Old January 25, 2003, 12:54   #1
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1330 Settler Allocation
We currently have 2 Settlers hanging out SSW of Seeberg. They should be used as follows:

Neo Leipzig to be located one tile NE of Leipzig. This will require similar move order as Neo Frankfurt did last turn. ie rr access, settler positioning, sell buildings in old city, abandon old city, found new city, relocate garisons, position workers on new lands for improvement. This relocation reduces but does not eliminate overlap with Neo Frankfurt.

Cologne to be located where Cologne was before the Greeks razed it. That location is 3 tiles due south of the Persian city town of Samaria. There is a road path to the site, around the aztec interference, which should be rr, and we will need to garrison Cologne.

This exhausts our settler inventory and needs to be replenished. Howitzerville can make a settler this turn if switched.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old January 25, 2003, 20:54   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
I agree, roadcage. Maybe another city can produce another one (or more) in the next turns (as a reserve, during war times). We have a chance to take Heidelberg before the Greeks, and we'll need another settler. There's a possibility for a settler in the Roman front too.

Btw, the "Neo Leipzig maneuver" worked beautifully!
Or Neo-frankfurt?)

Last edited by Aro; January 25, 2003 at 23:12.
Old January 26, 2003, 10:04   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

roadcage, what about Neo Leipzig be located one tile N of Leipzig, instead? It's closer to Heidelberg, our (likely) next target. If we do that, we'll be one turn closer to an assault to Heidelberg.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	leipzigplan.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	35031  
Old January 26, 2003, 20:39   #4
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:07
N of leipzig is also possible, it does accelerate Heidelburg attack, but continues to force us to develop settlers. We can make one from Howitzerville next turn (available 1335). We also need to identify atleast one other settler available by 1340.

The North move will require atleast a worker positioned on the two blue arrow tiles this turn (so they can road next turn allowing additional workers to railroad). We will also need to cover those workers with infantry.

But all in all, provided we have the workers available the Northern move is good. I considered this option but didn't suggest it as it forces us to make more settlers.

This wouldn't bother me as it is what I would do in my own game, but I always maintain a settler supply when doing Industrial Age and later attacks. Now the DM should consider a settler now and then as an alternate to Police Station as the 2 pop reduction is just as effective from a war weariness point of view.
Old January 26, 2003, 20:57   #5
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
The NE move would allow us to keep Heidelburg where we capture it, right? Then would we keep Bremen where it is?
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 26, 2003, 21:19   #6
Aro
lifer
Emperor

The problen with keep Heidelburg is the time, in turns, necessary to finish Germany. There's no sense in complain "stop the aggression against our mother country" if there's no mother country...
We can take Heiderburg in... 2~3 turns, and Bremen in the same time (3, likely). But Nuremberg is a different story... 4~5 turns. So, could we keep Heidelberg, wasting troops, without riots for so much time?

About the settlers, I agree, we need a suply. Hmm... 2~3 in war time, all the time.
I think the N of Leipzig, making our way to Heidelberg shorter, worth the extra settler.