Old February 24, 2003, 05:52   #361
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Security forces realise that 1-1-1(police) units are no match for Pan's 6-1-2(AAA) units. And die.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 24, 2003, 05:52   #362
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The change in terminology had no effect on a law which explicitly states, in it's opening sentences, that it overrides any and all laws that may be passed by regional governments (such as name changes).
Old February 24, 2003, 05:54   #363
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Are we what?

As our debates don't seem to be too popular, can I reccommend a book to all CCCP regulars? Say "Yea"

-Jam
Old February 24, 2003, 05:56   #364
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Go ahead
Old February 24, 2003, 05:57   #365
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
I have Justice Immunity, I dont care !
(Aside) Add flagrant disrespect for UN law while serving in a judicial post to the charge list, secretary.

Now... your judicial position provides no immunity whatsoever against criminal prosecution, particularly when one of the crimes of which you are being accused is treason.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:00   #366
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

(Aside) Add flagrant disrespect for UN law while serving in a judicial post to the charge list, secretary.

Now... your judicial position provides no immunity whatsoever against criminal prosecution, particularly when one of the crimes of which you are being accused is treason.
Im not accused of treason but of conspiracy
And my seat of Justice makes me irresponsible for whichever crime committed, I can only be impeached to be trialable
Old February 24, 2003, 06:01   #367
Jamski
Deity

OK, if you haven't read it then anyone interested in the "conflict" between Cap and Comm should read "The Dispossed" by Ursula LeGuin. Its also SF, so anyone interested in the SMACDG, is a natural reader of this book.

Two planets are in a twin orbit. Each sees the other as its "moon" One is completely idealistic communistic anarchistic, and the other is completely idealistic, capitalistic, free-market-tastic. Of course, one scientist on the communist planet has a new invention. And the capitalists want to buy it.

This is a real classic of 60s SciFi. And both sides get fair treatment. And theres a bit of sex too, for the dicerning reader.

-Jam
Old February 24, 2003, 06:03   #368
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Conspiracy to commit treason (not to mention mass murder) is legally the same as treason itself.

And as for your claim that being a Justice makes you imune to arrest... nope, sorry (well, I'm not really sorry...), it doesn't. Nothing in the constitution about anyone being given immunity due to their position.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:07   #369
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:29
Quote:
The change in terminology had no effect on a law which explicitly states, in it's opening sentences, that it overrides any and all laws that may be passed by regional governments (such as name changes).
Jedinica is not merely a region. It is a federal entity on its own. Your federal laws do not apply on us in our Peacekeeping confederate system of two communities: the Pholus Federation (Jedinica and Solaris), and the subconcordian Freshwater Federation.
/me starts funding seperatist movements.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:10   #370
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I would like to kindly ask the Govenror of the Jedinica Vrijstaat Region to kindly stop pulling non-existent facts out of the lower end of his digestive tract and accept that he has no right to interfere in a federal security investigation, particularly one related to an assassination attempt against the High Commisioner.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:11   #371
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
OK, if you haven't read it then anyone interested in the "conflict" between Cap and Comm should read "The Dispossed" by Ursula LeGuin.
I'll check it out when I go to the library in an hour. Always interested in good writers, as I've read about all the books of the current authors I read.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:14   #372
Jamski
Deity

Well, you have to read Ursula LeGuin. She's one of the only writers to win both the Hugo and Nebula prizes for the same book, twice ! (for this one, and for "The Left Hand of Darkness" )

-Jam
Old February 24, 2003, 06:18   #373
Maniac

Quote:
I would like to kindly ask the Governor of the Jedinica Vrijstaat Region to kindly stop pulling non-existent facts out of the lower end of his digestive tract
Hello? What have you been doing with that "UN High Council Internal Security Act of MY 2202"? If you're starting with that tone...

Quote:
particularly one related to an assassination attempt against the High Commisioner.
You were being searched in relation to your still ongoing off-topic activities in the CCCP HQ. Please report yourself to the security forces then.
/me sends the AAA 6-<3>-1*2 missile infanterists to the hardly defended Centralis region and occupies all bases.
Let's quit it all right?
Old February 24, 2003, 06:39   #374
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Hello? What have you been doing with that "UN High Council Internal Security Act of MY 2202"? If you're starting with that tone...
Statement retracted.

Quote:
You were being searched in relation to your still ongoing off-topic activities in the CCCP HQ. Please report yourself to the security forces then.
I was leaving CCCP HQ of my own accord after ebing asked to leave, before troops were sent in to forcibly evict me. This is not a crime under any aspect of UN law. And it should be noted that sending a illegal military unit out after a civilian passenger jet most definitely constitues a crime.

