Old January 24, 2003, 22:11   #31
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Dude, it's called a really good imagination. Ever read a book and forget you're reading? Like everything's flowing into a movie?
Your imagination is just hyper or something. I don't think I've ever heard voices, but then I rarely dream and noone's ever talked in those dreams. So maybe I just have a visual imagination and not aural. Can you hear songs really well if you try and remember them?
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old January 25, 2003, 00:24   #32
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Well, my psychiatrist says it could be several possibilites:

-Because it only happens when I'm dead tired and almost asleep, it could be my imagination.
-I may have a thyroid problem.
-My depression may be getting so bad that I have psychotic symptoms associated with it.
-I may be a schizophrenic.
Right now the dog next door is barking, telling me that the answer is "d", you're a psycho psycho, psycho!!!
Old January 25, 2003, 01:36   #33
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

About sleep paralysis. Has anyone who has ever suffered from that gotten the impression of a strange shape that accompanies the other symptoms? Not exactly something you see, but you can feel a strange shape that you can't quite get a handle on. My brother had the same thing, but I don't know if anyone else has.

I also used to wake up in the middle of the night totally immobile. No muscle control, no breathing. Scary as all ****ing hell. It took a supreme force of will to make my body move again.

Thankfully those things left with childhood. Now I just have very vivid dreams and deja vu all the time.
Old January 25, 2003, 02:16   #34
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Right now the dog next door is barking, telling me that the answer is "d", you're a psycho psycho, psycho!!!
Old January 25, 2003, 02:39   #35
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 18:04
I figured I'd say it's your wife (you did have one right?)playing tricks on you but the stuff you have told rules that out... women never do what they are told.
This a bit scary thread, the fact that you people probably aren't making this all up...
I'm just boring since I've never had anything like many of you here. Only wierd thing apart from occasional falling sensations and waking up, which is very rare for me, was when "I burned a fuse" or something. I dunno how else to describe it. I was going to bed one night and I wasn't even nearly sleep when I had some sort of boom sound in my head, and it felt and sounded too like a electric shock. Not very powerful, it didn't hurt but was weird as hell.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:27   #36
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

I get that where sounds in my head seem more 'exterior' than usual just before sleeping. I can still tell the difference though.

Tassadar, when you stop being able to tell they are just in your head, it'll be time for that long vacation you've been planning
Old January 25, 2003, 15:39   #37
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:04
Tassadar - it's a completely normal part of falling asleep. Usually , by the time you hear the voices your concious mind is already turned off. But not always. When falling asleep you can also think that someone is touching you or watching you. All perfectly ok, though scary.

I had the same things too btw.
Old January 25, 2003, 16:01   #38
Az
Emperor

erm... siro, no.

It was me who was touching you.
Old January 25, 2003, 16:18   #39
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:04
When the brain requires sleep (a sort of "timeout" when experiences of the day need to be sorted out and filed or discarded according to percieved importance, there is a transition period where the concious and subconcious minds intersect. In that time, we translate daily events into memories and call up old memories as templates for the incorporation process.

Before I quite fall asleep, my concious mind is not quite ready to relinquish control. I tend to invent vague problems to solve, some people create social ones, etc. But it is just a transition period. Don't worry about it.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old January 25, 2003, 16:24   #40
Az
Emperor

*waits for Siro's response*
Old January 25, 2003, 17:28   #41
Blackwidow24
Queen

Local Time: 15:04
Oh Tass well in that case tell yourself to SHUTUP before you go to sleep at night

LAHHOOOHOOSSER...j/k
Old January 25, 2003, 18:32   #42
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackwidow24
Oh Tass well in that case tell yourself to SHUTUP before you go to sleep at night

LAHHOOOHOOSSER...j/k
Hmm.............Oh my, I hear something..........The voices! Their saying........

Ming.......can you close this thread?.......
Old January 25, 2003, 19:16   #43
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 09:04
I have too

I was freaked out for a bit

but than I just realised I was talking to myself

so eveything was cool

Jon Miller