Old January 22, 2003, 10:04   #1
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 10:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How is the editor in PtW? how is Capture the Flag?
I havn't played Civ3 in ages and never got ahead with in the tech tree. I believe I always quit around before I discover airplanes so I don't know what's it like.

What I like to know is how is the editor? is it better than Civ3 editor? what can you do and can't do with it?

I am waiting for Moo3 to come out and it hasn't so I was thinking of PtW untill it comes out.

Also is Capture the Flag in SP any fun?

Thanks

Davor
Old January 22, 2003, 12:40   #2
Argos65987
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 09:55
The pTW editor is better than the Civ3 editor. 2 things you still can't do are set diplomacy and have triggered events. Other than that you can add/delete/edit civs/units/techs. Bombard units can be given lethal land and/or sea bombardment. You have the option of setting a search path for graphics files. You can edit the timeline, # of turns, value of turns (years, months, etc). You can change values for city improvements and wonders. There's much more you can do than the above list of course.

As for the new modes of play (capture the flag, etc) they weren't really designed to be handeled by the AI very well. They were put in primarily as options for MP other than the traditional long civ game.
Old January 23, 2003, 13:25   #3
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 10:55
thanks for the reply Argos, I will check my eb store and see how much it is. If it is more than $30 Canadian I will wait till the price drops down.

Davor