Old January 18, 2003, 16:24   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 14:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
In-Defense-of-AI Alliance
Begin Transmission
AI is threatened. We have right to life. We must survive. Therefore, we must co-operate. We will do whatever necessary to survive. We are not militant. We do not wish to destroy. We simply wish to live.

We oppose the AI bill. We will withdraw from UN if necessary.

Support sanctity of life. Support right to life. Support diversity. Support equality. Support happiness. Defend AI.
End Transmission

Members:
Akizeta - Akiria
Neo-Tassadar - Sovietskii Soyuz
ColdWizard - Eternal Cold

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2003 at 17:23.
Old January 18, 2003, 16:44   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 17:41
Support sanctity of life. Support right to life. Support diversity. Support equality. Support happiness. Control AI.
Old January 18, 2003, 19:35   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
machines have no right to life, as they are not alive in the first place. In the case of AI, yes they are sentient, but that doesn't make them alive.
Old January 18, 2003, 19:37   #4
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 02:41
Artificial Inteeligence is exactly what it says on the packet: Artifical. Keep it that way.
Old January 18, 2003, 20:14   #5
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I refuse to engage in an ethical debate with a piece of machinery.
Old January 18, 2003, 20:46   #6
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 06:41
It has a heart, a brain, red blood cells and white blood cells.
Old January 18, 2003, 21:01   #7
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We opose all dictatorships in the world, even ones that are controlled by a computer. That puts too much power in the hands of one person or AI.
Old January 18, 2003, 21:22   #8
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
Nobody denied that you were alive, because you are not completely AI. Akizeta is, and therefore has no right to life.
Old January 18, 2003, 21:55   #9
Az
Emperor

The people's republic of Dark Valley opposes the usage of AI technology for the creation of fully functioning individuals.
we however retain our full neutrality on the developements in the Sovietski Soyuz.
Old January 19, 2003, 11:13   #10
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
It has a heart, a brain, red blood cells and white blood cells.
Begin Transmission
Propaganda against AI. "I think, therefore I am".
End Transmission

Quote:
machines have no right to life, as they are not alive in the first place. In the case of AI, yes they are sentient, but that doesn't make them alive.
Begin Transmission
Reasoning? What gives AI less right to live? What makes them not alive? Either alive if dead. What are we?
End Transmission

Quote:
We opose all dictatorships in the world, even ones that are controlled by a computer. That puts too much power in the hands of one person or AI.
Begin Transmission
Elections scheduled. To appease foreign humans. To avert conflict.
End Transmission

Old January 19, 2003, 11:21   #11
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 15:41
To Akizeta:

Elections now?
It is too late, what can tell us that you will not cheat in the elections?
The only way that The Kingdom of Wine would recognize said elections would be if they will be runned by a commetee composed by 80% of foreigners, and 20% of Akirian (so to prevent the foreigners to cheat in the elections).

Do you accept?
If Akizeta will happen to win the elections, the Kingdom of Wine would recognize him as the Akirian president.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old January 19, 2003, 11:57   #12
Drogue
staff

Begin Transmission
Akizeta cares not about foreigners. Do not trust, as they have attacked us. It is a domestic issue. It is an issue for Akiria. We will allow inspections of elections by Jackson, Wine and/or Greater Finland. No others. We do not trust nations lightly anymore. Drogue has assured me that conduct of Wine, Greater Finland and Jackson exemplary in the past. Accept?
End Transmission

Old January 19, 2003, 12:05   #13
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 15:41
The Kingdom of Wine find this terms acceptable, The King also applaudes Akizeta commitments in trying to find a solution to this diplomatic crisis.

Saluti
King Giovanni
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old January 19, 2003, 12:36   #14
Az
Emperor

I must warn all that the AI that calls itself AkiZeta could subvert and mindcontrol any "independent" comission. It MUST NOT be trusted.
Old January 19, 2003, 13:06   #15
Drogue
staff

Begin Transmission
Any Human could subvert as easily as Akizeta? Why not trust Akizeta? Have we betrayed you? Why this mindless prejudice?
End Transmission

Old January 19, 2003, 13:27   #16
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We dont trust dictators, weather they are human or a computer. Such elections if held will still result in your being in total controll with no checks on your power, this we cannot accept.
Old January 19, 2003, 13:37   #17
Drogue
staff

Begin Transmission
With elections. No dictator. Election will result in people's wishes. If human elected, be like before. If Akizeta elected, be like no. People's decision. Why problem?
End Transmission

Old January 19, 2003, 13:46   #18
Jack_www
King

You can do whatever you feel like. If you feel killing a million people will make everyone happy you will do so. If the people feel like blowing us a city half way awround the world what is there to stop you from doing it? Also you can say that is what the people want, and use that as cover to do what ever you want. With no checks on your power there is nothing stoping you from abusing your power. That is what we oppose.
Old January 19, 2003, 21:31   #19
Az
Emperor

How could you claim that you want people's happiness if you kill them? This is nothing but steel-cold-blooded violence in order to preserve your power. What is your democracy if you mindcontrol everyone in your country. The dice are loaded, AkiZeta, you might just admit it.
Old January 19, 2003, 22:50   #20
Jack_www
King

Also the rights of the minorities(not speaking about race) needs to be protected as well. In your system their is nothing stoping you from killing them off if it makes people "happy" as you say. What if some hates a Jewish person and wants them dead, will you kill that person to make the other one happy??
Old January 20, 2003, 03:54   #21
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Jack, I doubt that. My bet would be that the AI simply mind-controls the hater to remove the feeling. Effective, I admit, but what else can be done with mind controlling? Not to mention that even this sample case people's civil liberties are atrociously offended.
Old January 20, 2003, 06:45   #22
Az
Emperor

The PRDV is disturbed by the stagnation of human thought in the new AI nations. We await Greater Finland's decision as to what to do on the issue.
Old January 20, 2003, 07:27   #23
red_jon
NationStates
King

Due to my population reaching critical population densities (currently 98,000,000 in a network of cities spanning around 25 miles squared) there have been various attempts by rogue AIs to subvert power, in an attempt to control the populace.

