Old January 24, 2003, 13:10   #1
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Life Inside the Dominion (Story)
I am citizen Beta129480. I am citizen Beta129480. I am citizen Beta129480. Everyone calls me Be'a.

I live in designated suburb 12-A-34, official title "Secondary Adjunct to the City of Brotherly Spiritual Fulfillment". Everyone calls it the Slums. In my family, I was the only one to be designated a Beta. My family are all Epsilons but because I was fortunate enough not to suffer nor carry the genetic disorder they have, I got pushed up a notch. I get 25% more rations. I have to report in every 12 hours instead of every 6. I get to skip every other Sunday's visit to the Centre For the Proper Conduct and instead go to the Centre For the Advancement of the People-Nation.

I have had my name stolen. No one, not even myself, remembers the name my mother gave me in the few precious minutes before the Government of the People-State tatooed their designation onto the small of my back. I am Be'a. I am citizen Beta129480.

(To Be Continued.....)
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old January 25, 2003, 11:43   #2
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wow, they let epsilons live in your country?! what an amazing libertarian society!