Old January 22, 2003, 09:14   #1
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
newZ update

I need help in the newZ update.
(the gOdZ want it!)

(I can't recall who was taking care of this last time...)

Now, the magic word:
Volunteers?

Btw, a tradition is dying: The Jungle Gazette.
Again, the magic word...
Volunteers?
Old January 22, 2003, 12:19   #2
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 14:55
I would volunteer but I don't really want to.

Well done in the election and all the best for your term as "the dude". You'll do great. I found it alot more fun the less seriously I took it.
Old January 22, 2003, 12:26   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Thanks, OPD. I hope I can do it well, to deserve a seat in "The Old Club"...

Guys, I'm still seeking for volunteers for the newZ Update... What a shame if I write it myself! Think about my English!
Old January 22, 2003, 12:48   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:55
Oh my god!! I'd volunteer just for that, if it wasn't for that darn paper...
Thankfully, I'll be rid of it by the 1st of February. I'll be happy to volunteer then.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 22, 2003, 15:18   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:55
Ack... I've forgotten about it. I volunteered a while back (under Aggie, I think) and have been doing them since then. I'd be happy to continue, but I've been gone for a while and need to catch up & do RA orders. Once I have that done, I can write it (either tonight or tomorrow).

But if someone else wants to volunteer before then, I'll be happy to send you my notes on events since the last Newz Update.
Old January 22, 2003, 16:41   #6
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Thank you, Kloreep!
Old January 22, 2003, 17:32   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:55
If Godking, or adaMada cannot do the Gazette, I volunteer to take up a leadership role in this, much like I did when Unorthodox first left. I do not wish to see such a fine tradition of ours fall away.

I'll say this much though, I will need volunteers to help write articles. I can write 3-4 of them, no problem....but you guys don't seriously want an entire paper written only by me. PM me if you are interested, and if you have any ideas for articles you wish to write, please include that in the message...

Oh God, SMC and Editor of Jungle Gazette....I'm gonna be swamped...what have I done??

SMC Meshelic
Old January 22, 2003, 17:48   #8
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 08:55
Following was translated from a captured copy of the Leipzig Daily News...

On the southern front, our brave boys in blue executed a stunning retrograde movement in the face of the yellow backed banana forces which advanced in utter disorder. We have left 8 resistors in place in Frankfurt who will no doubt raise havoc there. Meanwhile our government has successfully relocated from Berlin to Leipzig. Our glorious leader and Fuhrer Otto von Bismark has stated that this location is temporary and plans are already in place to set up the next Reich in Hidelburg.

Freidrik Gruebber
Minister of Propoganda
Peoples Republic of Germany

Last edited by roadcage; January 22, 2003 at 18:10.
Old January 22, 2003, 18:31   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 08:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Oh God, SMC and Editor of Jungle Gazette....I'm gonna be swamped...what have I done??
SMC Meshelic
Bah, quit whining.

Try being President, (since the REAL president got so drunk upon election he forgot how to turn on his computer), completely inventing and running the Directory, installing an entirely new format for orders from the ministers DURING A WAR, AND putting out an entire Gazette while people complain to you of not recieving enough information and send you very nasty and personal PM's and E-mails and only later wonder why you do not wish to run for anything the following term. Then we can talk of swamped...

on a side note, I will submit some entirely off subject articles/letters to whoever wants to take over, strictly for fun stuff, not news.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old January 22, 2003, 18:36   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

... (since the REAL president got so drunk upon election he forgot how to turn on his computer)...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 22, 2003, 19:18   #11
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Unorthodox - such contempt!
Old January 22, 2003, 19:41   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
... (since the REAL president got so drunk upon election he forgot how to turn on his computer)...
Really, that's what happened? I heard that you were injured from beer can chasing.
Old January 23, 2003, 16:33   #13
Kloreep
Emperor

Okay, here's a rough draft. (Note to Godz that may see this: I'll PM you when it is finished.) I think everything's in there, but I'm sure it needs a lot of editing. What do you think? I'm especially unsure about the last paragraph; it seems a little melodramatic, but I like to have something like that above the "joining is a click away" paragraph to pull people in.

As the artillery raged against Germany, Rome, and Babylon, the great leader Mentuhotep rallied his political forces and accomplished Universal Suffrage . In addition, our scientists constructed a new "Theory of Evolution"; in their excitement over this new accomplishment, they also discovered the secrets of "Electronics" and "Radio". Our troops, inspired by these new entries in Apolytionian history, drove back entrenched enemy forces, taking Brundisium from Caesar, and Hannover from Bismarck. Stuttgart was also freed from German forces, but was obliterated in the battle; a new city has been founded south of its ruins. Our Greek allies proved their mettle against German forces, destroying but taking Cologne in a fierce battle; this victory was soured, however, when Alexander temporarily signed peace with our southern enemy Caesar. However, he agreed to reopen hostilities after Caesar again attacked our lines the following year. In addition Hammurabi of Babylon poked his nose in to the war, returning bloodied and at war with our allies: Greece, England, Russia, Japan, and the Iroquois.

