Old January 26, 2003, 09:23   #31
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 17:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yay, you're absolutely right, my arguments have been more and more unsubstatiated. Mainly, because when I brought up reasonable arguments the DIA stood silent. When I went a bit out there the DIA stood silent. I finally had to resort to extreme exaggeration to get anyone to speak up.

Now the question is, why? Are the DIA's leaders simply slow? Did it take this long for them to find speech writers to write their posts for them as they have no idea what any of these issues are? Are do they simply not care about any of the issues they bring up?

On a completely different note, it amazes me how identical our DIA is to America's Democratic Party.

Both are the largest political parties in their nations.

Both are the oldest parties in their nations.

Both claim to represent business when they actually support people's rights over business.

And both are very anti-military.

Its very interesting.
hi ,

GF those artillery shell's did some damage to you , ......

the DIA stands for a strong and modern army , not some rag-tag of drafted boys and girls who dont know how to shoot , .......

have a nice DIA day
Old January 26, 2003, 12:30   #32
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:01
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

He He He.

I've been building up to calling him a Democrat for weeks.
You'd probably be interested to hear that I don't consider "Democrat" much of an insult or anything Seriously, I have a healthy respect for the other side

And, for my persona in Apolytonian politics, you're correct that I'm playing a liberal.

The key difference that you're failing to grasp is the distinction between anti-war and anti-imperialism. Even Pat Buchanan is anti-imperialist, but it doesn't always make him anti-war. There's a difference. Sadly, many conservatives (I'm ashamed to say) don't quite grasp the difference (and that's just one of many I'm more than willing to admit...)

As a college instructor of mine used to say....

"I'm not bothered by stupid arguments made by people opposed to my perspective, because they make the opposing viewpoint look dumb. What really pisses me off are the stupid arguments made in favor of MY position. I'd honestly rather that those people just shut up so we all didn't sound so dumb! That's why I absolutely can't stand to listen to talk radio... it's too hard to bare that that many people who agree with me are utter morons!"

I don't entirely agree with him... I've grown rather comfortable with the fact that...

"It's important to remember that just because there are crooks, zealots and morons supporting a position, it does not automatically follow that the position is wrong." - Jan D. Wolter

Old January 26, 2003, 12:37   #33
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

"It's important to remember that just because there are crooks, zealots and morons supporting a position, it does not automatically follow that the position is wrong." - Jan D. Wolter

I like that!

So, if we in the ALP are a bunch of morons, crooks and zealots, our position may be correct...
Old January 26, 2003, 21:40   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:01
Quote:

The key difference that you're failing to grasp is the distinction between anti-war and anti-imperialism. Even Pat Buchanan is anti-imperialist, but it doesn't always make him anti-war. There's a difference.
Its ironic that you made that statement as that has been one of the main points I've been trying to educate you and your gestapo on.

The DIA's continued stance on Anti-Imperialism is the exact opposite of what and Industrialist view would dictate.

A good Industrialist would want to expand their trade and business interests (imperialism at its finest). Controlling tech and keeping the other civs bancrupt by siphoning all of their money for our techs is a form of financial imperialism.

Making them dependent on our luxuries is a form of trade imperialism.

Which means the stance of the DIA to be Anti-Imperialist indicates they are opposed to all of those strategies.
Old January 26, 2003, 23:21   #35
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Well, you got me there. In that sense, we are indeed imperialist.

We support what is typically referred to by some in international relations as "soft imperialism" or what some call "neo-colonialism"... supporting financial and cultural domination without the need for military occupation like oldschool imperialism of the 19th Century.

However, just like the U.S. or the West in real life... we don't like to call it imperialism... [rp] you see, "imperialism" is such a harsh word for such a benign practice [/rp]

P.S. Ghengis... you posted that during the Super Bowl?

Last edited by Arnelos; January 26, 2003 at 23:42.
Old January 26, 2003, 23:44   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:01
Quote:
P.S. Ghengis... you posted that during the Super Bowl?
It was during Madden's comments about "those Raiders look like their still asleep. Did someone drug their Gatorade?"
Old January 27, 2003, 00:41   #37
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:01
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

draft is useless when you use it when the enemy is miles away , you draft only when you know there is going to be some danger , ......

anyway , vote DIA next time , this way you are sure to have a strong nation

have a nice DIA day
Pffft, have you paid attention to the term you were Vice President for? If you did, you would have heard that the DIA (in it's majority position) enlisted and drafted quite a few units themselves, and those were orders....

I, as SMC, have not ordered any units to be drafted, and the fact that a unit WAS drafted was not under MY jurisdiction, but the jurisdiction of an RA who wished to see his Uber Isle with more security.

And as Chairman, I resent the above statements against my Party.
Old January 27, 2003, 00:43   #38
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

At least the team I was rooting for won. That's all I gotta say.

....ah, a few dozen Superbowl beers in me and I sound like a moron, at least I still know how to spell....
Old January 27, 2003, 08:52   #39
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 17:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

Pffft, have you paid attention to the term you were Vice President for? If you did, you would have heard that the DIA (in it's majority position) enlisted and drafted quite a few units themselves, and those were orders....

I, as SMC, have not ordered any units to be drafted, and the fact that a unit WAS drafted was not under MY jurisdiction, but the jurisdiction of an RA who wished to see his Uber Isle with more security.

And as Chairman, I resent the above statements against my Party.
hi ,

before you start your post with "have you payed attention" , have you read this or that" , read yourself , .....if you would have done so you would have seen that several members , both in and out the chatroom where actually against the draft , one DIA member was called "PANAG" , ......

but of course there are people who join chatrooms and dont respond for hours because they are not there , ....

furthermore it would be nice if such comments where no where to be seen in the future , thanks in advance

and where the heck is there anything against your party in the post , WHERE , nowhere , .....

and you dont have to answer , ......

have a nice day
Old January 27, 2003, 15:59   #40
Meshelic
King

Well when you say "vote DIA next time, this way you are sure to have a strong nation", in politics, it can be understood that this is a slight jab at the ALP party, saying that we are doing a weak job....Depending on your point of view, that is. And that's how I interpreted that statement, that's all...

you didn't want me to answer? Why not?

And yes you were against the draft Panag, nearly everyone in the chat was. I wasn't accusing you personally. Heck, I wasn't accusing anyone personally, despite the fact that I'VE been accused of hypocrisy or going against my party's ideals....

I was just saying that last term there were alot of conscripts drafted. I remember this. That's all I was trying to say.

You may respond to this if you want. I'm not gonna tell you to shut up and don't say anything.... I believe in freedom of speech after all....

have a nice ALP day.

SMC Meshelic
Old January 27, 2003, 16:15   #41
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Ok this is the last day before I start the debate up so GF if you want rep. the inds say so soon.