Old February 4, 2001, 22:03   #1
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Beating Transcend Level...
I am curious about something...

Can you beat Transcend level every freakin' time?
Well i can't.
I've purchased a game about year ago,but didn't played it at all (well,almost),due to my Civ2 addiction and large multiplayer comunnity where i polished my skills to a high level.
Last 2 months i played SMACX very often,every game with Morganites.
Problem is,when i am ahead of all other factions in 1st 100-150 turns,they usually all unite against me and i have no trade bonuses from treaties or pacts.
That is a big disandvantage for Morgan and i usually fall down in tech race,not to mention attacks from all sides.

Any advice is welcome.

Take care.

SF
Old February 4, 2001, 23:02   #2
Travathian
Warlord

Local Time: 21:03
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Why are you pissing people off?

If they ask for something, give it to them. If they don't, but they are getting uphappy, offer it to them.

Watch your SE settings. You wont be able to please everyone, but make it a point to please as many as possible, especially factions with high populations. The bonuses you receive from commerce depend on comparible number of bases.

If you conquer another faction and they submit, give them all their bases back and help them rebuild (give tech and money). More bases and more population mean more commerce from them.

Remember, energy is everything. Once you've secured a sizable area and have it defended, go for tech which give bonuses to commerce or help increase energy. Becoming governor is key also. Not only do you get commerce bonus, but you have an infiltrator. Use this to find out which factions are close to completing key SP. If you're working on the same one, time it so that you buy it the turn before they complete it.

If you have an enemy nearby who just wont go away, use those probe teams and buy them off. Use their own units and cities against them.

Never commit atrocities unless its so late in the game and your victory so certain that you can afford the enormous loss in trade commerce.

Oh, and read Vel's strategy guide.
Old February 5, 2001, 09:07   #3
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:03
Thanx.

Usually i avoid giving techs because they're always asking for latest stuff. Next turn all factions have Air Power or such.

I've tried to read Vel's strategy guide,but it is enormous.

I've won about 60% of my games,but if i got stucked with 2 militarists on an average size island,i am usually beaten.
Old February 9, 2001, 19:29   #4
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 00:03
quote:

I've tried to read Vel's strategy guide,but it is enormous.

It's about to get a whole lot bigger