Old January 25, 2003, 00:38   #121
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 08:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010

I like starting these threads and then once they get going and things are snow-balling nicely I just sit back and enjoy the chaos.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old January 25, 2003, 01:01   #122
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:00
You are a regular Loki
Old January 25, 2003, 01:01   #123
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I like starting these threads and then once they get going and things are snow-balling nicely I just sit back and enjoy the chaos.
TROLL
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old January 25, 2003, 01:32   #124
Oerdin
Deity

No, really, I did post the article in good faith but people started taking things personally so I bowed out. I'm all for enlightened discusion but can we all take a deep breath?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old January 25, 2003, 01:36   #125
Ned
King

Local Time: 07:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
It's not a Europe wide phenomenon and I think Ned was just so upset by what he's seen reported that he got mad and made a blanket statement. I'm sure he doesn't really think all of Europe is racist even if he did type it.

I also don't think the French are going to rewarm the ovens, so to speak, but never the less there seems to be a considerable amount of lingering cultural bigotry.
Oerdin, You are right here. I was upset and angry. One of the reasons was that I had just seen the movie the Pianist. That is not an easy film to watch.
Old January 25, 2003, 03:05   #126
Ned
King

Dry, I am not qoing to quote your long post. But if even half of what you say is true about the European left is true, all I can said is that I am with you.

It is just that I saw a lot of leftist demonstratons here against Israel which became ugly and anti-Semitic. I assumed the same was true in Europe.

But, just to make sure, the European left is equally against Arab, anti-Jew, nationalism as well. Right?
Old January 25, 2003, 03:36   #127
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Edan

Cause pbs.org and the books I have on my desk aren't as reliable as where your "sources" came from?

All of your "sources" came from here, here and here. On a site full of revisionist and antisemitic garbage.

And the most telling thing is that you didn't even bother to change your method of source references, you simply highlighted, copied and pasted - resulting in refernces that are identical, down to the spaces, commas and parenthesis.
Edan, Well done! I have been jousting with S. Kroeze for nine months now. His basic theory is that Zionism is racism, Israel is aparthied, and, IIRC, Sharon is a war criminal. He seemed like he was building a case to bring Israel and Sharon up on charges before the new ICC.

When I said what I did about the European left being anti-Semitic racists, I was thinking about my battles with Mr. Kroeze. While one can, in my view, be pro-Arab or pro-Palestinian without being in favor of the destruction of Israel; there are some that do seem to cross that invisible line between policy and hate.
Old January 25, 2003, 08:34   #128
Sandman
King

I hope you accept that claims of an 'exodus' of French Jews are totally unjustified, as are the claims of an 'epidemic' of anti-semitism in Europe.
Old January 25, 2003, 11:10   #129
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 11:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz

it not how they label themselves, It about how YOU label them. And they in turn label you. Reason ends,
and blind hatred begins.

The Anti-Semites are out to kill Jews and can't be
reasoned with because they are not logical. Others
may have logical reasons for hating israeli, yet wouldn't
harm a Jew living in America, cause they are not anti-semitic. The greivences they have, just or not, can be
settled.
Just like a racist can be a racist and still have black friends, so can an anti-semite be anti-semite without wanting to kill every (or even any) Jews.

You are someone who appears to delight at the thought of millions of Israeli Jews and a million other innocent Israeli civilians dying, and I see no point to further debate this with you. Bigotry and rationality rarely coexist, and I don't see the point of expecting sound logic and intellectual honesty from someone who displays bigotry.
Old January 25, 2003, 11:20   #130
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

so are all anti israelis also anti semites?
Old January 25, 2003, 11:22   #131
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
so are all anti israelis also anti semites?
If they want the destruction of Israel that would mean the deaths of millions, yes.

If you are merely question Isralei policy? I wouldn't consider them anti-Israeli, any more than I would consider someone who doesn't agree with Bush's policies as anti-American.

(How come I feel like a broken record? )
Old January 25, 2003, 11:23   #132
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

id like to see the destruction of the umbilical cord between mama america and baby israel
Old January 25, 2003, 11:26   #133
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
id like to see the destruction of the umbilical cord between mama america and baby israel
Fine. Go tell your local congressman that, not me.

