Old January 18, 2003, 22:02   #31
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
loin...

I have a capital one card and its great. I pay my balances online. I have the payment hooked into one of my bank accounts. In nearly 5 years of having a credit card I've paid 0 interest and 0 finance charges... MUHAHAH

Credit cards are great things if you can control yourself.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:12   #32
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
I have a capital one card and its great.
That's the same ****ing place that I got my card! God I hate those *******s. Once they gave me a bogus charge, and I sent my usual "Wrap around my ass" letter in response, and they said "Oh, just kidding, don't pay that bogus charge, ha ha." Next bill I got didn't have the charge on it, but, get this, it had interest on it for the non-existent charge (plus a late fee for my not having paid the non-existent charge)! God I was pissed. I actually called customer service that time (in addition to my "Wrap around my ass" letter) to ***** them out.

I try to use my Discover card whenever I can, since they're not *******s. ****ing Capital One...
Old January 18, 2003, 22:13   #33
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

I've never had any problems with them, but then again I'm not lazy, I pay my bill on time
Old January 18, 2003, 22:16   #34
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That particular bogus charge was for my paying $515 for books (textbooks are too damned expensive) when I only had a credit limit of $500. They sent me a kind letter saying "Oh, hey, you overdrew your credit by $15, and rather than just reject the charges and let you pay for that last book in cash, we decided to charge you a fifty dollar fee instead! Because we're *******s! Bwahahahahaha!"
Old January 18, 2003, 22:17   #35
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 14:34
Sava is correct,loin is a lout.

Such an attitude as 'i'll ring in and swear' or ' I'll write in with an offensive letter' just isnt washing anyway, Certiainly not in England. A few years ago, the fools of this earth realised they could adopt this attitude with the service industry and get rewarded for it. Things have changed, mainly because people didnt want to do these jobs, so they changed them. Go ahead, ring up your credit card company and swear, you'll more than likely get hung up on.

I'm sorry Asher but the whole point of these companies catering for customers such as yourself is to 'sting' you with this sort of this. They are a business aimed to make a profit. Furthermore, it's not like someone has personally looked at your check and decided, ah , we'll charge interest. It will be just done on computer, no one at the office is thinking 'Asher has been charged interest for a change this month' , No-one really has a clue.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:17   #36
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Old January 18, 2003, 22:19   #37
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rothy
Sava is correct,loin is a lout.
Yes, how dare I get upset for a 1100% interest charge. I am indeed a terrible human being.

**** off. And wrap around my ass.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:20   #38
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

that's right, being against an interest charge like that means you're a pinko commie bast4rd!
Old January 18, 2003, 22:20   #39
Worthingtons
Prince

And as for Capital one, they are a VERY sneaky company. The whole business is aware of them. They have different interest rates for different customers :/
Old January 18, 2003, 22:23   #40
Worthingtons
Prince

Indeed! Commie sewage is not acceptable.
But it's him i pity, since his only capable response is 'wrap around my ass' he cant be very intelligent
Old January 18, 2003, 22:26   #41
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
But it's him i pity, since his only capable response is 'wrap around my ass' he cant be very intelligent
Apparently you missed the whole "1100% interest charge" comment. Not that I can really blame you, you semi-literate piece of **** mother****ing *******.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:30   #42
Worthingtons
Prince

At times of conflict , the intelligent come back with comments to make thier opponent look daft.
The thick come out with swearing, and make themselves look daft.

What's guessing that, if the swear filter hadnt kicked it, it would have been your english looking more questionable.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:37   #43
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
And the mentally deficient mother****ing piece of **** *******s come out with flippancy since they lack the necessary mental functionality to devise a suitably intelligent response. Rather than devise a valid attack they come out laughing and hope that the world laughs with them even though they never bothered to make a ****ing joke. Eat **** and die, you worthless excuse for a human being. And wrap around my ass while you're at it.

Quote:
What's guessing that, if the swear filter hadnt kicked it, it would have been your english looking more questionable.
Maybe I should have pulled a Rothy, and said "Lol, Rothy, that limey bastard, he sure thinks he's funny, but he's not! He's a dummyface! Lol!" Since apparently flippancy is superior to validity in your dismal narrow little world...
Old January 18, 2003, 22:37   #44
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 08:34
Wutang!
Old January 18, 2003, 22:39   #45
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Is for the children!
Old January 18, 2003, 22:45   #46
Worthingtons
Prince

Loin, i dont think you understand. I was not laughing at any Joke that i made(since thats a rather annoying thing for one to do anyway), I was, and still am laughing at you. I do actually find it quite funny when you throw your toys out of the pram.
Old January 18, 2003, 22:52   #47
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I was, and still am laughing at you.
I understood you the first time, you worthless piece of **** -- don't go trying to dress up your mentally deficient antics ("I wasn't being flippant, I was actually being quite humorous! Or humourous! Seriously!"). If you can't understand that I was Pissed At An 1100% Interest Charge, then I pity your poor unfortunate intellect (or lack thereof). Or, alternatively, I pity your Inability To Understand The Value of a Dollar (or Pound). Either way, you're a worthless excuse for a human being.
Old January 18, 2003, 23:08   #48
Worthingtons
Prince

I saw you're 1100% interest comment the first time. I dont question you as much for being annoyed but for your attitude towards the companies. Does the person who recieves your Letter/phone call calculate your bill?? of course not. The computer calculates your bill. you're mindless attitude will no dought only annoy most people into not helping you.

