, if it's necessary.
Old January 15, 2003, 04:16   #8
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

With a few conditions, the parliment of Zoran agrees to enter the coalition.

First: The Sovietskii Soyuz will clarify their relationship with Akiria and Admaria vis-a-vis the Pacifist pact to the satisfaction of the Premier.

Second: Zoran will never be forced to create a military as part of Coalition duties.

Third: All member nations of the coalition must sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty as well as the pledge to keep a policy of no first strike use of nuclear weapons.

4th. While Coalition forces will be allowed to be garrisoned on Zoran land, they do so only at the pleasure of the Government and may be asked to leave at any time.
Old January 15, 2003, 07:10   #9
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:26
The Republic of Centralis would like to apply unconditionally for membership, although we may later wish to expand this coalition into a free trade agreement as well.

If our membership is accepted, we will immediately commit our quite substantial military forces to restoring the legitimate government of the Sovietskii Soyuz to power and the defeat of this dangerous insurrection. Our air force is currently on alert and awaits authorization to enter the Sovietskii war.

UPDATE: The Centralis General Staff, upon further appraisal of the situation in Sovietskii, has decided to commit forces to the war whether or not our application is acccepted. Our bombs are already falling on UBM encampments in Mockba, and we are busy flying troops into the country via Tassagrad airport.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 15, 2003 at 07:29.
Old January 15, 2003, 07:14   #10
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 14:26
the president of sheathed word is curious about what agreements are made if he wishes to join. because at the moment sheathed word doesnt have an army and hasnt got any known enemies why would it be in the best interest of our country to join
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 15, 2003, 07:31   #11
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

If you have no miltiary, all the more reason to join, because those members who do will defend you if you are attacked.
Old January 15, 2003, 07:34   #12
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yes nut joining would make me enemies of the enemies of other members...and we dont see why that would help us....and because of the recently opened up tradeline with several countries we will soon be able to spend a small portion of our BNP on a defencive force
Old January 15, 2003, 07:37   #13
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

You mean GNP, surely?

In any case, this is a defensive alliance. It would only be involved in clear cases of attack on a member state.
Old January 15, 2003, 07:42   #14
DeathByTheSword
King

well enlight of the Big war in the CFC region our president will consider joining the alliance. and yes i ment GNP
Old January 15, 2003, 12:10   #15
swc200
Settler

The Dominion of Nobodz would like to apply for membership. When our membership is accepted, our small but well trained armed forces will be available to support the coalition.

Every sovereign nation should be free from both external and internal military threats.
Old January 15, 2003, 17:31   #16
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Zoran: The pacifist alliance is not an alliance in this sense, merely a pledge from Akiria that we will defent any nation that is attacked, that has signed up to pacifism.

Quote:
As for Ubinia, we are putting you on notice that if we find that you supported the rebels, if will be considered an act of war on United States of Jackson.
Any act of unprovoked war upon Ubinia will be met with resistance by Akiria. The court will decide if Ubinia has acted wrongly vis-a-vis supplying the terrorists. Any nation attacking Ubinia for its supposed supporting of rebels, is an unprovoked attack upon a free nation, and will be met with like force by Akiria. If F.I.R., the victim of rebel actions, is able to go through mediation with Ubinia, there is no reason for any other nation to attack Ubinia.

Quote:
We want peace, but we use war to enforce peace, if it's necessary.
Enforced peace is very rarely stable. Akiria warns other nations against enforcing peace, unless they, or their allies, are attacked.

Quote:
we will immediately commit our quite substantial military forces to restoring the legitimate government of the Sovietskii Soyuz to power and the defeat of this dangerous insurrection.
Many a drop of blood has been spilt in the defense of 'Legitimacy'. Why are they rebelling? Akiria would need to know the facts, before embarking crushing any uprising, especially one in a nation with "average" (IIRC) political freedom. The6y could have felt they were not being listened to, and have legitimate concerns. I do not know, and would like the facts before we decalre the rebels to be out of order.

Akiria agrees with the aims of "stability and peace in the region", but will not join a military alliance. We will remain neutral in most cases, and do not wish to see peace bought with a knife. Enforced peace is very shaky, and should only be attempted when that nation is invading others. That is the opinion of the people of Akiria.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 15, 2003, 18:28   #17
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Unprovoked?! There has been a NUCLEAR attack in Tassagrad and millions may be dead. Thats hardly not unprovoked.
By Ubinia? I did not think Ubinia had that capability, nor that they would use it. It is a very serious charge, and would only agree with it if it were ratified by evidence.

Quote:
Does this mean you do not recognize the Sovietskii government as the legitanmate government?
No, it means we believe that the 'legitimacy' is not the be all and end all. benevolence, and good for the country is more important, and I do not know the rebels views, disagreements, or terms. I would need to know those before I committed Akiria to defeating them.

