Old January 26, 2003, 20:42   #1
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Notification of Absence
As I've told a semi-random collection of people, I'm going to be away in Europe for all of Febuary, and obviously won't be able to play any of my turns.

I'm currently in the process of finding replacements in all my games, and I'll post when that's all sorted out.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old January 27, 2003, 13:54   #2
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am currently in a changed-place-of-residence chaos and will not be able to play for one or two weeks.
Old January 27, 2003, 23:15   #3
klesh
King

Dont forget your mittens Nick!

PS: It's a windchill tonite of -25 degrees fahrenheit. To translate to centigrade= The inside of your nose freezes approx 3 seconds after stepping out on the tiles. Brrr. Have fun!

-FMK.

PPS, say hello to the French girls for me
Old January 27, 2003, 23:43   #4
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 12:11
Lucky b*astard!
Old January 28, 2003, 00:05   #5
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
PS: It's a windchill tonite of -25 degrees fahrenheit. To translate to centigrade= The inside of your nose freezes approx 3 seconds after stepping out on the tiles. Brrr. Have fun!
Yuck.
I tried on all my thermal stuff today, and I can testify that they sucessfully kept me warm on a 30 degree celcius (80-90F) day

Quote:
PPS, say hello to the French girls for me
Sure. Will I need to include your last name, or do they all remember you as just Rob?
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old January 28, 2003, 17:03   #6
klesh
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Case
Sure. Will I need to include your last name, or do they all remember you as just Rob?

Nope, they'll remember me simply as 'the Ambassador'.

-FMK.
Old January 30, 2003, 00:37   #7
Case
Emperor

Substitutes
OK, I've arranged Subs for all but two of my games, and here's the list:

2194 Days of War: The ANZAC
Age of War: Winterfritz*
Another Age of War: Winterfritz*
Fictional Americas: JMarks
Lebensraum: Techumseh
Raging Dragon: The ANZAC*

* = to be confirmed

This leaves Mongols and 'de Historibus Europae. If anyone's willing to fill in for me, let me know ASAP!
Old January 30, 2003, 07:45   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Case Ill do Historibus as long as you are back by the first weekend in March? When are you comming back?

PM me the password and strategy.
Old January 30, 2003, 09:06   #9
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:11
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Case Ill do Historibus as long as you are back by the first weekend in March? When are you comming back?

PM me the password and strategy.
And why don't you sub for Case in Mongols, as well? That would give me an opportunity to compete with the Bump King...
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old January 30, 2003, 12:15   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Nope, I dont know that scenario and Im just about PBEM'ed out. Ive reached my limit so Im being "selective". And I have a busy February before I go to Europe for a month in March!
Old January 30, 2003, 18:06   #11
Case
Emperor

Sorry Steve, but I've asked John (Patient English) to fill in for me since I made that post. Techumseh has offered to fill in for me in Mongols, so I'm set
Old January 30, 2003, 18:22   #12
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 10:11
I'm cool with taking over as the CIS. It's the same password as I got right?
Old January 30, 2003, 19:04   #13
Case
Emperor

Yep - my security procedures suck
Old January 30, 2003, 19:05   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Sorry Steve, but I've asked John (Patient English) to fill in for me since I made that post. Techumseh has offered to fill in for me in Mongols, so I'm set
No worries Mate, I was just doing it because we are buds. Im in enough already. When are officially comming back BTW?.
Old January 31, 2003, 00:52   #15
Case
Emperor

I'll be back on the first of march.
Old January 31, 2003, 01:24   #16
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

if the christians start attacking the great wall of china i will be a bit miffed
Old January 31, 2003, 03:11   #17
techumseh
Emperor

Local Time: 09:11
Just wait until we discover the air transport tech!

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old January 31, 2003, 04:05   #18
Cyrion
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
if the christians start attacking the great wall of china i will be a bit miffed

What should I say: I am the one with a border with both Christians and Mongols...
Old January 31, 2003, 19:04   #19
Case
Emperor

I'm off now, I'll see you guys in a month

If anything major comes up I should be contactable at my normal email address, but don't count on a fast responce

I'm pretty sure that I sent my passord to everybody, but if it turns out that I didn't then contact ANZAC or Darius.
Old January 31, 2003, 20:46   #20
Cyrion
King

I like your new avatar!!
Old February 6, 2003, 11:05   #21
Case
Emperor

Hello from Rome
Due to Winterfritz being too busy to play my AoW turns, I've asked Grothgar to fill in for me in Age of War and Kirk to fill in in AAOW

*wanders off in the direction of the Forum*

Last edited by Case; February 6, 2003 at 11:25.
Old February 6, 2003, 12:10   #22
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

so do we get to hear about Rome? are you planning to meet any of the Euro posters among us? Details! We want details!
Old February 6, 2003, 12:28   #23
Cyrion
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
so do we get to hear about Rome? are you planning to meet any of the Euro posters among us? Details! We want details!
He refused to stop and visit me on his way between Venice and Paris, even though his train will be going through my little town...

Old February 6, 2003, 12:31   #24
Cyrion
King

Sorry, DP!!

It never occured to me in 1 year and now it's already the second time in 1 week!! What's up??

Have you got more problem than before with it too??
Old February 10, 2003, 07:29   #25
Case
Emperor

Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrion

He refused to stop and visit me on his way between Venice and Paris, even though his train will be going through my little town...
...at about 500 KM/Hr - It's one of those fast French ones (TGV?)
Old February 10, 2003, 09:17   #26
Cyrion
King

Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
...at about 500 KM/Hr - It's one of those fast French ones (TGV?)
Don't tell me you believed the french advertisement??

Actually it's quite fast, but not THAT fast (500 km/hr?? forget it!).

And it's only really fast on some sections, which is not the case (no pun intended!) in my area!

Anyway, if you don't stop, I'll take the VBs and Coopers (red label) form the fridge and drink them alone!

PS: don't forget Sienna!
Old February 10, 2003, 10:14   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrion
Anyway, if you don't stop, I'll take the VBs and Coopers (red label) form the fridge and drink them alone! PS:
Case sounds like free bear! I dont know about you Aussies but us Americans (real Americans anyway) have a hard time pssing up free beer!
Old February 10, 2003, 11:05   #28
techumseh
Emperor

Local Time: 09:11
Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Case sounds like free bear! I dont know about you Aussies but us Americans (real Americans anyway) have a hard time pssing up free beer!
You mean REAL beer?

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old February 10, 2003, 11:09   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by techumseh

You mean REAL beer?
Yep and FREE to boot!

How could anyone pass that up!
Old February 10, 2003, 11:30   #30
Cyrion
King

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by techumseh

You mean REAL beer?
If you had ever tried COOPERS, then you would know it's not only real beer, but it's THE beer!! Probably God's final purpose when He created the universe!

And I don't know many Americans personnally, but I'm ready to bet that most Aussies are even more willing to drink beer anytime...