Old January 31, 2003, 11:31   #31
Ozz
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai
What is real sad for HoI as a game, is the loss of Bolt, one of(if not the) the most important mod maker. Sad that he went mad...(because that's what it seems like, at least when not having the direct information at hand ) We can only hope he'll come back, but that's not very likely I guess.
Bolt just may switch the locations he posts them to. He posted his reasons for leaving and frankly i agree with him.

It is that boards loss, not a loss to the HOI community.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2003, 14:39   #32
Havard
Warlord

Local Time: 16:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz

Bolt just may switch the locations he posts them to. He posted his reasons for leaving and frankly i agree with him.
Things are not always as they seem when your information come from one side only...
Havard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2003, 15:15   #33
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 11:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz

It is that boards loss, not a loss to the HOI community.
You're HERE too?

If you'd like to debate the situation regarding Bolt here too, I'm ready and waiting...
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2003, 15:24   #34
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 08:05
So why exactly did this bolt fellow decid to leave?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2003, 18:54   #35
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

He got banned from the OT forum for 7 days for some comments he made there. He thinks it was unjustly, and as a 'punishment' for Paradox, he's left the community and refused to do any more mod work.
Old January 31, 2003, 19:11   #36
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 17:05
I got a mail from Bolt yesterday evening, which he seems to have sent to several persons, where he writes short about the issue:

Quote:
Paradox, Johan, et. al :

I am sorry that a situation has developed in which I no longer feel able to contribute to the HoI community. I have faith that despite my absence HoI will continue to improve and become, as it already is, a classic in it's genre.

I do wish to object, however, to the characterization of my actions and words on the public Paradox forums, and some of the subsequent actions of the forum moderators.

Specifically, there has been some verbiage from the forum moderators to the effect that was intentionally offensive and inflammatory to individuals and countries, and that I deliberately ignored warnings regarding the same.

I did not insult anyone's country, nor did I personally insult anyone, and I resent the characterizations of my words as such. I consider it libellous, in fact. Rest assured I do not intend that statement as a threat. This is a game and a forum for pete's sake, and everything belongs in that context.

Secondly, it appears now that the threads or posts upon which this whole issue turned are now being or in the process of being deleted, thus removing either my ability to show that I was NOT doing anything of the character suggested, or the ability of any other individual to in fact investigate and find the truth and basis of this situation.

I consider this whole issue to be reflective of a hair trigger and censorious policy on the part of some Paradox forum moderators that is, frankly, shameful. Parenthetically, it also negatively impacts the reputation of Paradox in the marketplace.

I will offer no advice on resolution here, because this entire matter is to me of comparatively small importance.

I do wish however to personally apologize to Johan for no longer being available as a resource to him over this. I wish the situation had been more maturely handled by both me and everyone involved. To the extent of my responsiblity for it, I accept it and apologize for it.

Sincerely,

T. Brady

-Bolt.
It seems to me that he's completely finished with HoI...
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2003, 16:50   #37
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

You're HERE too?

If you'd like to debate the situation regarding Bolt here too, I'm ready and waiting...

I've abandoned "there"

No, I don't feel we should, it is really not any of our
business.

Nikolai has posted Bolt's statement, let that stand.

That debate was never really about Bolt anyways.
Old February 3, 2003, 18:27   #38
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz

I've abandoned "there"

No, I don't feel we should, it is really not any of our
business.

Nikolai has posted Bolt's statement, let that stand.

That debate was never really about Bolt anyways.
Suit yourself.

Just make sure you adhere to that, because I'll be watching.
Old February 3, 2003, 19:57   #39
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:

Suit yourself.

Just make sure you adhere to that, because I'll be watching.
Ohhhh

Don't be such an arsehole all the time
Old February 3, 2003, 20:16   #40
Jon Shafer

What are you trying to do, ruin all my fun?
Old February 3, 2003, 23:03   #41
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
What are you trying to do, ruin all my fun?

Ok, maybe take my some of my OWN advice.

In fact I'm here to post about HOI.

What I think they've missed is the special areas of the
world, Ie : St. Nazaire Drylocks. You shouldn't be able to
repair a battleship in any old harbour (you can't ie the
french battleship stuck at Dakar), or a destroyer for
that matter.
Old February 4, 2003, 01:14   #42
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 23:05
That depends quite a bit on the extent (and location) of the damage though. Damage to the superstructure or the hull above the waterline shouldn't require a drydock for example unless of a very severe nature.
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2003, 10:35   #43
Ozz
Chieftain

Quite true, I just felt they were missing some of the
unique effects of man-made places of special industry
or geographic effects.

St. Nazaire Drylocks
Sea strait gunnery at Gibr and the channel narrows.
The heavy water plant in Norway

While it is a overall stategic game, it's missing the
special forces playground aspect that makes ww2 unique.
Old February 4, 2003, 21:19   #44
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 23:05
You have a point there.
Idle speculation on my part but I wonder if such can be modded in? Maybe add an additional label ("Drydock"?) in subtext to the province and script in an event with a faster repair rate while docked in said province ...
Might start going through the scripting possibilities in a bit to see just what can be done with what they've given us ...
ravagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2003, 08:17   #45
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 16:05
Why are we discussing 10 different things in the 1 thread? Its not like this board is churning fast
Old February 5, 2003, 10:37   #46
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon
They should have an attack called a raid (ie feint)

Raids should knock down IC and or inferstructure in a
province if they take it, like bombing.

WW2 was full of raids, British commados in Norway, France, Africa. Front line raids to blow a bridge, telephone exchange or rail junction by the Germans
and Russians.

It would give reason to garrison other places besides
the beaches. (paratroops)

Of course until they get the inferstructure working
right all this is moot.
Old February 6, 2003, 03:41   #47
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
Why are we discussing 10 different things in the 1 thread? Its not like this board is churning fast
It seems like every game here has its own thread...

Everyone's afraid no one will notice their new, little thread, so they lump everything into the big one that they know people visit.
Old February 6, 2003, 13:10   #48
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 08:05
Yes, if you make three different threads then all thre of them will sink so fast you'll never get a response. Better to have one big thread which everyone will see.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote