View Poll Results: Covert War: How should it be conducted?
1) Attack The Hive - Steal techs and sabotage. 2 5.26%
1) Attack The University - Steal techs and sabotage. 2 5.26%
1) Steal techs from both. 11 28.95%
1) Explore 0 0%
1) Write-in 0 0%
1) Xenobanana 0 0%
2) Mind Control a Hive base. 6 15.79%
2) Do not Mind Control a Hive base. 3 7.89%
2) Xenobanana 2 5.26%
2) Mind Control a University base. 4 10.53%
2) Do not Mind Control a University base. 5 13.16%
2) Xenobanana 3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 19, 2003, 12:39   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 14:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Covert War Strategy
We are now at war with both The Hive and The University. Since we had a debate, showing support for Covert War over full blown invasion, I would like to know how it should be conducted.

We have some worrying news. The Hive have Doctrine: Air Power, and are creating a Needlejet. The University is researching Fusion Power, and has Advanced Military Algorithms.

I have come up with these planned for Probe Teams/foils regarding this twin threat.

Please vote for one in part 1, and two in part 2.

Part 1: What should our Probe Team priorities be?
Attack The Hive - Steal techs and sabotage production.
Attack the University - Steal techs and sabotage production.
Steal techs from both.
Explore.
Write-in
Xenobanana

Part 2: Should we Mind Control a University Base and/or a Hive Base?

Unversity base - Yea, Nay or Xenobanana.
Hive Base - Yea, Nay or Xenobanana.
Xenobanana
(no need for write-in in a yea or nay poll, either you want to, you don't want to, or you do not care. And the "Yea if we have this" sort of write-ins are immaterial since this poll if for us at the moment. If to agree you need to attach conditions, then that is a nay)

For discussion use Covert Ops Centre.

This poll will last 3 days.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; January 19, 2003 at 12:48.
Old January 19, 2003, 13:03   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:44
steal from both, but only MC the university...it'll be really cheap with their -4 probe
Old January 19, 2003, 13:09   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Then choose not to MC the University Base

BTW: I would like to announce that this is my 1000 post King-in-1

Old January 19, 2003, 14:29   #4
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 16:44
And If I only propose Techstealing and no Sabotage?
Old January 19, 2003, 17:31   #5
Drogue
staff

Well, there's one tech from each at the moment, and we have 3 probe foils, and two probe teams on a transport. If you want to steal tech from both, choose it, if only from one, then choose explore, because we have a foil near each base with orders from last time. Besides, this is only a general poll, on what our priorities should be: get more techs, stop the Hive, stop the University, or explore.

Old January 19, 2003, 17:53   #6
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Since the poll lack a proper option like the Virus-thingie (do we have the tech?) i have voted for steal tech from both of them, and no mind controls.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 19, 2003, 17:59   #7
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 15:44
Congrats Drogue on King status. re poll probe both.
Old January 19, 2003, 18:28   #8
Drogue
staff

Lemmy: Did the poll before, and under all circumstances you were the only person to vote for allowing atrocities. Therefore, as I said, I will not be polling for atrocities as long as I am DEI We are the Peacekeepers

Old January 20, 2003, 01:56   #9
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 07:44
I would like to know how much energy credits it would cost us to mind control either a University of Hive base before making such a decision. The other question would be, assuming we were to take control of a Hive or University base, could we effectively defend it against Hiverian forces (seeing as University forces do not pose as great a threat as the Hive)? If the base would fall quickly it would be a waste to mind control it. Perhaps a better alternative would be to synchronies mind controlling a Hiverian base with an assault against the Hive by our forces. The capture base could be use as a base of operations from where we could launch our assault against the remainder of Hiverian territory. The troops stationed in the captured Hive base would be an effective defense force against a Hiverian counterattack giving us a better chance of holding the base.
Old January 20, 2003, 01:58   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 07:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Lemmy: Did the poll before, and under all circumstances you were the only person to vote for allowing atrocities. Therefore, as I said, I will not be polling for atrocities as long as I am DEI We are the Peacekeepers
Normally I’d be in defense of the proposition to at least give the option of conducing atrocities against the Hive with our probe forces, but last I recall our constitution prohibits such action, therefore it would be unconstitutional if the poll even gave the option of atrocities.
Old January 20, 2003, 04:11   #11
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
Therefore, as I said, I will not be polling for atrocities as long as I am DEI
Damn you, if i had the time for it i would run against you, and your evil moralistic viewpoints
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 20, 2003, 08:23   #12
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
I would like to know how much energy credits it would cost us to mind control either a University of Hive base before making such a decision. The other question would be, assuming we were to take control of a Hive or University base, could we effectively defend it against Hiverian forces (seeing as University forces do not pose as great a threat as the Hive)? If the base would fall quickly it would be a waste to mind control it. Perhaps a better alternative would be to synchronies mind controlling a Hiverian base with an assault against the Hive by our forces. The capture base could be use as a base of operations from where we could launch our assault against the remainder of Hiverian territory. The troops stationed in the captured Hive base would be an effective defense force against a Hiverian counterattack giving us a better chance of holding the base.
I agree. I simply wanted to see what sort of support there was for the idea, as it had been mentioned before to me. If there is some support. I will start a discussion, and then poll, with information and cost, on which base to try it on. The idea of a MC base is also as a base for probe teams, since they will return to that base, it means we can do much more damage, and steal much more.

Old January 21, 2003, 08:46   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Something which needs to be pointed out here - We are not at war with the University. They pledged Blood Truce in the same chat as they declared war.
Old January 21, 2003, 09:00   #14
Drogue
staff

really? Sorry about that. I presumed we were still at war, looking at your plan. In that case I'll post a new poll. The only optyions being attack the Hive or explore though, since an earlier poll stated that we cannot do anything other than infiltrate against a faction we have a truce with.

Old January 21, 2003, 09:06   #15
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
My plan involved tech trading with the University, not theft, although if that becomes the only option to save knowledge from vanishing as the Hive troops rampage, by all means use it.