The senate was stirred up over two arguments; one over the assignment of Seti, a new Great Leader emerged from the battle of Frankfurt, reached a deadlock, delaying further turnplay. After a failed bill and a controversial senate meeting in chat, Seti was finally told to assist in the move of Apolyton's palace and government to Macross City. The decision to move the seat of government from Apolyton was highly contested, but won out in the end. The other argument, over emancipation of the foreign slave workforce, was hotly debated; a pro-slavery bill forbidding urban integration of foreign workers before our own was proposed and passed, but was vetoed by the cabinet. This veto went to court, but was upheld by the judges. Recently, a new bill for emancipation was proposed; it will either pass or fail soon.

As the senate gradually travelled over rail to Macross City, many important events occured. The Aztecs betrayed us, breaking the Mutual Protection Pact we had signed with them and making peace with our enemies. President Arnelos, meanwhile, was making an honorable peace with China - honorable because we had never actually fought Mao's forces, and our allies were not at war with him. Mao showed his Roman colors by signing an embargo with Caesar against us as soon as the ink was dry on our peace, but he has not betrayed our peace agreement. Across the nation, in former Persian lands, the Hoover Dam was built downstream from The Forbidden City, as the local capitol is named. Almost all of our cities will benefit greatly from this hydroelectric behemoth. Greece taught us how to refine Oil, and while this new resource has yet to be fully tapped, our scientists already speak of what might be done using a new alloy, "steel", that they are researching. We have also discovered that Apolytonia is one of only three nations with enough Oil to export.

Our military rode to two important victories: the capture of the German capitol Berlin, and Copernicus' Observatory with it! Frankfurt was also captured, and a great leader named Na'rmer emerged from the battle. But despite these triumphs, the citizens grew weary of the ongoing war; riots were about to breaking out, until imported Ivory and Silks from Greece and Japan calmed Apolytonia.

The silks were soon lost, however; Tokugawa launched a surprise attack, landing Cavalry and some other motley forces near cities he thought unprotected. But it seems he has yet to learn the wonder of steam power; Infantry were quickly railed to these cities, and Tokugawa's attack thwarted. More Japanese ships have been spotted near our shores, however; we will soon see if Apolyton's small force of Ironclads can prevent another landing.

A new government has now taken office for Term 8: joncnunn is the unopposed Domestic Minister, Meshelic defeated mrmitchell to become Supreme Military Commander, and Shiber won a close race against Thud. The three-way presidential race between former SMC and President Aggie, incumbent President Arnelos, and cartographer Aro was a fierce campaign that went into a tight runoff election between Arnelos and Aro; in the end, Aro was elected. The new President has already nominated Aggie for Vice President as he promised during the runoff election, and the senate overwhelmingly approved him.

This team will lead us into a new stage of the war: one in which our list of allies has shortened, and Tokugawa has made himself our new enemy. But Babylon has sent nothing of consequence against us, and most feel that the strong "axis" of Germany, Rome, and Japan will fall before our troops. Only time will tell.

Last edited by Kloreep; January 23, 2003 at 18:13.
Old January 23, 2003, 16:47   #14
Aro
lifer
Emperor

It's excellent, Kloreep!
Old January 23, 2003, 17:53   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

Kloreep its great , can you make the url's work

have a nice day
Old January 23, 2003, 18:11   #16
Kloreep
Emperor

Thanks for your complimens.

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
can you make the url's work
I do that so the Godz can see the urls and simply change the ()s to []s. I forgot to do that when posting here.
Old January 23, 2003, 18:28   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Thanks for your complimens.

I do that so the Godz can see the urls and simply change the ()s to []s. I forgot to do that when posting here.
hi ,

okay

have a nice NeWz day
Old January 23, 2003, 19:44   #18
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Nice work, Kloreep
Old January 24, 2003, 00:51   #19
Kloreep
Emperor

After a few grammatical corrections and sentence changes, it's off.
Old January 24, 2003, 01:41   #20
Meshelic
King

Well barring anymore slightly whiny comments from Unorthodox ( ) , I'm going to begin work on the new Gazette, in the days following tomorrow's turnchat.

Anyone interested in submitting articles, please PM me. Kloreep already has one that we can use, Roadcage seems interested.....any others that want to participate?

Aro, got a cartoon? Eh?

Maybe Ghengis can submit something this time around?

Any help is, of course, more than welcome
-Mesh
Old January 24, 2003, 01:42   #21
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Maybe Ghengis can submit something this time around?
Assuming it doesn't have to be censored, that is

I don't think the Apolyton admins are as touchy about "jiggle" as the CFC admins, but you'd better be careful
Old January 24, 2003, 03:06   #22
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Assuming it doesn't have to be censored, that is

I don't think the Apolyton admins are as touchy about "jiggle" as the CFC admins, but you'd better be careful
Well I don't mean "hey ghengis submit one of yer naked babes...."

He's a really good artist, who's got a great sense of humour (IMHO), I figure if Aro doesn't have time to make a cartoon, then maybe he'd be willing to step up to the plate....

By the way, Ghengis, you were gone for a month or so there awhile back, I'm glad you've stuck around.