Old January 23, 2003, 05:23   #1
miike
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A question about reputation.
Is there a way to see your own reputation rating in comparasion to every other civ? Right now I am playing a game, on a huge planet and on Pangea land mass. After the land grab, every other civ has declared war on me, for no reason whatsoever. It was the damndest thing. I have played civ3 for awhile, but this game was the most hostile, I have ever seen the other civs. I would not even attack their cities. I would lose a few cities on the edges of the "empire" then try to get peace. I was attacked like this quite a few times. What I don't understand, is that somehow, my reputation went into the crapper onlong the way.

Zulus/Persians/Greeks/Russians/Germans/Vikings.

It is really incredible. Even after all of the lost cities, I was still larger then all of them, but my military has never been the same and at times they were ahead of me in the tech race. One time, the Greeks and Russians simultaniously declared war on me. I did notice that someone would go to war with me, right before I got a certain tech advance. Right before, I got steam engine, right before I got replaceable parts. It seemed that the new tech advance was what saved me from being overrun. meaing railroads and infantry. What I don't understand, is that this was really unprovoked, I always try to play reletively peaceful, until later. Any insigts on this, would be helpful. I had pretty much given up on any "normal" ending of this particular game. So, I have starting razing the cities of any one that attacked me.
Old January 23, 2003, 07:26   #2
MoonWolf
Prince

Local Time: 15:57
I've experienced the Zulus, Persians and Russians as agressive civs, and if some of the AI's start a war against you, others will follow. You are also big. The AI doesn't like that. If I understood you correct, you've lost a few cities. If an enemy has lost some, why not try to take more from him?

Playing only peaceful is almost impossible. You will most propably get attacked and therefor need an army to defend and if necessary counterattack. Maybe you'll be able to live in peace on the lowest level as you might grow big very much faster than the AI.

EDIT: I forgot. The only way you can see your reputation, is how the other civs feel about you. However, they might get annoyed with just because you are the human player ot grow powerful (as mentioned above)
Old January 23, 2003, 11:09   #3
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Beware of the evil germans!
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old January 23, 2003, 13:14   #4
Albert
Chieftain

There should be some way to look at your reputation amongst all the other civs more than just what they feel about you.

should be some sort of history list of who has gone to war with who. made peace, gone to war again.
I never keep track of it when the AI is going crazy with war and peacemaking

A bit like the US and Iraq. support them in war against iran, then war, then peace, then war again. imagine all of this in less than 20 turns
Old January 24, 2003, 03:52   #5
MoonWolf
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Datajack Franit
Beware of the evil germans!
I've never had any big problems with them! Not in real life nor Civ3! It's strange in Civ3 actually, they are a militaristic Civ, but we're hardly at war.

Quote:
Originally posted by Albert
There should be some way to look at your reputation amongst all the other civs more than just what they feel about you.

should be some sort of history list of who has gone to war with who. made peace, gone to war again.
I never keep track of it when the AI is going crazy with war and peacemaking
Agree. You could see this in Civ2. You get some hints during the trade negotians. If you never give them a good deal, the AI will not trade with you or give you worse deals

Quote:
A bit like the US and Iraq. support them in war against iran, then war, then peace, then war again. imagine all of this in less than 20 turns
Old January 24, 2003, 04:18   #6
Mazarin
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Albert
there should be a sneak-attack by canada.
Old January 25, 2003, 05:40   #7
Emma
Chieftain

the germans always attack me!
anyway i would also like to know about other civs reputations. the only way i can find that out is when the little guy in the box say: be careful they have betrayed our friends!
Old January 25, 2003, 14:39   #8
Albert
Chieftain

you know youre fu*ked when
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma
the little guy in the box say: be careful they have betrayed our friends!