Old November 12, 2004, 19:18   #31
Aabraxan
Warlord

Local Time: 15:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by siron
have u tried the latest 1.40 b18 patch?
No. The trouble is that I can't install MOO2 on my new computer to begin with. Don't I have to have it installed before I can put a patch in?

Also, I don't have any clue what version I'm running & the link you provided says that v1.31 only works on the English version. . . I do have an old (e.g. 166 Mhz) laptop on which I can play MOO2, but I run the German version, because it allows for a complete install to the hard drive, so I don't have to play with the disk in the CD drive. Speeds up and quiets down play tremendously.
Aabraxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2004, 20:02   #32
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:14
All the english versions I have allow you to copy the CD and run from it on the HD via the Orionini.

But no you so not need a valid install in order to patch it. If you have the whole CD on the HD. You can copy in the patch and then install. I have a CD with that directory (patch on it) and install from that at times.

So if you create a directory for Orion2 and copy the CD into and then from that directory DB clk the setup, it will not install?
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2004, 00:37   #33
siron
Prince

Local Time: 17:14
"Also, I don't have any clue what version I'm running & the link you provided says that v1.31 only works on the English version"

It says english 1.31 patch.
no problem to patch the german version with this english patch. I have done the same.
Old November 22, 2004, 14:44   #34
Aabraxan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
All the english versions I have allow you to copy the CD and run from it on the HD via the Orionini.

But no you so not need a valid install in order to patch it. If you have the whole CD on the HD. You can copy in the patch and then install. I have a CD with that directory (patch on it) and install from that at times.

So if you create a directory for Orion2 and copy the CD into and then from that directory DB clk the setup, it will not install?
Sorry to be so long getting back to you on this vmxa1, but no, creating a directory and copying the whole disk to the HD, then dbl-clicking the Install.exe or setup.exe. does not work. And I just discovered that I can't copy the autoexec.nt, anyway. Probably because it's a work computer (I wanted to get some games in on my lunch break). Probably just as well. I can still play at home, time permitting. Thanks to you and Siron for your help, anyway.

By the way, I did discover that I've got version 1.3.

Last edited by Aabraxan; December 15, 2004 at 15:42.
Old November 22, 2004, 17:02   #35
vmxa1
Deity

It may be that it needs to have some admin authority to write something into a restricted location.

I could not get it to run on NT at work as I think it did not support DIrect X, I forget now.
Old November 23, 2005, 09:06   #36
Aabraxan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lostnwoods
I have a diffrent problem with xp that i can't find any help with out there so i am hoping some one hear can help me i get a a error message thats says
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXECT.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications." but thats my only error so i can even install the games can some one please help ?
I ran across someone else having this same problem on another site and remembered that I wasn't the only one here having it, so I thought I'd post a link. I can't vouch for the source or the information, and & I haven't tried their recommended solution, but here it is.

http://www.gamingbliss.com/masteroforion2pc.html
Old November 25, 2005, 05:48   #37
Grig de Griz
Settler

Local Time: 20:14
Use "Virtual PC" or "VMware Workstation", you will not have any problems under any operating system or hardware.

I recommend for MoO2 to emulate a DOS under "VMware Workstation".

Links:
Virtual PC - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc
VMware Workstation - http://www.vmware.com
Grig de Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2006, 19:02   #38
theCzar
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Chieftain

Location: I live In a house, near a long strip of tarmac leading to some shops, do you know it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Lostnwoods
I have a diffrent problem with xp that i can't find any help with out there so i am hoping some one hear can help me i get a a error message thats says
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXECT.NT the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications." but thats my only error so i can even install the games can some one please help ?
There's a lot of very complicated fixes, but chances are there's a folder in your windows directory called REPAIR, copy the autoexec.nt from that folder into the SYSTEM32 folder and all's well.

Last edited by theCzar; April 20, 2006 at 08:18.
theCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2006, 08:15   #39
filownn
Settler

Okay I've installed the 1.31 and 1.40, but there isn't any dig.ini file? Can someone help me out please?
filownn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2006, 09:32   #40
vmxa1
Deity

I can't speak to 1.40, but I have no dig.ini in 1.31, only orion...ini.
Old April 20, 2006, 14:11   #41
siron
Prince

This file is generated when you use the dos installation INSTALL.EXE.

You have prolly a win install and you added the dos version later on (1.31 patch contains the dos orion2.exe). Try a proper dos install. When your cd doesnt contain the dos installation you can also try this here:

http://www.spheriumnorth.com/orion-f....php?p=949#949
Old April 21, 2006, 01:04   #42
filownn
Settler

I uinstalled and deleted all the windows 95 install files, and reinstalled the dos version; still no dig.ini. Do you mean a .dig file?
Old April 21, 2006, 15:54   #43
siron
Prince

Hmmm. No idea. You have setsound.exe? And when you run it no dig.ini is created?
Old April 21, 2006, 18:37   #44
filownn
Settler

Hey I configured the midi and digital sound and it created the dig and the mdi, but it said NOT to configure in SET SOUND in the instructions that the earlier poster gave. Anyway thanks for all your help. You have been very helpful.
Old April 24, 2006, 05:38   #45
siron
Prince

LordBrazen assumed that setsound.exe is started automatically directly after installation with install.exe.