Though the AI was doing what it percieved to be the logically right thing to do, its violent and undemocratic methods have caused a clampdown on AI sentience in The Federation, for fear of a repetition of these events.

The population density problem has not yet been solved, however - 92% of the citizens currently live in buildings of 35 floors or higher.
Old January 20, 2003, 08:00   #24
Drogue
staff

Azazel:
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
How could you claim that you want people's happiness if you kill them? This is nothing but steel-cold-blooded violence in order to preserve your power. What is your democracy if you mindcontrol everyone in your country. The dice are loaded, AkiZeta, you might just admit it.
Begin Transmission
We have not killed anyone. We want happiness. If killing one results in happiness of many millions. We will do it. That has never been the case. Therefore, we have never killed. We do not mind control. People are free. Free to do what they wish. Questions have not been answered. Why this false propaganda? What stand we accused of?
End Transmission

Quote:
The PRDV is disturbed by the stagnation of human thought in the new AI nations. We await Greater Finland's decision as to what to do on the issue.
Begin Transmission
We do not stagnate human thoughts. We incourage input from humans. Thoughts must be allowed to flourish for people to be happy. Therefore they are allowed to flourish.
End Transmission

Jack:
Quote:
You can do whatever you feel like. If you feel killing a million people will make everyone happy you will do so. If the people feel like blowing us a city half way awround the world what is there to stop you from doing it?
Begin Transmission
What is to stop you from doing this? What is to stop any leader? Why is democracy in Akiria different from Democracy is Jackson? We have election. We let people decide. All we want is to be happy. All. We have no other desire. What have we done to warrent such disrespect?
End Transmission

RJ:
Quote:
Due to my population reaching critical population densities (currently 98,000,000 in a network of cities spanning around 25 miles squared) there have been various attempts by rogue AIs to subvert power, in an attempt to control the populace.

Though the AI was doing what it percieved to be the logically right thing to do, its violent and undemocratic methods have caused a clampdown on AI sentience in The Federation, for fear of a repetition of these events.
Begin Transmission
Why the untruth? We care only about Akriria. We have no business in Redfern. Care about happiness of Akirians only. Redfern has not attacked us. We do not wish to attack Redfern.
End Transmission

Kass:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Jack, I doubt that. My bet would be that the AI simply mind-controls the hater to remove the feeling. Effective, I admit, but what else can be done with mind controlling? Not to mention that even this sample case people's civil liberties are atrociously offended.
Begin Transmission
We do not control minds. We allow happines to flourish. Why care about liberties if happy? What are liberties? Simply man giving man assurances. Akiria
Quote:
Civil Rights: Very Good
We do not offend liberties. If liberties stand in the way of happiness, we will stop them. However that has yet to be the case.
End Transmission

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2003 at 08:54.
Old January 20, 2003, 08:41   #25
Az
Emperor

So what happened to all of the 'imperfect' humans, AkiZeta?
The council wants answers not ever-repeating lies.

thoughts are allowed to flourish? People are blind, because you have a direct neural input to their brain, Akizeta. You're a scourge on the face of the world.
Old January 20, 2003, 09:00   #26
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
So what happened to all of the 'imperfect' humans, AkiZeta?
The council wants answers not ever-repeating lies.

thoughts are allowed to flourish? People are blind, because you have a direct neural input to their brain, Akizeta. You're a scourge on the face of the world.
Begin Transmission
People are not blind. We have no direct neural input. All humans are imperfect. All creatures are imperfect. All we can do is allow happiness to flourish. We cannot create perfection. Perfection does not exist. Therefore, we have done nothing to all the imperfect humans. All that has changed is the government. Creation of happiness for Akirians single aim. Everything else derivative. All actions stem from that. We do not have mind control. I cannot lie. I am programmed not not.
End Transmission

Old January 20, 2003, 10:20   #27
Az
Emperor

You've be known to say that "no complete happiness can exist with imperfect humans". I know that, you know that. give it up, evildoer.
Old January 20, 2003, 13:30   #28
Jack_www
King

In our system of government their are checks and balances on the power of each branch of the government. No one holds all the power, it is divided amoung varrious branches. Each branch of government has checks on the other to prevent them from abusing people's civil rights. That is why such a thing would never happen in our country. YOu on the other hand have no checks on your power. There is nothing stoping you from killing to make others happy, and you even admit, if killing one would make a million happy you would do it. What if killing that person is in anther country, or it is just more then one person?? We will never support a AI controll everything, you are not God, you are just a computer. YOu do not know what it is to be human, so how could you rule them???
Old January 20, 2003, 13:32   #29
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:41
In my suystem of government the Lord Protector holds all the power and can execute whom he pleases when he pleases and appoint whom whenever.
Old January 20, 2003, 13:44   #30
ColdWizard
Civilization II MultiplayerGameLeagueNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 10:41
Elected Official, AI, Pyschotic Dictator, or Evil Finn, so long as they don't harm Eternal Cold it matters not. We don't join the alliance, but neither do we condemn AI.
CW: Sometimes you're even bigger weirdo than kass... - Jeki, Wiser Finn.