Old January 25, 2003, 14:01   #31
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'll have to do much better next time to achieve a "we love Aro day"...
Old January 25, 2003, 16:16   #32
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:57
I think this happened to me at least once during one of my games. I don't remember much, only that the palace screen didn't ocme up for a good half of the game, and when I manually called it up, it let me place ten different pieces at once.

I think I read the reasoning behind the bug once, but can't remember anymore.

-- adaMada
Old January 27, 2003, 19:40   #33
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I always play on Emperor level, on tiny maps.

I have an update: I just finished the Theory of Evolution in that game (as Japan) and picked the same techs. I now have two turns left to discover Steel, the only thing that I can reserach at this moment and my Palace completed very recently.

The differences are that it's about 1760 AD in my game while this game is only in 1340 AD and also that I was able to build all Middle Age wonders except Sun Tzu and in addition built 4 of the Ancient Era ones (Colosus, Great Wall, Hanging Gardens, and Great Light House.) (I just captured the Pyraimds this turn.) Both the increased length of time it took to get techs & my numerous GWs are because the war mongeling Zulu took out the Greeks in the early middle ages & the Russians in the middle portion of the middle ages. The peaceful section of my REX alone resulted in me being #1 in territory the whole game. This was followed up by Zulus having some nearby cities defect to my empire, and in the current war that they initated without even demanding tribute (as they did the first two times), my capture of St Petersburg & Moscow during the age of defense. Largely thanks to my 3 Armies of 4 Calvaries each. (2 of the Armies were built via the MA.)
Old January 27, 2003, 20:12   #34
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:57
Sounds like a good game, joncnunn!

I've been trying to get my games to catch up to where we are at in the Demo game....pretty close so far.
Old January 28, 2003, 16:58   #35
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 06:57
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I think this happened to me at least once during one of my games. I don't remember much, only that the palace screen didn't ocme up for a good half of the game, and when I manually called it up, it let me place ten different pieces at once.

-- adaMada
I have had this happen a few times... Still I wonder when the game will let us upgrade our palace...

Mss
Old January 28, 2003, 17:57   #36
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

As soon as the German war ends I plan on placing Hospitals at the top of most cities build queues and reintegrating workers, boosting the population which will provide some workers to construct our Palace.