And given that Israels creation and survival for it's first 20 years had little to do with the US, I find your choice of phrase amusing.
Old January 25, 2003, 11:28   #134
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

every israeli here probably thinks im an anti semite though and im just for the record stating that i simply hate the way israeli is a parasite on our country...
Old January 25, 2003, 11:41   #135
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:00
A parasite? Noone forces you to help us. Your government simply feels it would be best to do so. Otherwise, we might interfere with your interests, so you'd rather have us as very obdient friend. (remember, when we sat quietly in 91'? that was your tax dollars at work. )

Don't get me wrong, Israel and the US are true friends, but usually, friends have disagreements as well. That's what the US help is avoiding. Us voicing any objections to any policy of yours, while you're, of course, free to criticize our own.
Old January 25, 2003, 11:51   #136
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

i dont criticize israel's policies. i criticize our one way relationship with them. israel is free to do what they want, its their country. do i think the israelis are wrong? sometimes, but then again no one is perfect, certainly not the US.

on the whole though id like to see the US just distance themselves from israel and allow them to run their own country and allow us to conduct diplomacy in the region without having the string of being your friend be a liability.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:00   #137
Sandman
King

Quote:
If they want the destruction of Israel that would mean the deaths of millions, yes.
That's a strawman argument. The destruction of Israel does not necessarily entail a single death.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:06   #138
Goingonit
Warlord

So who gets to take 6 million refugees? Or do you trust Yasser Arafat and his suicide bomber friends with a 40% Jewish minoritty?
Old January 25, 2003, 12:10   #139
Az
Emperor

Quote:
That's a strawman argument. The destruction of Israel does not necessarily entail a single death.
that's a stupid argument.
"The transfer of all the palestinians to Jordan does not necessarily entail a single death".

Quote:
on the whole though id like to see the US just distance themselves from israel and allow them to run their own country and allow us to conduct diplomacy in the region without having the string of being your friend be a liability.
take it up with the US govt. not with Israel.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:21   #140
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

the us government wont listen to me. israel would if i just strapped some C4 with ball bearings to myself and got on a crowded bus in tel aviv
Old January 25, 2003, 12:27   #141
Az
Emperor

Quote:
israel would if i just strapped some C4 with ball bearings to myself and got on a crowded bus in tel aviv
yes, just look how well Israel listens to the palestinians.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:27   #142
Ned
King

Quote:
i dont criticize israel's policies. i criticize our one way relationship with them. israel is free to do what they want, its their country. do i think the israelis are wrong? sometimes, but then again no one is perfect, certainly not the US.

MRT144, Why do you feel this way? Do you have some general principle of foreign policy in mind?
Old January 25, 2003, 12:33   #143
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

haha it was meant to be sarcastic azazel

my general principle is that america should look out for america first. and supporting israel doesnt do that. it only damns us in foreign relations with arab countries.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:42   #144
Ned
King

MRT144, Would you continue this position if Israel could not survive on her own?
Old January 25, 2003, 12:52   #145
Az
Emperor

he probably would. But we can survive on our own.
Quote:
my general principle is that america should look out for america first. and supporting israel doesnt do that. it only damns us in foreign relations with arab countries.
Apparently your leadership doesn't agree with you.
Old January 25, 2003, 13:03   #146
Sandman
King

Quote:
So who gets to take 6 million refugees? Or do you trust Yasser Arafat and his suicide bomber friends with a 40% Jewish minoritty?
Quote:
"The transfer of all the palestinians to Jordan does not necessarily entail a single death".
Replace Israel with a secular non-ethnic state. Have a truth and reconciliation commitee. With no Israel around, there's no need for a paunchy baron like Arafat around either. Chuck him in jail.

That's what I mean by the 'destruction of Israel', not killing, deporting or enslaving.
Old January 25, 2003, 13:06   #147
Goingonit
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman
Replace Israel with a secular non-ethnic state...
Which is overhelmed by an exploding Palestinian population within 20 years.
Quote:
Have a truth and reconciliation commitee. ..
Which will work because...
Quote:
With no Israel around, there's no need for a paunchy baron like Arafat around either. Chuck him in jail.
He was around before Israel's occupation of the territories. He'll be around until the last Jew in Tel Aviv is sent swimming towards Cyprus.
Quote:
That's what I mean by the 'destruction of Israel', not killing, deporting or enslaving.
The end result is the same.
Old January 25, 2003, 13:17   #148
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

ned, of course i would. i dont think its americas place to protect the israelis. they think they can defend themselves, let them do it. if the nation goes down, it goes down. we cant write the history of the world no matter how hard we want to. it simply isnt right to dictate the future of every single nation on earth.
Old January 25, 2003, 13:31   #149
Ozz
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Edan
You are someone who appears to delight at the thought of millions of Israeli Jews and a million other innocent Israeli civilians dying, and I see no point to further debate this with you. Bigotry and rationality rarely coexist, and I don't see the point of expecting sound logic and intellectual honesty from someone who displays bigotry.
How you picked that out of what I posted is not logical.

Enjoy your hatred and pain, and keep the circle of violence and degraded human rights spinning downward. It's easy enough sitting safe in the US, oh
I forgot, attitudes like yours have made nowhere safe
on earth for people. No Killin' in the mid-east and
relax in NY on the weekend.

Oh, And speak Hebrew for now on, cause you obviously
don't understand English, or justice, or truth.

You don't even know what Anti-semitism means.
Old January 25, 2003, 13:51   #150
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
every israeli here probably thinks im an anti semite though and im just for the record stating that i simply hate the way israeli is a parasite on our country...
I take it you think Egypt is a parasite too, right?