Old February 14, 2003, 08:31   #31
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrion

Don't tell me you believed the french advertisement??

Actually it's quite fast, but not THAT fast (500 km/hr?? forget it!)
I hope that you're not trying to tell be that any French person would ever lie?

Quote:
Anyway, if you don't stop, I'll take the VBs and Coopers (red label) form the fridge and drink them alone!
*starts crying*
However, given that a) I'm booked in all the way to Paris and b) the last time I tried something clever with European trains I almost got stranded at Rome's Termini Station I'll have to condem you to drinking alone.

Quote:
PS: don't forget Sienna!
I didn't , and you can check your letter box in a few days for the proof
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old February 14, 2003, 08:54   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Case

You haven't really adressed your lack of motivation for free beer. I and many others posting in this thread are extremely concerned about your sense of priorities.....
Old February 14, 2003, 09:09   #33
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:11
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Case

You haven't really adressed your lack of motivation for free beer. I and many others posting in this thread are extremely concerned about your sense of priorities.....
So true!
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old February 14, 2003, 12:04   #34
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
Steve, I feel the call of free beer in every bone in my body. If I wasn't firmly clutching the desk, I suspect that the magnetism of the beer would pull me towards the Alps.

Nevertheless, the cost of such beer is still too great. While I'm sure that the Swiss are more efficient then the Italians, meaning that I probably won't get stranded, I still can't afford the cost of rearranging my trip, especially at such a late stage

Anyway, beer's much cheaper here then it is in Australia (as an easy example, big 600 ml bottles of Heneikin cost 1.30 Euros here vs about 5 Australian dollars [2.50 Euro] in Canberra)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old February 14, 2003, 12:21   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK OK already! But dont think this is a good enough excuse to get a smiley face in the Boney Tourney.!

On your next trip to Europe you will have to ASSUME Cyrion has free beer and plan accordingly!

Hope you are having fun!
Old February 14, 2003, 13:01   #36
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 10:11
How about a trip through the US Case?
Old February 18, 2003, 11:27   #37
Cyrion
King

Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Originally posted by Case
I didn't , and you can check your letter box in a few days for the proof
Proof received, thanks!!

And I'm glad you agree with my view on this magnificent city!!

Steve, as you seem to have healthy views on the subject of beer, I extend to you my invitation for a few free ones if you come to my area!

And as I'm not british, I won't even warm them before drinking!!
Old February 18, 2003, 11:58   #38
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
And as I'm not british, I won't even warm them before drinking!!
Thank god! Warm beer sounds well Yucky!

If I ever get close Ill definately stop for a free one. Ill be in London for a month starting in early March but its for work not pleasure and I recently found out my workload was going to increase so any hopes of getting to the continent even for a weekend have vanished.

But over the next couple of years I may make it to London or Germany again and if work dictates I will definately look you up!
Old February 18, 2003, 12:02   #39
Cyrion
King

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating Lunch in Florence
Quote:
Thank god! Warm beer sounds well Yucky!
Yes, the only thing worse is... no beer at all!

Quote:
But over the next couple of years I may make it to London or Germany again and if work dictates I will definately look you up!
Old February 20, 2003, 12:33   #40
Case
Emperor

Sitting in Paris using a dodgy French-optimised keyboard
Quote:
Proof received, thanks!!
No problem It was the least I could do to thank you for your recomendations (I don't trust travel books recomendations much)

For the record, the train didn't even end up going through Switzerland. (though the mountains it did pass through were spectacular).

Quote:
How about a trip through the US Case?
I have been considering that, and I chose Europe this time mainly due to fears of terrorist attacks sparked by the Iraq crisis/screw-up. However, I'd have to be sure that I don't go at a time when the US east coast is hit by massive snowstorms. While I haven't walked in snow for 5 years, I don't think that hanging around in 50 cm of snow would be much fun

Last edited by Case; February 20, 2003 at 12:40.
Old February 20, 2003, 13:54   #41
Cyrion
King

Re: Sitting in Paris using a dodgy French-optimised keyboard
Quote:
For the record, the train didn't even end up going through Switzerland. (though the mountains it did pass through were spectacular).
I'll consider that as a good excuse for not stopping!

Enjoy the end of your trip!
Old February 27, 2003, 17:39   #42
klesh
King

Hey, 50cm of snow is kinda fun.

How were the french slu...I mean girls. You'd better well have scored Nick.

-R.
Old March 1, 2003, 04:36   #43
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
How were the french slu...I mean girls. You'd better well have scored Nick.
Shame on you Rob. A gentleman would never ask such a question, let alone answer it
Old March 1, 2003, 04:48   #44
Case
Emperor

I have returned
After visiting three continents in one day and spending a mere 19 hours in cattle class and only half a day with my luggage in a different city from myself, I'm now back home [QANTAS is a great airline only when its aircraft finally take off].

As suprising proof that a) God actually exists and b) he hates me, it was actually warmer today in Paris then it was here in Canberra. Go figure.

I'm going to be too busy to play my turns anytime in the next couple of days, but service should be back to normal after that.

It goes without saying that I'd like to thank everyone who filled in for me. I owe you all.

Last edited by Case; March 1, 2003 at 05:08.
Old March 1, 2003, 12:05   #45
The ANZAC
King

No prob. Hopefully I didn't screw up too much
Old March 1, 2003, 15:29   #46
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

your turn never in AoW never came up while you were absent
Old March 1, 2003, 15:51   #47
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 16:11
And you'll likely have to deal with some unexpected problems in 2194 days...
Old March 1, 2003, 23:11   #48
klesh
King

Quote:

Shame on you Rob. A gentleman would never ask such a question, let alone answer it

Who said anything about being a gentleman?

-FMK.
Old March 1, 2003, 23:51   #49
The ANZAC
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik
And you'll likely have to deal with some unexpected problems in 2194 days...
That's what you think