Quote:
Your memory does not serve you well as we are classified as "Superb" political freedom.
I am sorry, I could not find your nation, so looked at the welcome thread. Thank you for the correction.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 15, 2003, 18:38   #18
DeathByTheSword
King

the president of sheathed word would like to join on the following demands:

1. we will not be asked/ordered to join into a war with a nation outside of this region

2. we will not be asked/ordered to join into a war with a nation friendly to us
Old January 15, 2003, 20:37   #19
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Many a drop of blood has been spilt in the defense of 'Legitimacy'. Why are they rebelling? Akiria would need to know the facts, before embarking crushing any uprising, especially one in a nation with "average" (IIRC) political freedom. The6y could have felt they were not being listened to, and have legitimate concerns. I do not know, and would like the facts before we decalre the rebels to be out of order.
They are busy massacring civilians all over Ubinia, and it was reported that when the nuclear device detonated in Tassagrad they began dancing in the streets. Hardly qualifies as a legitimate insurrection in our book.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 15, 2003 at 20:52.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:09   #20
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 02:26
Pasiphae would like to enter this coalition on one condition: Our forces are not used with out the Pasiphae government's agreement!
Old January 16, 2003, 00:40   #21
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Lies, all lies!

If a nuke was detonated in the streets of Tassagrad, why would anyone be dancing? They would be dieing. I am not saying that the government of Sovietski whatever is lying, but perhaps they interpreted the action of dying by the civilians as one of dancing.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:43   #22
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Although it seems we have not yet been officially accepted into this organization, we would like to call attention to this statement by the government of New Elysium:

Quote:
New Elysium supports the revolution. We support anything against the status quo. Viva la Revolucion! Even as we speak, Elysium volunteer troops are inflitrating across the borders, cutting telephone and power lines, and spreading funny money.
This is clearly an act of war against the People's Republic of Sovietskii Soyuz and thus it si the duty of this alliance to repulse the Elysian invasion.

Quote:
Lies, all lies!

If a nuke was detonated in the streets of Tassagrad, why would anyone be dancing? They would be dieing. I am not saying that the government of Sovietski whatever is lying, but perhaps they interpreted the action of dying by the civilians as one of dancing.
This is the rebels, not the civilians.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:45   #23
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Rebels are civilians. They just have guns.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:52   #24
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Once cannot be both a civilian and blasting away at government troops and anyone that gets in your way at the same time. 'Rebel' is just a term for what side you're on.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:57   #25
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We would like to put to a vote all nations wishing to join our alliance. For all to know any member nation can veto your appilcation into the alliance. I would also like to disscuss the threats that have been coming form the CFC region toward Apolyton. We must be aware of this threat before taking any other actions. WE must be united to fight off any treats from the outside.
Old January 16, 2003, 01:03   #26
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Just to reiterate: The Republic of Centralis wishes to join this alliance and poses no conditions on doing so.
Old January 16, 2003, 01:20   #27
Sheep
King

The Holy Empire of Sheepsta wishes to be heard on the matter of the CFC region. The Lord Protector has forged many close links with CFC Region states, and wishes to remain at peace with them. According to this we declare neutrality along with our sister nation Sheep Springs in the CFC if any action should occur.
Old January 16, 2003, 01:30   #28
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

BRING IT!

A speech by the Prime Minister of the Republic is now being aired on all major TV channels.

'A dark cloud has settled over the region of Apolyton. War has come to us, and we will respond in the harshest facion. We have found it necessary to take measures of increasing stringency, not only against enemy aliens and suspicious characters of other nationalities, but also against New Elysium subjects who may become a danger or a nuisance should the war be transported to New Elysium. I know there are a great many people affected by the orders which we have made who are the passionate enemies of Nazi Sovietskii. I am very sorry for them, but we cannot, at the present time and under the present stress, draw all the distinctions which we should like to do. If parachute landings were attempted and fierce fighting attendant upon them followed, these unfortunate people would be far better out of the way, for their own sakes as well as for ours. There is, however, another class, for which I feel not the slightest sympathy. Parliament has given us the powers to put down Fifth Column activities with a strong hand, and we shall use those powers subject to the supervision and correction of the House, without the slightest hesitation until we are satisfied, and more than satisfied, that this malignancy in our midst has been effectively stamped out.

Turning once again, and this time more generally, to the question of invasion, I would observe that there has never been a period in all these long centuries of which we boast when an absolute guarantee against invasion, still less against serious raids, could have been given to our people. In the days of Napoleon the same wind which would have carried his transports across the Channel might have driven away the blockading fleet. There was always the chance, and it is that chance which has excited and befooled the imaginations of many Continental tyrants. Many are the tales that are told. We are assured that novel methods will be adopted, and when we see the originality of malice, the ingenuity of aggression, which our enemy displays, we may certainly prepare ourselves for every kind of novel stratagem and every kind of brutal and treacherous maneuver. I think that no idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered and viewed with a searching, but at the same time, I hope, with a steady eye. We must never forget the solid assurances of sea power and those which belong to air power if it can be locally exercised.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The Republic of New Elysium the Holy Empire of Sheepsta, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of Apolyton and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Sovietskii rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the Holy Empire of Sheepsta, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Republic beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the New Elysium Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

I am now calling up all reserves and members of our compulsory military service. They are to report to local army depots for equipment. Thank you, and may the ancestors of our great nation come to our aid in this desperate hour.'
Old January 16, 2003, 01:35   #29
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

The Republic of Centralis denounces the blatant power grab committed by the Elysian government against it's own citizens and of it's ridiculous allegations against the victims it's own aggression.
Old January 16, 2003, 01:46   #30
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

The government of New Elysium is grateful that its enemy's actions against it are restricted to blowing hot air. It's easy to talk, but everyone in Apolyton can see that this is just bullying by an Imperial country.