Spore
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My turn played:

Population: 17,292 (+ 40%)
Comercial Jobs: 2,203 (+ 40%)
Industrial Jobs: 5796 (+ 50%)

The population boom came unexpected, since I didn't do any new res zoning, but they quickly (faster than ever before) build taller, much taller, all over the city. This population boom, but a strain on my industry (= lots of the new ADGillians, ended up unemployed, so I had to do a lot of ind zoning), and without a job, they quickly started crime all over the city (Fighting and pie throwing where (and still is) the most "used" art of crime, so I had to build a police station

But during this turn, I was offered a city hall and a University... I haven't decided what to build yet...
Old February 15, 2003, 13:06   #272
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
OK, I played this turn before downloading ADG's city and also experienced a nice little boom in population... It might have not happened if I'd done it after, so keep that in mind when you read the newspaper and stuff.

Vovanburg - 2012:
Population: 7,206 (+26%)
Commercial Jobs: 2,818 (+23%)
Inedustrial Jobs: 689 (up from 0)

EDIT: The city is now uploaded
Spore page
Old February 15, 2003, 13:06   #273
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

The Vovanburg Chronicle
7 January 2012

Mayor Capitalizes on Neighbors’ Prosperity

The town of Vovanburg has experienced a definite boom in the past two years. While for the larger part, it still remains a sleepy bedroom community, a sort of rural paradise for the wealthy, with oceanfront property and clean air, the areas neighboring with the industrial giant, Elipolis, have changed a great deal.

It all began, when the wealthy and educated people of the neighboring cities started moving into Vovanburg in search of a better environment and lower taxes. As they occupied the oceanfront manors, they realized, to their dismay, that there was not a single school to be found in the entire town. The mayor claimed that the budget was tight any way, and that the interest on numerous loans taken to help the city was actually strangling it, slowly but surely. Be that as it may, the wealthy folks demanded a private school, and promised to support it with their own funds. Certainly, the mayor could not help but fulfill their demand. Indeed, who would reject an offer for education that does not cost the city a penny? Not our mayor – that’s for sure.

After the completion of the private school, a new influx of wealth came into the city, and with the wealthy, educated sims came the demand for high-tech industry. Being a rather poor money manager, our mayor had gotten the city into another debt whole by then, and the only way out, as it seemed to him, was to provide some space for high-tech industry, which was by then banging on the doors of the city, claiming that the neighbors were too polluted, and that, ironically enough, Vovanburg was a center of education in the region. (The irony being that there weren’t any schools in the city to speak of, before the donation by the citizens.) Seeing how there was no demand for any other sort of industry, and hitching up the taxes to eleven per cent on dirty industry and manufacturing – just to be safe from the pollution – the Mayor allowed for some industrial zoning in the city…
Spore page
Old February 15, 2003, 13:24   #274
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Thx for the newspaper, it has been added, for next update of the site
Old February 15, 2003, 13:27   #275
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Please download already finished games, before playing your turn, otherwise we might all end up having a pop-boom, which might give trouble to everybody
Old February 15, 2003, 13:57   #276
vovan
Emperor

Well, I downloaded all of the finished games so far, ADG. It's just that I played my turn yesterday, right after Jonny posted his update, but didn't want to post it untill you officially declare that the next turn has started. Thus, by the time you played your turn, I already had mine done, and the newspaper written. Sorry, I guess I should have posted right away, but I didn't want to disrupt the flow.
Spore page
Old February 15, 2003, 14:00   #277
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Hehe, ok
Old February 15, 2003, 15:35   #278
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Btw, if anyone wants to make a gabage deal with me, feel free to make it. I don't mind to get rid of our excess gabage for money, but I wouldn't mind paying money to get rid of it either (if some other player needs some fast cash)
Old February 15, 2003, 22:38   #279
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
Kregston:

Population: 13 262
Commercial Jobs: 3 749
Industrial Jobs: 1 528

The depression in Kregston is over, and there is now an incredible boom - especially in the commercial sector which has grown more then 50% in the past two years and shows no sign of stoping. Industries continue to slowly return to Kregston aswell, but it is now taking a back seat to the commercial district. There is even talk of cutting back on the industrial zones to make room for further housing and retail development.

The city budget is once again very healthy, and we are making a strong profit. However, garbage is begining to pile up once again as we have not been able to re-sign the garbage deal with Elipolis, and Kregston is begining to outgrow the natural gas power plant (and we've needed to build a couple new wind turbines, aswell). If the budget allows it, we hope to soon be able to construct an incinerator and deal with both of these problems at the same time.

You can download it here, and it's not yet on ADG's ftp - I'll tell you when it is. (unless he puts it on for me )

Do It Ourselves
Old February 16, 2003, 06:50   #280
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

It's now on my ftp

But it wont be avaliable today, until about 6 pm my time (maybe it takes longer, maybe not that long) (It's avaliable now, but for less than an hour)
Old February 18, 2003, 08:23   #281
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
Osweld :
Why cant you resign the garbage deal with me?
Old February 18, 2003, 09:04   #282
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Played :

R - 2527(+4%)
C - 1367(-5%)
I - 11058(+28%)

We have a problem here... Vov's sims arent commuting to my city despite the proximity and the rail system. The stations his sims need to use are empty and the roads are green. Can someone check the two cities and figure out what is the problem?

