Old February 19, 2003, 16:20   #301
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I have uploaded the archive with my city and it can be found here:

Vovanburg '12

In the future, I will just overwrite the same archive, so the URL will stay the same, so you might want to book-mark it or whatever.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized that the files will only be downloadable if you are referred to them by 'Poly. Thus, bookmarking won't work... But any way, the URL will stay the same none theless. Maybe once we upload all of our cities, ADG could put all the links into the first post in this thread, so that we could find them all in one place rather than scattered around here?
Spore page
Old February 19, 2003, 16:58   #302
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:03
Congratulations, you are about to see my n00biness.

I have these zips, and I have the files contained within them.....How do I get them to work on Simcity?

Quote:
Originally posted by vovansim
OK, I will upload my city to my folder in a sec. Only one question though:

Which city spot did you choose, Tass? I personally prefer our bay area to be geographically accurate, and thus would think that it would be best not to form any land bridges across the bays... I didn't mention that before Eli changed his city over, so he got away with it, but in general, IMHO, it would be better if we keep the terrain the way it is.

Thus, the easiest solution for you would be to either choose a city to the north - somewhere next to Osweld, of to the south, next to Jonny, and John, not across the bay, in which case communications would be very hard.
If allowed, I would like to terraform the city east of Osweld so that it could have better connections with you and Eli. You and Eli would then have the option (if you liked) of creating a small land bridge, though I dont believe that would be required.

Another question: How do neighboorhood deals work? I mean, if all the files are on my computer (and, for example, Vovs computer) then how can I connect to him? I connect to him on my computer, but on his I dont.

Yet another question (for ADG, though anyone can answer): I was asking if you could RENAME your own cities. Not just name them.

Yet ANOTHER question: All this will require me to download a region. How do I do that?

YET YET ANOTHER QUESTION: do you all have the patch?

You guessed it: Another question: Is the "God Mode after Mayor Mode" cheat allowed?

Yep, another question: Who has the best industry: Osweld, Eli, or Vovs?
Old February 19, 2003, 17:11   #303
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by vovansim
EDIT: Actually, I just realized that the files will only be downloadable if you are referred to them by 'Poly. Thus, bookmarking won't work... But any way, the URL will stay the same none theless. Maybe once we upload all of our cities, ADG could put all the links into the first post in this thread, so that we could find them all in one place rather than scattered around here?
But if you save the link as a whole

(There are spaces here, but thatsj ust to trick poly)

http:// apolyton.net /go.php ? http:// apolyton.net / upload /files /vovansim /City-Vovanburg.zip

and put it in favorites.....it works. Put it all in favorites however (with no spaces), including the apolyton.net / go.php?
Old February 19, 2003, 17:54   #304
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

!

Quote:
I have these zips, and I have the files contained within them.....How do I get them to work on Simcity?
Extract the files into the folder:

My Documents \ Simcity 4 \ Regions \ Downloads

Fire up the game, open the San Francisco region, select the plots corresponding to our cities, click the "Import city" button, and select the city from the Downloads folder that you would like to import into the game.

Quote:
If allowed, I would like to terraform the city east of Osweld so that it could have better connections with you and Eli. You and Eli would then have the option (if you liked) of creating a small land bridge, though I dont believe that would be required.
Eh, sure. I will stop being picky about it. Unless someone else objects, it's fine with me. But don't expect a land bridge with me. (And don't forget to reconcile the edges before you start on your city.)

Quote:
How do neighboorhood deals work? I mean, if all the files are on my computer (and, for example, Vovs computer) then how can I connect to him? I connect to him on my computer, but on his I dont.
After I download yout city, I go into it, and reconnect all the connections to mine. After that, every time we excahnge cities, connections and deals are preserved.

Quote:
I was asking if you could RENAME your own cities. Not just name them.
Well, I wouldn't want you to do it that much since it would confuse us, nothing more. But if you feel the urge to rename the city, go ahead. (And don't forget to put your nick in there somewhere - as in Vovanburg, ADGville, etc. so that it is more convenient to do the imports)

Quote:
All this will require me to download a region. How do I do that?
You don't. Follow the proceduresfor importing cities I outlined above.