You're repeating yourself, and repeating me too, you can do that all night long if you have no new points, but I have better things to do than have a pointless flaming argument with you. So go on - have the last word if you wish.
Old January 18, 2003, 23:19   #49
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
So go on - have the last word if you wish.
Suits me -- Eat **** and die, you judgmental piece of **** mother****er. Do you have a ****ing transcript of my telephone conversation? Were you there to hear my "Can I speak to your manager, my beef isn't with you" statement at the beginning of my bout with customer service? I thought not, you worthless ****wit -- you assumed the worst just so that you could take your ill-conceived "holier than thou" stance, just like you're doing now with your "I'm too much of a chickenshit to back up my insults, so I'm going to withdraw now and pretend that I've got the moral high ground despite all evidence to the contrary" comment quoted up above. Grow some testicles and be prepared to defend your insults the next time you get the bright idea to attack somebody based on half-assed conjectures and poorly inferred assumptions, you pathetic excuse for human being. You're dismissed.
Old January 19, 2003, 05:39   #50
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
That particular bogus charge was for my paying $515 for books (textbooks are too damned expensive) when I only had a credit limit of $500. They sent me a kind letter saying "Oh, hey, you overdrew your credit by $15, and rather than just reject the charges and let you pay for that last book in cash, we decided to charge you a fifty dollar fee instead! Because we're *******s! Bwahahahahaha!"
that happened to me twice (except I was over by some smaller ammount, $5)

I did not call them up or anything, and recently when I applied for a credit card they said they would not take me because of going over the credit limit

Jon Miller
Old January 19, 2003, 06:06   #51
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
And with that, Loin just entered my "Do not piss off" list.

Wutang!

Quote:
Look, why havent you paid your bill with electronic banking systems?? Have you not heard of a direct debit?? or is Canada too backwards to have them or something!?!?!
Interestingly, if Rothy had read all the thread, he would have seen on page 1 that Asher could pay over the internet and had only just found out. It doesn't pay to chew people out before you have all the facts.
Old January 19, 2003, 06:14   #52
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 07:34
Blisterz gives me my first 'Poly quotable sig, now Loin gives me my first 'Poly funny-as-hell sig...

"Yes, how dare I get upset for a 1100% interest charge. I am indeed a terrible human being.

**** off. And wrap around my ass."

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old January 19, 2003, 06:45   #53
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 15:34
Quote:
At times of conflict , the intelligent come back with comments to make thier opponent look daft.

Rothy- if you plan on continuing to comment on the English of others I advise getting your posts checked by one who speaks it as their first language. That last single paragraph contains three clear grammatical errors and what looks like a typo. That's in just 18 words.

In times of conflict, the intelligent usually attempt to avoid kicking themselves in the arse....
Old January 19, 2003, 06:52   #54
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Do we?
Old January 19, 2003, 09:49   #55
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
More. More blood. Teeth flying. Bones breaking. Aaargh.

More.
Old January 19, 2003, 10:10   #56
spartak
King

Enough already.
Old January 19, 2003, 10:25   #57
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
that happened to me twice (except I was over by some smaller ammount, $5)

I did not call them up or anything, and recently when I applied for a credit card they said they would not take me because of going over the credit limit
That's why I try to clear up all of my bogus charges, even when it seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. I am blissfully unaware of my credit rating, and I hope that I stay that way.
Old January 19, 2003, 10:51   #58
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Taz
Enough already.
Oh...go post some pretty pictures, ya APOD freak.
Old January 19, 2003, 12:19   #59
spartak
King

Old January 19, 2003, 13:39   #60
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I always have two credit cards-- One visa and one mastercard in case I encounter a vendor that does not take one or the other. One is a no-fee variety while the other has a small annual fee but gives a variety of benefits such as airmiles. Often these progams are not worthwhile but if you have enough business expenses, they can really pay off-- I can get a flight to Hawaii just on my credit card charges from the last year.

Other things in this thread

1 Rothy seems to delight in criticizing others. Do not feed the troll

2. Loinburger has a temper but is funny.
3. There are things about computers/ internet that Asher does not know.
4. Pay everything online. They will hit you with perhaps a day or two before they reflect the payment but thats all.

If I had a bogus charge that would not be reversed after dispute, I would just pay everything but that charge and close that account. AS loinburger or ming said though, usually the threat is enough.