Osweld : A railroad was connected to your city.
Old February 18, 2003, 11:01   #283
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Osweld :
Why cant you resign the garbage deal with me?
I think it's because my budget has been pretty tight, and I believe it requires you to have enough money to cover a year of the deal.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 18, 2003, 13:45   #284
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
We have a problem here... Vov's sims arent commuting to my city despite the proximity and the rail system.
I shouldn't have built that school... I should NOT have built that school.
Spore page
Old February 18, 2003, 13:46   #285
vovan
Emperor

So, are we only waiting for Jonny now? Or is there somebody else who hasn't played the turn so far I am missing?
Spore page
Old February 18, 2003, 13:53   #286
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Only Jonny is missing...
Old February 18, 2003, 19:04   #287
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 10:03
Actually, I've played my turn. In fact, I played it Sunday. The problem is that every time I go online to upload the file, the FTP is not up.

Since I don't want to delay the game any more, how about we continue, and I'll upload the file after the next turn?
Old February 19, 2003, 01:52   #288
vovan
Emperor

Hey, Jonny, have you seen the new upload files feature of Apolyton? It can be found here:

http://www.apolyton.net/upload

Just upload your saved game, and post in this thread with a link, and ADG will put it on his FTP when he gets here.

As a matter of fact, I think that this is a good enough solution to have San Jose John come back... What do you all think?
Spore page
Old February 19, 2003, 05:17   #289
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Didn't know if you could share files shat way... if it's possible, then it'll be a good solution...
Old February 19, 2003, 05:35   #290
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Now how could I have missed out on a gem of a thread like this again?

I wish to play....I should first warn you that Ive sucked at every Simcity ive ever touched, so be warned! But other than that, can I join? If so, what are the rules?
Old February 19, 2003, 06:03   #291
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

There's plenty of room

And don't worry about how bad/good you play it, since I suck at it also

The rules are simple:
- Each turn is 2 years (From January to January (We go for January 1st, but we might not always hit that date)
- When someone has played their turn, you may download his/her city (and import it) before you have played your turn... Though you may not be behind in turns (If you miss a turn, you may not play two turns next time)

And you might want to bookmark this site:
http://www27.brinkster.com/zcollection/db/index.htm
Where I (from time to time) update it, to make a history-site of our region...

But first goto this site:
http://www27.brinkster.com/zcollection/apolytonia.htm
And choose your spot (The rule is: You have to have, at least one neigbor)
Old February 19, 2003, 06:07   #292
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Btw, a new turn starts whenever I say (I post it in bold, on which turn we're now playing)...

We were almost done with the current turn, but we'll wait until you have played it...

We don't have a rule on how fast we should play our turns... just play it as fast as possible

I'll pm you a IP/User/PW for my ftp, where you can download all played turns, and upload your turn when done...
Old February 19, 2003, 06:18   #293
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

And a few more things:

If you want to upload pictures of your city, keep it at max two pictures per turn (Just upload them here, and I'll upload them to the site when updating)

If you want to post a newspaper, feel free to post it here (or PM it to me). Take a look at how the newspapers are set up, on the site mentioned above

If you mess up your city so bad, that you want to try over, you may (or I will if you don't) post a newspaper on what happened to your city (To keep the story running), and then start again (ideas could be like an accident or something, that destroyed you city)... You can't have two cities running at the same time, unless you have done everything possible in your city (= There's no room to expand, all your buildings are tall, etc)... All other players has to agree, that it's impossible to do much more in the city, before you can start a new city

EDIT: And one more thing:
Our cities have played till year 12, but you start in year 00, just keep an eye on the date, since you're only supposed to play til year 02 (2 year turn)
Old February 19, 2003, 06:26   #294
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Is the renaming of cities allowed? Is god-mode terraformation allowed? How exactly do we do this? You gave me your secrets...am I simply supposed to upload my city? Or do I download everyone elses cities?
Old February 19, 2003, 06:34   #295
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

You're only allowed to name your own city. You just need to download the cities on my ftp, before you play. When playing you shall connect to the other cities (at least with roads)

You may terraform your city, but when done terraforming you have to reconcile the edges, otherwise the connections to neigbors might not work...

When a turn is over, you shall download (and import) all other players cities. It's a good idea to download the other cities before playing your turn...
Old February 19, 2003, 07:42   #296
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I have now uploaded my save-game with this new upload feature... Don't know if it works

Try downloading it from here to see if it works...

If it works, we have finally found a solution for this problem, were John-SJ couldn't join, and Jonny also have problems getting to my ftp...

So please, if it works, everybody should upload their save-game here (I don't upload all save-games, since my upload is pretty slow at the moment)
Old February 19, 2003, 09:13   #297
Eli
Emperor

Downloaded just fine.
Old February 19, 2003, 09:28   #298
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Good... then we could all just use that way, instead of my ftp (Not that I mind using my ftp, but this way everybody could join... )
Old February 19, 2003, 09:31   #299
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Btw, would be easier if you upload your own city, instead of having me to upload all cities

And it looks like Tassadar can only access my ftp at night (He sent a PM, where he said he was just about to goto sleep, and I was eating breakfast, so if everybody upload their own city, he can get all files tonight...
Old February 19, 2003, 16:15   #300
vovan
Emperor

OK, I will upload my city to my folder in a sec. Only one question though:

Which city spot did you choose, Tass? I personally prefer our bay area to be geographically accurate, and thus would think that it would be best not to form any land bridges across the bays... I didn't mention that before Eli changed his city over, so he got away with it, but in general, IMHO, it would be better if we keep the terrain the way it is.

Thus, the easiest solution for you would be to either choose a city to the north - somewhere next to Osweld, of to the south, next to Jonny, and John, not across the bay, in which case communications would be very hard.
Spore page