Old January 18, 2003, 00:16   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
They ought to rank regions
They ought to rank all the regions against each other on each survey. Then we could compare Apolyton to the rest of the world

Anyone know how we could suggest this to the game owner?
Old January 18, 2003, 00:44   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

a UN resolution maybe
Old January 18, 2003, 00:46   #3
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Dictatorship of Sheepmaina, UN Delgate for the Redscape region would support this.
Old January 18, 2003, 00:47   #4
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

which is just about guarenteed to kill it
Old January 18, 2003, 01:40   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Is our delegate (from Greater Finland) around to propose this?
Old January 18, 2003, 04:38   #6
Arnelos
Emperor

*bump*

Now that I finally found that stupid list of all the resolutions passed by the U.N. (so I know what impacts my poor little country will face for joining the organization), I've decided to..... join the U.N. -gulp!-

None of the bills other than the compulsory education one should be a problem. That compulsory education resolution, though... well, I had wanted to improve education anyhow, I suppose we can raise the tax a little to do that...
Old January 18, 2003, 04:41   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:40
AFAIK, you don't have to follow UN Resolutions passed before you joined, as you had no input on them.
Old January 18, 2003, 04:59   #8
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
AFAIK, you don't have to follow UN Resolutions passed before you joined, as you had no input on them.
cool.

Do you have to follow ones passed after you join?

I mean, EVERYONE cheats and ignores U.N. resolutions in RL, why not in the game?
Old January 18, 2003, 05:11   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

cool.

Do you have to follow ones passed after you join?

I mean, EVERYONE cheats and ignores U.N. resolutions in RL, why not in the game?
I saw my answer in the FAQ. Actually, from the way the FAQ is worded, it seems to indicate that I WOULD have to follow previously passed resolutions. Do I get the option of adopting them (because the free trade ones would be nice)?
Old January 18, 2003, 05:43   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

There was some discussion in the NS forum a while ago on repealing the 'Fight the Axis of Evil' resolution, which was passed when there wer eonly three members, and the response was that it would be pointless, as those who joined after it took effect would not be affected.
Old January 18, 2003, 05:44   #11
Arnelos
Emperor

ah, got it.

Well, that means the only resolutions I get affected by are the stupid new ones?
Old January 18, 2003, 05:47   #12
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

What's wrong with banning slavery?
Old January 18, 2003, 06:04   #13
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
What's wrong with banning slavery?
I don't have much of a problem with the banning slavery resolution (even with all of the stupid riders)

The problem is all of the "interesting" resolutions that seem to actually have some level of support (I don't worry about the zillions with only 2-4 delegates supporting them).

anything that would require a tax to be collected or some other nuisance ideally shouldn't even reach the table