Quote:
Let's quit it all right?
Why? We have Pan here admitting that he tried to commit treason and mass murder and burshing it off by sayinh he's immune, and then we have you going to absurd lengths to protect him from prosecution. Why don't you just admit that what he did was illega and hand him over?
Old February 24, 2003, 06:46   #375
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Oh, and...

Quote:
Jedinica is not merely a region. It is a federal entity on its own. Your federal laws do not apply on us in our Peacekeeping confederate system of two communities: the Pholus Federation (Jedinica and Solaris), and the subconcordian Freshwater Federation.
The UN federal government has authority over all territory in the UN, regardless of whether or not ti chooses to call itself a 'Free State', 'Province', 'Region', or 'independant federal entity'. If we did not, then we would have two governemnts, not one, and we don't.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:46   #376
Maniac

Quote:
Well, you have to read Ursula LeGuin. She's one of the only writers to win both the Hugo and Nebula prizes for the same book, twice ! (for this one, and for "The Left Hand of Darkness" )

-Jam
The problem I have with SF classics from decades back is that I find it quite hard to keep up the suspension of disbelief. Their future view seems "outdated" when having the societal evolutions from the last decades in mind. I hope it's different with this writer...
Old February 24, 2003, 06:51   #377
Jamski
Deity

Believe me. This book is the best Really visionary. Its set millions of years in the future, so you don't have to worry about predictions of 2001. And its quite "dry" in tone. The setting is only a small part of the story, and there's no kill-o-zap lazers or anything cheesey. This is easily as good as "Foundation and Earth", and deals with the same themes of collectivism vs individulism.

-Jam
Old February 24, 2003, 06:52   #378
Maniac

Quote:
I was leaving CCCP HQ of my own accord after ebing asked to leave, before troops were sent in to forcibly evict me.
And now you have returned to the CCCP so you could be arrested again...
DROP THE ISSUE!! I'm fed up with these personal attacks. It was some fun to play a little RP in order to get the discussion from the CCCP to the debate room thread, but it's just childish to go on and on about this RP issue using it in your personal vendetta against Pandemoniak.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:54   #379
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

All right then, I suppose we all get a bit carried away.
Old February 24, 2003, 06:58   #380
Maniac

Quote:
Oh, and... The UN federal government has authority over all territory in the UN, regardless of whether or not ti chooses to call itself a 'Free State', 'Province', 'Region', or 'independant federal entity'. If we did not, then we would have two governemnts, not one, and we don't.
I don't give a damn!
Old February 24, 2003, 07:00   #381
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I thought you wanted to end the flame war?
Old February 24, 2003, 07:01   #382
Maniac

I hadn't read your message above. Just making clear that Jedinican federacy was pure RP nonsense, and I am not interested in creating some RP war like with the child labour incident, which was really just about personal differences.
Old February 24, 2003, 07:02   #383
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

We all make that mistake.
Old February 25, 2003, 04:14   #384
Jamski
Deity

OK, back to business. I'd like to point out that in the soon to be released MoO3, the collectivist "governments" are superior to the capitalist ones. As this is a game, it is clearly a good reason to support a communist society. What could be more clear.

-Jam
Old February 25, 2003, 04:21   #385
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

...? I've got your starting claim (which should, btw, be amended to say that they are superior when they actually work at all), but I don't see how the fact that one game other than this considers collectivism to be superior if it can be made tow ork properly means that a collectivist society is always a good idea.
Old February 27, 2003, 09:11   #386
Jamski
Deity

Because games are more important than RL.

And I had to post something to stop the CCCP being on the second page. Ruddy democratic elections... grrr.

-Jam
Old February 27, 2003, 09:14   #387
Cedayon
King

Local Time: 09:29
Quote:
Because games are more important than RL.

Quote:
And I had to post something to stop the CCCP being on the second page. Ruddy democratic elections... grrr.
Yes, this whole "we-need-to-be-voted-for" business is terribly incovienient... hmm, I know I put that crown somewhere around here...
Old February 27, 2003, 09:20   #388
Jamski
Deity

More useful is the accompianing sword, IMHO.

-Jam
Old February 27, 2003, 09:21   #389
Cedayon
King

Local Time: 09:29
Quote:
More useful is the accompianing sword, IMHO.
I agree, but I've already got those at hand
Old February 27, 2003, 09:38   #390
Jamski
Deity

Although the sharp bits of the crown, together with its weight, combine to give a lovely "ninja star" effect.

Useful at breakfast time too.

-Jam