Quote:
do you all have the patch?
NO! And have no intention to install it either.

Quote:
Is the "God Mode after Mayor Mode" cheat allowed?
I'd say no cheats allowed whatsoever. Period. But it would be ADG's final call.

Quote:
Who has the best industry: Osweld, Eli, or Vovs?
I don't have any industry you might be interested in. Thus I'd say connect to Eli, as Osweld is pretty self-sufficient and said he wouldn't want anybody's sims stealing the jobs from the Kregstonians.
Spore page
Old February 19, 2003, 18:04   #305
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 10:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
YET YET ANOTHER QUESTION: do you all have the patch?
No. And I will not get it. Every time I try to download it my computer freezes.

Quote:
Well Vov has barely any industry. That I know for sure.

Eli has lots of industry, in fact, most of his city is industry.

I have lots of industry as well, but Eli has slightly more.

ADG has a good amount of industry as well.

Oh, and everyone: I'll have my save up soon as I can.
Old February 19, 2003, 18:18   #306
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
do you all have the patch?
I think I have half the patch... it didn't install properly but I now have the arrows that indicate which way a zone is facing. Beats me.

I don't think it would have any effect on this anyways.

Quote:
I don't have any industry you might be interested in. Thus I'd say connect to Eli, as Osweld is pretty self-sufficient and said he wouldn't want anybody's sims stealing the jobs from the Kregstonians.
Kregston is pretty hurting pretty badly in the industry department ever since connections to Elipolis where made, and all our industry moved there. I wouldn't really mind if a neighbouring town had people looking for work... it might breathe life back into the dirty industry. But I've started to build up quite a nice commercial sector and wouldn't want any foreigners taking those jobs from Kregstoners.

So aslong as your people don't mind hard labour in industrial factories, I don't mind.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 19, 2003, 18:38   #307
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 10:03
Ocean City '12 is now available at:

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Jon...-OceanCity.zip

Ocean City Stats - Population:
Residential - 27841
Commercial - 5513
Industrial - 10320

Note: The updated file is NOT on the FTP.
Old February 19, 2003, 19:06   #308
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
I don't have the patch installed (Though in the Ind sector it feels like I have the patch installed, for some strange reason...

No cheating is allowed, but I don't think there's much to do in God mode, after the city has started (You can't raise mountains and such)

Btw, It's over midnight, and I have to go to bed now (otherwise I wont be able to get to school tomorow )

Tomorow (if all players has uploaded their city to this new upload feature) I will edit my first post, with all the links...

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
(...) Kregstoners (...)
Old February 19, 2003, 21:13   #309
Nubclear

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CANT GO THROUGH MAXIS' STUPID BROWSER-BASED PATCH UPDATE SYSTEM: There is an executable patch out there!!! Link coming soon.

Quote:
No cheating is allowed, but I don't think there's much to do in God mode, after the city has started (You can't raise mountains and such)
The god mode cheat is holding Control, alt and C in order to access the "pre-city" god mode so you can raise mountains.

Also: Lets all use poly, because I dont want to disrupt my sleep schedule.

Also, right now I'm busy dealing with family issues (Why must my children rival each other? ) so I'll probably start either tonight or tomorrow, if thats alright with you.
Old February 19, 2003, 21:22   #310
vovan
Emperor

Thanks for the patch news, but I don't want it either way - I would have installed it if not for their little "industry fix"... Grrr...

Oh, and take your time, we can wait some for you.
Spore page
Old February 20, 2003, 00:54   #311
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
Quote:
Me, me, me! And I need more people to commute over here .
Old February 20, 2003, 04:47   #312
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CANT GO THROUGH MAXIS' STUPID BROWSER-BASED PATCH UPDATE SYSTEM: There is an executable patch out there!!! Link coming soon.
Wont update anyway, that indu "fix" sounds like something that kills the game...

Quote:
The god mode cheat is holding Control, alt and C in order to access the "pre-city" god mode so you can raise mountains.
Didn't know that, but this would be cheating, which is not allowed...

Quote:
Also: Lets all use poly, because I dont want to disrupt my sleep schedule.
Exactly, so we need some more people to upload their current "2012" savegame
Old February 20, 2003, 04:54   #313
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Not sure what you mean with "Rename" cities...
You shouldn't rename our cities, if that's what you want (And there's several reasons for that: It could confuse you and the renaming of the other cities, will change back when downloading the cities again (for the next turn)... and there's really no point in renaming your city (or at least thinking about it at present time), since you haven't even named your city yet...

And about the naming of city (as Vovansim said), please include your nick in the name (or part of it)
Old February 20, 2003, 04:55   #314
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
Note: The updated file is NOT on the FTP.
I have put the update on the ftp, but it'll be much easier to download it from here anyway...
Old February 20, 2003, 15:23   #315
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I have edited the first post, with the links I have for now... though there's still some missing... Here's what I've got for now:

The city files:

Ocean City - Mayor Jonny
Vovanburg - Mayor Vovansim
Kregston - Mayor Osweld
ADGillage - Mayor ADG
Old February 20, 2003, 15:29   #316
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I just sent John-SJ a PM, to see if he's still interested...
Old February 20, 2003, 15:35   #317
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Eli/City-Elipolis.zip
Old February 20, 2003, 15:36   #318
Eli
Emperor

But that's the old turn, I didnt play the new one yet.
Old February 20, 2003, 16:42   #319
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Yes, you have played the new turn... we haven't got to turn 2014 yet (We wait for Tassadar5000, before we get to that turn...)
Old February 20, 2003, 17:08   #320
Eli
Emperor

Whatever.
Old February 20, 2003, 17:41   #321
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

Wont update anyway, that indu "fix" sounds like something that kills the game...
What indu fix

Methinks maybe I should reinstall Simcity 4?
Old February 20, 2003, 17:42   #322
Nubclear

Also, just so I dont screw anything up, tell me when all cities have been uploaded.
Old February 21, 2003, 05:52   #323
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

The indu(stry) fix: You now need to have road next to industry, otherwise it wont grow...

I think the only one missing is John-SJ... if he doesn't upload his city before I get home, I take that as a sign, that he's not interested anymore, so I'll upload his city...
Old February 21, 2003, 17:27   #324
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
The indu(stry) fix: You now need to have road next to industry, otherwise it wont grow...
.....And hows that bad? I always road my industrial zones....
Old February 21, 2003, 17:46   #325
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

How I understand it is that you now need road next to each building (= you can't have a building a few buildings away from the road)... maybe I'm missing something here, but that's how I understand it (And ever since they released the patch, my game has acted that way, so I can't have 3 rows of indu, since the middle row wont get used... and yes, there's enough demand for indu)... the strange thing is, that I haven't even tried to download it...
Old February 21, 2003, 17:47   #326
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I didn't have time today to upload John-SJ's city, and I'm too tired to do it now
Old February 22, 2003, 04:32   #327
Nubclear

I'm going to begin my city now. It is named TASSAGRAD, and its mayor is TASSADAR. Read up for the site I chose.

IF your industrial "fix" is right, I'll reinstall Simcity. If you are wrong, I will keep the patch. I'll report back soon
Old February 22, 2003, 05:00   #328
Nubclear

Quote:
I'm going to begin my city now. It is named TASSAGRAD, and its mayor is TASSADAR. Read up for the site I chose.

IF your industrial "fix" is right, I'll reinstall Simcity. If you are wrong, I will keep the patch. I'll report back soon
You are unfortunately right. They wont even drive one square away from industrial Game killer.

So, I reinstalled
Old February 22, 2003, 05:09   #329
Nubclear

Ok, I reinstalled and switched to SF region and I've tried to place the cities where they should be..but when I go in the import city menu, it lists the folder "Downloads" but I can't select anything!!! Theres no + sign to expand it....

What do I do?
Old February 22, 2003, 06:40   #330
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Don't know, but have you tried to paste the .sc4 files into the San Fancisco dir? Don't know if it works, but it's worth a try...